Orion Group Sponsorship

ICTRoughi

Will this mean a newly designed strip too?

We'll have a new home strip for next season anyway...and the current away strip will remain and just have the sponsor details changed.

Would be nice if it was a home strip that went some way to reflecting our heritage rather than being a Rangers tribute act.

• Agree 2

I seem to recall that I wasn't too keen on the Home top from the last two seasons but I must admit that, having bought it and seen it "up close", that it's actually quite smart. Hope the new home top is as good. Away top is quite smart as well. 

Hope the new sponsor is Harry Gows.

We'll have a new home strip for next season anyway...and the current away strip will remain and just have the sponsor details changed.

I've often wondered whether there could be fan input into the strip, even on a very basic level, but probably not feasible, however who is it that chooses the design? Is it simply at the chairman's discretion? This goes for all clubs.

Would be nice if it was a home strip that went some way to reflecting our heritage rather than being a Rangers tribute act.

Red and Black verticles??

• Agree 1

I've often wondered whether there could be fan input into the strip, even on a very basic level, but probably not feasible, however who is it that chooses the design? Is it simply at the chairman's discretion? This goes for all clubs.

We tried that with the Icat mascot design.....and look what happened!

This question was asked before (towards end of last year I think) and the chairman stated that if people wanted to have a thread on here to put forward design suggestions then they would be looked at....don't think that happened!

I'm not sure where all design suggestions come from, but there's normally a few which are pulled together then looked at by chairman, players, manager, directors etc and a decision made from there (in consultation with the manufacturer).

I believe the current away shirt is the best selling we've ever had and the home shirt is up there amongst the top sellers as well, so (commercially at least) the club seem to be getting it right.

Another few weeks and I'll hopefully be able allowed to start the teaser pics for the new home shirt...!!! lol

This question was asked before (towards end of last year I think) and the chairman stated that if people wanted to have a thread on here to put forward design suggestions then they would be looked at....don't think that happened!

I'm not sure where all design suggestions come from, but there's normally a few which are pulled together then looked at by chairman, players, manager, directors etc and a decision made from there (in consultation with the manufacturer).

I believe the current away shirt is the best selling we've ever had and the home shirt is up there amongst the top sellers as well, so (commercially at least) the club seem to be getting it right.

Another few weeks and I'll hopefully be able allowed to start the teaser pics for the new home shirt...!!! lol

Can't wait................

Think most of the talk was in the thread of the question I asked.  I also came up with (I think it's fair to say) ubercool design, but couldn't find the way of getting it from my computer into a post!  :sad:

As you state, the current Red and Black stripe away shirt  "is the best selling we've ever had and the home shirt is up there amongst the top sellers as well,"  Maybe we should be looking at "sellability" rather than must be x% blue, x% red x% black. I personally feel Blue, White and Red stripes is most attractive!

As you state, the current Red and Black stripe away shirt  "is the best selling we've ever had and the home shirt is up there amongst the top sellers as well,"  Maybe we should be looking at "sellability" rather than must be x% blue, x% red x% black. I personally feel Blue, White and Red stripes is most attractive!

Maybe thats why crowd figures are down. Not enough green to reflect the true feelings of the other half of Inverness.

• Agree 1

I really don't see why you bring the Old Firm into this. It's got feck all to do with our Shirt or Shirt Sponsors! As a so called Mod, I thought you could have stayed on thread.

Because when I walk along the High Street on a saturday all I see is OF tops being worn. And thats on the days when neither are playing in Inverness. Oh and mods are entitled to opinion just like anyone else. Even tongue in cheek ones.

And in case you hadn't noticed this thread's subject was Orion Group sponsorship and went way of topic as soon as shirt design came into it.

Edited by Alex MacLeod