Bus Capacity for League Cup Final

ICT Supporters Trust

STATEMENT REGARDING BUS CAPACITY FOR LEAGUE CUP FINAL

The Caley Jags Together board will be having an emergency meeting tomorrow afternoon to discuss this issue and look at all the options available. Further information on this will follow the meeting tomorrow.

We would like to remind people if they are interested in travelling by bus to put their names (adult/child) and a contact number on the waiting list ASAP by emailing cjtsupsbus.2014@gmail.com

Train reservations continue to be taken by texting the travel number on 07951 309 504 or emailing on ictfcfinaltrain2014@gmail.com (this email is different than the bus one). Adults £30, U16s £10

Many Thanks.

Edited by CaleyJagsTogether
  • Agree 1

Update Regarding Transport to League Cup Final

The CJT board met this afternoon to discuss the challenges around additional bus provision for the league final. We would like to assure ICT supporters that we are currently looking at all the options available in order to try and address this issue.

In the meantime we strongly recommend making use of the great value ICT supporters train as the best way to ensure easy transport to the final. Please email ictfcfinaltrain2014@gmail.com to secure your place, spaces are filling up fast. We would also like to let people know that the train ticket price also includes onward travel on the low level train from Queen Street Station to Bellgrove Station which is then only a 10 minute walk to Celtic Park.

Many thanks.
Edited by CaleyJagsTogether

No word on extra buses then?

Will SPT put on enough trains to get fans from Queen Street to Bellgrove in light of more than just special train fans likely to use that

Scotrail planning has been spot on so far so no reason to doubt that they will. Remember Glasgow is used to dealing with large crowds.

• Agree 1

Will SPT put on enough trains to get fans from Queen Street to Bellgrove in light of more than just special train fans likely to use that service.

You've got the option of heading to central and getting the low level to Bridgeton aswell. That's alot closer to Parkhead than Bellgrove is.

Will SPT put on enough trains to get fans from Queen Street to Bellgrove in light of more than just special train fans likely to use that service.

You've got the option of heading to central and getting the low level to Bridgeton aswell. That's alot closer to Parkhead than Bellgrove is.

The special train ticket includes return travel to Belgrove in the price. I'm assured it's only a ten minute walk max.

The special train ticket includes return travel to Belgrove in the price. I'm assured it's only a ten minute walk max.

Quite a brisk ten minute walk. Bellgrove is about a mile from Parkhead but I am not sure that Bridgeton is any closer. The other station relatively close is Dalmarnock but again you would have to walk from Queen Street to Central an pay the extra fare. Much better just to use the inclusive fare to Bellgrove.

Edited by Kingsmills

I think that the Aberdeen trains will be encouraged to use the other stations.  The inclusion of the onward travel will be to assist in segregation.  I'm certain they will have plenty trains on to cope with demand.  As Lynne says they are pretty used to moving large numbers of people around with big football matches, concerts etc so I would take their advice and use the Queen Street - Belgrove line

• Agree 1

All the more reason to go on a supporters' bus but if no more than 10 are being run and these are all full............ The dilemma now is how long should we stay on the waiting list for a bus before it's too late to try and get a seat on a train?

All the more reason to go on a supporters' bus but if no more than 10 are being run and these are all full............ The dilemma now is how long should we stay on the waiting list for a bus before it's too late to try and get a seat on a train?

Cant tell you what to do but I would probably plump for the train? Im on the train dont see it as being a hassle tbh. Remember you may have to walk to Celtic park from a coach stop too.  

• Agree 1

Cant tell you what to do but I would probably plump for the train? Im on the train dont see it as being a hassle tbh. Remember you may have to walk to Celtic park from a coach stop too.  

I'd have to agree with that, although resources for additional buses is being looked at there are no guarantees. The worst case scenario is that either no extra buses can be done (or only one or two, thus still leaving a large demand) and everyone goes to book the train late on. Therefore not allowing time for the second train that we can get to be laid on, then leaving even more people disappointed. 

Besides if the 10/15 minute walk from Bellgrove is the issue, you do get to take in some stunning scenery. Honest.   :tongueincheek:

• Agree 1

Fraz said that "you may have to walk to Celtic park from a coach stop too". I cant see that this walk will be significantly longer than the one from Bellgrove as I thought that supporters' buses normally park quite near the ground.

So, is that a definite no to more buses being run through CJT to the final? If so we need to start looking for an alternative and I am now concerned that we might miss the opportunity to get on the first (and possibly only) special train. No official word from CJT yet. 

Fraz said that "you may have to walk to Celtic park from a coach stop too". I cant see that this walk will be significantly longer than the one from Bellgrove as I thought that supporters' buses normally park quite near the ground.

So, is that a definite no to more buses being run through CJT to the final? If so we need to start looking for an alternative and I am now concerned that we might miss the opportunity to get on the first (and possibly only) special train. No official word from CJT yet. 

Row S at the moment there are no more buses thats all I can tell you. There may well be a walk of a similar distance for the bus folk as the police havent disclosed where we are going to park yet. It may be a shorter walk than the train it may not be... My advice is if you want to be certain of transport with cjt book the train.

