Orion Group Sponsorship

ICTRoughi

According to Tyrone Smith of STV Orion Group have confirmed that they are not renewing the kit sponsorship deal past this season.

I think with the way that the team are playing at the moment and I am sure that the club stature has increased in the last couple of years, maybe we can get a better deal?

Thoughts?

Edited by ICTRoughi

It was quite a poor deal compared to other SPFL teams' sponsorships IIRC. I'm sure there will be big interest from potential sponsors with our increased publicity over the last calendar year. From what I've read as well, there has been positive meetings with businesses in Inverness in regards to tie ups with the Cup Final; so I'd anticipate these links to yeild further interest in potential sponsorship.

This has been well documented for quite a few months now that this deal was finished.

Like Ross says I believe the deal was quite low in comparison to other SPL sides, what we've achieved in the last 18 months will hopefully attract a big name willing to put more money.

We need to follow some simple rules for sponsorship.

Foreign sponsors are the best, especially if they have foreign names.

Food products are to be avoided at all costs - do you want to walk about with 'Seriously Strong Cheddar' on your top?

Domestic alcohol is off limits but weird foreign bevvy is excellent - Carling/Blackthorn for Rantic makes their fans look even more trampy whereas Kejan is cool for Everton.

A big company with kind of an enigmatic name is best - I loved having One Touch as a sponsor.

I've heard rumblings that Orion were upset that the board didn't go for their chosen duo of John Robertson and Barry Wilson as the new management team and also seemingly Alan Savage doesn't get along with the rest of the board.

From what I gather due to the nature of the deal, it won't be that big a loss.

I think it's a shame that we are losing sponsorship from such a high profile local business. This is a company who could have provided much needed income for many years to come.

Mr. Savage is obviously a keen football fan and should be encouraged. There is no denying his business skills and our club could do a hell of a lot worse than engage him. If there is tension in the Boardroom then it is time it was sorted out for the common good of the City and our team. Why do all these big business characters not practice what they preach in their own everyday lives, TEAMWORK.

Haste ye all back Messrs McGillivray, Sutherland and Savage.

I think it's a shame that we are losing sponsorship from such a high profile local business. This is a company who could have provided much needed income for many years to come.

Mr. Savage is obviously a keen football fan and should be encouraged. There is no denying his business skills and our club could do a hell of a lot worse than engage him. If there is tension in the Boardroom then it is time it was sorted out for the common good of the City and our team. Why do all these big business characters not practice what they preach in their own everyday lives, TEAMWORK.

Haste ye all back Messrs McGillivray, Sutherland and Savage.

All big business characters want to be the boss. They can't all be the boss.

If I was the one tasked with finding a new sponsor I'd be looking for someone who'd benefit from the additional exposure, especially if we get a crack in europe. One that springs to mind, that has had a reasonable upturn in business lately, is Highlands and Islands Airports Ltd.

Like at lot of things we should just take a sec to thank Orion for supporting club and then move on. Not convinced HIAL would have the cash. Tesco town could be lucrative but we're probably too small for them.

I done my research and made sure the bank balance was good before typing.

I wonder how much Bennett's departure from the board had to do with this, I believe him and Mr Savage are good friends? Agree with Kingsmills that there is no place for a shirt sponsor meddling in board matters if indeed that is true

Edited by gordieict