Would you want County relegated this season?

RossP

80 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Ross County relegated?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care...

Something that I've been musing over since the midweek win last week...

Pros +

Since Ross County have come into the top league it has boosted the away crowd for 1/2 fixtures a season. The derby matches and rivalry has also been enjoyable. 

Cons -

There may have been a swing of 'neutral' fans in the area who came to our home games, that now attend the Ross County games. Corporate package uptake and sponsorship may have also suffered due to the local competition. Away fans will also perhaps don't make the same effort to come up to Inverness, due to the expenses incurred from the County away game(s). We also don't have the same 'feeder club' opportunities that we once had, with them in the same division offering unsustainable wage packages. 

I'd be swaying towards preferring them getting relegated if I'm honest. I imagine it would be quite unlikely though, with the fixtures remaining putting St Mirren in pole position for the play off spot. The play offs are also heavily weighted toward keeping the SPFL team in the top league...

We get bigger crowds and more cash at home to Ross County than say Livi, Dumbarton, Hamilton or Falkirk So, yes I want County to stay up! It's also a message to the MSM that Highland football is alive and kicking! Not ONE but TWO Highland teams in the top league!

• Agree 3

No. The Highlands derby is a great derby. As RossP said, the rivalry is enjoyable. All matches against County have a special flavor. When the Premiership fixtures are available, the first thing I am looking for are the dates of the matches against County.

We need them, the derbies give us that extra incentive in a league campaign, as well as serving up fond memories such as last week. They may be our rivals but lets be realistic here...

Id want Adams to get sacked more than County to get relegated. 

• Agree 1

Yes. They should never have been admitted to Scottish league at same time as Inverness team. Put potential for Inverness fan base and sponsorship at a disadvantage. Relegated all the way back to Div 3 north section or whatever were supposed to call it now.

I hope they go down tbh. Then MacGregor walks away and they go into administration. Nobody deserves to lose the team they support. So I then hope they are liquidated, form a Newco County, start back in the Highland League and slog it out with the likes of Strathspey Jags and Fort Bill to avoid the bottom placed spot every year. Hello down there ;)

• Agree 3

I hope they go down tbh. Then MacGregor walks away and they go into administration. Nobody deserves to lose the team they support. So I then hope they are liquidated, form a Newco County, start back in the Highland League and slog it out with the likes of Strathspey Jags and Fort Bill to avoid the bottom placed spot every year. Hello down there ;)

Hypocrisy at its best you claim nobody deserves to lose their team but the formation of ICT created that very scenario, think you should maybe start thinking before you post

Whether you like it or not ICT need County in the same league and County need ICT it would be financially detrimental to both clubs should County be relegated

Any set of fans would want their derby each season only a half wit would think differently

Dougal

• Agree 1

ICT do not ‘need‘ County in the same league.

Think you will find they do, it's maybe passed you unnoticed that our average home attendance is dropping each year and it's only games against the likes of County and Celtic that we now see decent turn outs

In this financial climate and the state the Scottish game is in ICT need as much help as they can get because present home crowds can't sustain a top flight club forever

Dougal

Think you will find they do, it's maybe passed you unnoticed that our average home attendance is dropping each year and it's only games against the likes of County and Celtic that we now see decent turn outs

In this financial climate and the state the Scottish game is in ICT need as much help as they can get because present home crowds can't sustain a top flight club forever

Dougal

Can see where you are coming from Dougal tbh but the OP poses a theory that actually Ross County take money from us through sponsorship etc? Away crowds definately seem lower since County joined the top league? I love the derbies but there's maybe more to this than gates?

• Agree 3

Think you will find they do, it's maybe passed you unnoticed that our average home attendance is dropping each year 

It has certainly dropped since County came into the SPL, and that is no coincidence.

Naw they've got to stay up next season. Potentially we will be the only proper local derby in the top league. If Rangers get back the season after then the finances would be offset and the crowds  would increase a bit I do enjoy a derby game, especially at Dingwall.