The Red and The Blue

wynthank15

Oh  Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, 

Oh  Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, Caley, 

Bit to many words for my liking 

Great effort, but not my fav

Edited by fergieisonfire

That'll do (apart from musical break). It would make my ICT songs collection! Get it taped (cd'd, ipodded or whatever the latest fancy device for playing music is) and played on repeat on the buses and trains to a captive audience for 3hrs. Thats 1500 folk :-D

Its not to bad tbh. The actual words in the verses are class imho!! However the calee calee calee bit is horrific and the backing music is dire.

Get a better recording and change the words to the chorus and tbh might be on to a winner. And like govan jaggie says, fair feckin play for giving it a shot!

The words 

Intro [29 Seconds]

We’re proud of our colours,

of the red and the blue,

and the history that formed us

we’re proud of that too

so be true to your colours

and give all your best

For we are caley thistle, Caley Thistle

From Inverness

We’re proud of our city

And it’s history too

And the lads that we cheer for

In the Red and the Blue

so be true to your city

and give all your best

From Inverness

Caley x5

Caley x5

Instrumental break [38 seconds]

There’s an eagle stands over

Those brave highland hearts

We fear no contenders

Who visit these parts

so be true to your colours

when you pull on our crest

From Inverness

Caley x5

Caley x5

My totally honest opinion as a lover of folk music. I like the tune very much, though maybe the tempo could be upped a little. The lyrics are good as well but the chorus just spoils it. The song needs to be made a little more rousing. I think it needs a bit of a drum or bodhran beat and some base guitar added and the pipes toned down just a little. It also needs a chorus that stands out on its own with lyrics that are simple but stick in the head. Think of some of the classic folk songs. Kishorn Commando's, Northern Lights of Aberdeen, etc. Nobody knows the verses but everyone knows the chorus.

Wynthang15 dont be downheartened by some of the comments. Not everyone is a lover of our traditional music but with a little more work your song could maybe win them over. Its a very good attempt but needs a bit of a tweek.

Some of the responses to this are really, really harsh. I'm not that keen on the twee backing track and I don't like the 'Caley, Caley Caley..' bit but the other lyrics are great and really catchy I think and when sped up a bit I could easily hear us belting it out.