Fraz said that "you may have to walk to Celtic park from a coach stop too". I cant see that this walk will be significantly longer than the one from Bellgrove as I thought that supporters' buses normally park quite near the ground.

So, is that a definite no to more buses being run through CJT to the final? If so we need to start looking for an alternative and I am now concerned that we might miss the opportunity to get on the first (and possibly only) special train. No official word from CJT yet.

I never said that about walking from the bus. ETA> I presume that you weren't on a semi-final bus where it was a good 10 minute or so walk to Easter Road from where they parked?

I certainly never said that there will definitely be no more buses. All I've done is laid out the facts as they currently stand.

Advice is that the best value and easiest way at the moment is the train. Which is heavily subsidised. If the walk is a major issue you could perhaps club together with another couple of fans and get a cab. Wouldn't be more than a few pounds between you.

There are still spaces on the train.

Edited by Fraz

Fraz said that "you may have to walk to Celtic park from a coach stop too". I cant see that this walk will be significantly longer than the one from Bellgrove as I thought that supporters' buses normally park quite near the ground.

So, is that a definite no to more buses being run through CJT to the final? If so we need to start looking for an alternative and I am now concerned that we might miss the opportunity to get on the first (and possibly only) special train. No official word from CJT yet.

I never said that about walking from the bus. ETA> I presume that you weren't on a semi-final bus where it was a good 10 minute or so walk to Easter Road from where they parked?

I certainly never said that there will definitely be no more buses. All I've done is laid out the facts as they currently stand.

Advice is that the best value and easiest way at the moment is the train. Which is heavily subsidised. If the walk is a major issue you could perhaps club together with another couple of fans and get a cab. Wouldn't be more than a few pounds between you.

There are still spaces on the train.

Hey Fraz, I think we are both straying away from the main issue here. It's not about the walking distance etc as all I want to know is whether more buses are going to be laid on. My preference is to go by supporters' bus and I am currently on the CJT waiting list for two places on a bus. However, if it is confirmed that no extra buses are being run then I will happily make alternative arrangements, train, car etc. What I don't want is to miss out on booking a place on the 09.00 train while I wait to hear whether or not extra buses are being run.  

All

At the moment we are seeking further input to keep costs manageable for any further buses. Additional transport comes at a premium, and we have to find ways of offsetting this, which is what we are currently trying to do. At this moment there is plenty of room on the train.

• Agree 1

My mate appears to have hold of a 49 seater bus and a driver so has contacted CJT in order to get a comms out to anyone on a waiting list to fill it. there are 5 of us in the group already so we have 38 spare seats.

Looking at £10 a head return so might be able to take a few more bods down the road!

My mate appears to have hold of a 49 seater bus and a driver so has contacted CJT in order to get a comms out to anyone on a waiting list to fill it. there are 5 of us in the group already so we have 38 spare seats.

Looking at £10 a head return so might be able to take a few more bods down the road!

Sounds great. We're on that list (2 of us) but have heard nothing further from CJT since Saturday night so count us in.

Sounds great. We're on that list (2 of us) but have heard nothing further from CJT since Saturday night so count us in.

Am on cjt

list but from Aviemore so train not the best possible pick up ?

Because of the number of buses for both clubs and the need for the police to segregate fans its unlikely that they'll be parked up close to the stadium so its likely there'll be a bit of a walk.

Those on the train can go on to Bellgrove but thats at least a twenty minute walk as well. I would suggest to the train travellers that they alight at Queen St head to Ingram St (opposite Ingram Hotel) and jump on a 43 or 64 which will take you to London Road or 61, 62 from Central station goes down Gallowgate Road. Buses take about half hour.

A final choice is to just walk from the city centre. Have a refreshment or two at the Barrowlands on route.  About 45 min walk.

CJT Travel Update

Caley Jags Together are very happy to announce that we have managed to secure 3 more buses to the League Cup Final. We would like to kindly thank Tulloch Homes for helping to assist with the funding for this.

Everyone who is currently on the bus waiting list will get a seat allocated. You should be contacted within the next 24 hours to confirm this. If you are not contacted within this time please get in touch by emailing cjtsupsbus.2014@gmail.com There will be a very limited amount of extra seats remaining once these are filled by the waiting list. Please use the email address should you wish to book these (not the phone number thanks). Note that once these buses are filled, there will be no more buses run by Caley Jags Together.

There is plenty of capacity on the supporters trains, with the first almost full and a second available. The train offers great value at £30 for an adult, £10 for a child for a return journey. Price includes onward travel from Queen Street Station to Bellgrove Station which is then a 10/15 minute walk to Celtic Park.

Train tickets can be booked through either texting the travel number on 07951 309 504 (remember to mention how many child/adult tickets are needed, names and a contact number) or preferably by emailing ictfcfinaltrain2014@gmail.com Please don't book using both methods. Also there will be on cash only sale this Sunday (2nd of March) 12 – 3pm in the Sports Bar at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium and also before and after the Dundee Utd  game on March 9th from the same place. Booked bus tickets can also be paid for at these times.

A valid match ticket will be required for each person to travel on both the trains and buses.

Many Thanks