Cup Final Ticket Allocation

dougal

Any idea how many we've sold so far?

Hearing Aberdeen have sold their initial allocation of 37k which is quite remarkable, can see the piggery being turned into a sea of red as they appear to be asking for more tickets

Don't want to be too negative but can't help but think with backing like that they will start on the front foot

Dougal

Edited by dougal

I think the difference between the Dons supporters and the Hearts supporters is that the Dons supporters will make a noise.  As there are going to twice as many of them than there were Hearts supporters in the semi-final, I suspect they will make quite a lot of noise.  Should be a cracking atmosphere and we just have to do our best in contributing to that.  It will be a great occasion and I just hope we can shift a few more tickets and give the team the support they deserve.

• Agree 2

A bit like playing at pittodrie then remind me of the score please.........

How about the 3-2 win one evening, we were out numbered probably 100:1  and still did the team proud.

Edited by 12th Man

How much have we sold then? I'll be happy with 10,000! We'll take down 20,000 easy to the Scottish Cup Final! I now hope Aberdeen manage to sell 40,000+ with the empty seats draped in the colours of both clubs Celtic Park will look almost full! Bring it on!

I am really pleased that the Dons are selling so many tickets. Every ticket they sell benefits our coffers just as much as theirs.

I suspect there will be about forty thousand of their fans to our seven or eight thousand but so what. Parkhead will be pretty full, there will be a great atmosphere and both clubs will get a great financial boost. In our case, about a tenth or more of our annual turnover.

Who knows, we might even bring home the first piece of major national silverware to go to the Highlands.

• Agree 1

Hearing Aberdeen have sold their initial allocation of 37k which is quite remarkable, can see the piggery being turned into a sea of red as they appear to be asking for more tickets

Don't want to be too negative but can't help but think with backing like that they will start on the front foot

Dougal

oh-you.gif

• Agree 1

No big fan of the OP but I too think it's a perfectly valid tread. I believe that 6,000 or so is indeed roughly the number of tickets we have sold so on course for 7,000 to 8,000 which might be a tad disappointing.

I have to say that I expected Aberdeen to take circa 30,000 but, in fact, they have sold more than that already and their general sale doesn't even start until Monday subject to them receiving a further allocation. I drove past Pittodrie this afternoon and they were still queueing well out the door. They are on course to have more of their fans at this match than any other match outside of Aberdeen in their entire history and that includes their many cup finals during the hugely successful Fergie era of the late 70s an early 80s. Quite amazing.

Dougal

We have beaten Rangers and Celtic away in the passt with a much bigger inbalance of fans than there will be at this final so its not as we havent been here before. And Im quite happy to take the same share of the gate as Aberdeen.

Im happy however many we take as i will be there supporting the team I love. But i have to say i am disappointed that we are struggling to even sell the initial allocation that we were given. I understand that the Scottish cup would pull more people in as it is the bigger tournament and played in a warmer month at a traditional time on a Saturday. But this is the biggest game in the clubs history and win, lose or draw and also make to the may show-piece this is bigger as it is the first. Aberdeen are a bigger club but the amount of tickets they have sold show how much this means to them as it has been so long since they have been to a final. We have a core of 3,000 and it only takes each one of them to take an extra person to already be at 7,000. This maybe the league cup but for us it may be the last cup final for while (hopefully not) but i wish people would show some passion for a club that is trying to engage with the community. Hopefully we gub United by 5 or 6 on Sunday and it suddenly starts a quick surge in last minute sales. 

Best bit of business was getting us all together in one section. Our players have seen a big stadium full of opposition fans before. Have they ever seen 8000 (fingers crossed!) ict fans behind them en masse? Hoping that gives them a lift.

• Agree 2

If people want to risk being sat at home come 4:15pm on 16th March kicking themselves because they missed out on being a part of history...for both ICTFC and Inverness...then that's their lookout.

What's more important, IMO (and I'm sure it will be the case) is that everyone who is there gives the team the noisiest, most positive backing they can from the moment the team step onto the pitch until the moment they step off it again.

• Agree 2

Well I'm not there through no fault of mine. SPFL failed to check my calendar before choosing the date. Anyway I've a plan to make our end of the ground look even more full. Fill up the front row. Second row fill every second seat. Third row do the same but staggered so each person is sitting behind an empty seat. Do this all the way back and it'll give the impression that there are more people than there actually is. With the noise I know we can make it'll sound like theres more people as well.

Seems like Aberdeen are going to bring their biggest ever support to this final. A support over three times that of an average home match. I wonder where they are all coming from. To be fair to us we look like assembling over twice our average home gates for this one and it will certainly be the biggest ever away support in ICT's history. In light of all the reasons for people not to attend matches in the current climate I think we have to be commended for mustering such a large van for such an important battle. In this the 700th anniversary of Bannockburn it should be remembered that 6000 Scots troops won the day against Edwards 18000.

• Agree 4

Seems like Aberdeen are going to bring their biggest ever support to this final. A support over three times that of an average home match. I wonder where they are all coming from. To be fair to us we look like assembling over twice our average home gates for this one and it will certainly be the biggest ever away support in ICT's history. In light of all the reasons for people not to attend matches in the current climate I think we have to be commended for mustering such a large van for such an important battle. In this the 700th anniversary of Bannockburn it should be remembered that 6000 Scots troops won the day against Edwards 18000.

Aye but the Bruce was only outnumbered by three to one...