Orion Group Sponsorship

ICTRoughi

Why cross out Scottish parliament. Is that not where Scottish ministers reside? Not being one who understands the running of business perhaps you can shed light on why, if they are a loss making company, their latest accounts submitted to Company House show:- Cash in Bank - £9,968,000. Liabilities - £5,481,000. Assets - £13,854,000 and Total Worth - £76,978,000. Doesnt seem like loss making to me.

Dave Stewart MSP, for example, is part of the parliament, but he's not a minister.

The figures you show are about assets and liabilities, not about profit and loss.  The full accounts for the last five years are available at http://www.hial.co.uk/about-us/annual-report-amp-group-financial-statements/

Why cross out Scottish parliament. Is that not where Scottish ministers reside? Not being one who understands the running of business perhaps you can shed light on why, if they are a loss making company, their latest accounts submitted to Company House show:- Cash in Bank - £9,968,000. Liabilities - £5,481,000. Assets - £13,854,000 and Total Worth - £76,978,000. Doesnt seem like loss making to me.

Those accounts include Government subsidies and values of property, equipment etc (assets). It is Turnover - Cost of Sales which dictate whether a company is profit or loss making. In those accounts HIAL's turnover was £17,989,000 but cost of sales was £34,032,000 so they made a loss of £16,043,000. Going back the past few years the figures are similar. Ultimately though accounts at this level are basically a load of rubbish really and investments, cash, debts etc can be hidden in parent companies or other companies owned by the parent company etc.

Edited by ubern

The obvious choice would be the Highland Council. They love ICTFC.

Heard it's a done deal. They are changing their name to

Council of Upper Northern Territory of Scotland

and paying us to have their acronym emblazoned across our shirts.

• Agree 5

I heard County have a new sponsor next season. Southern Highland Institute of Technology and Enterprise.

I am told their manager will also be sponsored by Global Offshore Banking as well as the S.H.I.T.E.

• Agree 5

We can't have some crappy government agency on our shirts.  The only thing that would be worse would be some sort of right-on politically correct social enterprise. 

We should start canvassing arms manufacturers and tobacco companies, IMO.

• Agree 2

I like football. I love ICT but at times when benefits have been cut and dozens of families in Inverness relying on handouts from food banks there is no place for public funds being diverted, in whatever form, to a commercial football club.

• Agree 2

At the end of the day the club needs a shirt sponsor. Someone with a decent sized advertising budget willing to give a helping hand. Tulloch Homes seem to be on the up just now. One Touch support the youth so doubt if they'd come back. What other decent sized business is there in the area? One company that could be worth approaching is Moray Offshore Renewables. They have been given the goahead to build the worlds largest windfarm in the outer Moray Firth. They also have permission for Forth and Tay firths and are very likely to use the Ardersier site for their activities.

That's uncanny. Just 20 minutes ago I was reading on a snooker forum that next months snooker World Championships at the Crucible have yet to secure a sponsor. One poster mentioned that they'll likely secure a deal with an obscure on-line betting company, and another commented "as long as it's not Pukka Pies" again ! They sponsored the UK Championships in 2009 and the announcer boomed over the microphone, The NEW Pukka Pies UK snooker Champion is Ding Junhui! He won his weight in pies and donated the 276 Pukka Pies to a homeless charity!

What we need is an oil company based in Aberdeen that has an Inverness connection. They always have lots of money. Hopefully we could get a transfer budget big enough to sign someone as prolific as Messi or Ronaldo. :)

What we need is an oil company based in Aberdeen that has an Inverness connection. They always have lots of money. Hopefully we could get a transfer budget big enough to sign someone as prolific as Messi or Ronaldo. :)

Do you really believe that Messi or Ronaldo would be able to play to full potential on mud pitches like Firhill or OTB? :tongue:

Do you really believe that Messi or Ronaldo would be able to play to full potential on mud pitches like Firhill or OTB? :tongue:

After the Stranraer game at home I'd be hesitant before having a go the state of others pitches!

Good deal if you can get it !!! Bimbo USA signed a 4 year $12m sponsorship with Philadelphia Union in 2011 .... 

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2011/01/12/2303047/philadelphia-union-announce-bimbo-as-shirt-sponsors

121381_heroa.jpg

Quaker Oats now sponsor Chicago Fire too

llepQ7H.jpg

• 2 weeks later...