Cup Final Ticket Allocation

dougal

They were. There has never been any history of trouble between ICT and Aberdeen fans so there is no need for segregation to be all that strict. The main priority must be to make sure that everyone who wants to see this match can do so whether in the colours of Aberdeen or ourselves.

I heard today that around about 8,500 have been sold so far.  By my reckoning then, this'll be or is very close to being the largest ICT attendance at any game ever.

What were the attendance figures for our Scottish cup games, it would be great to smash that record and I think we will.

Think there was about 6000 or so against Dundee a few years back (Hampden) wonder how many we took to Tannadice Vs The Gers at our quarter final (home ) match? I Like most others was seeing double so there could have been 10,000 for all I can remember of that day!

I heard today that around about 8,500 have been sold so far.  By my reckoning then, this'll be or is very close to being the largest ICT attendance at any game ever.

8,500 is a good deal more than the figure that was quoted to be a couple of days ago by a usually reliable source. Are you sure ? If so, that is more encouraging than I thought.

They were. There has never been any history of trouble between ICT and Aberdeen fans so there is no need for segregation to be all that strict. The main priority must be to make sure that everyone who wants to see this match can do so whether in the colours of Aberdeen or ourselves.

I wholeheartedly agree that every fan of ICT and Aberdeen should be at this game and I agree there hasn't been any trouble between our fans. Pre match, most of the ICT fans go into Caledonian golf club where the majority of Dons fans are in and we are treated very good but where this game is concerned I just don't agree that neither sets of fans should be housed above the other. 

What were the attendance figures for our Scottish cup games, it would be great to smash that record and I think we will.

It was about 7,000ish each time we had a semi-final at Hampden in the Scottish Cup IIRC.  

8,500 is a good deal more than the figure that was quoted to be a couple of days ago by a usually reliable source. Are you sure ? If so, that is more encouraging than I thought.

Don't know how true it is mind, but that's what I heard and it was from someone who I can only presume is reasonably in the know.

I wholeheartedly agree that every fan of ICT and Aberdeen should be at this game and I agree there hasn't been any trouble between our fans. Pre match, most of the ICT fans go into Caledonian golf club where the majority of Dons fans are in and we are treated very good but where this game is concerned I just don't agree that neither sets of fans should be housed above the other.

Why? Like you say there has never been any trouble between the fans. The stewards would have no problem seeing people throwing things down.Plenty of teams in England put away fans in the top tier, home fans in the bottom, in fact it used to happen at Ibrox.

Would look great for sponsor's,TV etc if we have one of our National cup final with an upper deck of empty seats, not to think of the potential lost revenue to both clubs.Is the upper tier not an extra 5000 odd seats x £25 it's a lot of lost money for both clubs.

• Agree 1

If we have sold 8500 tickets then for a club like ours that is not half bad. I would like to think that we could get to the 10000 mark and a good result against Dundee Utd may persuade a few part time fans or neutrals to come along

Totally agree that Aberdeen should be allowed some of the top tier if we are not going to sell it which it pretty likely to happen. I went to Wembley last September for the England v Scotland clash and i was sat underneath all the Scotland fans and there wasn't anything thrown from the upper tiers. That is much higher risk fixture that us v Aberdeen. You do get some idiots in every support but if they need more and it is going empty then why not.

Its been 14 years since the Dons reached a cup final and 19 years since they won a cup.

They are turning up to watch their team lift a cup.

I dont want to be below them when we p1ss on their parade.

I wish you well, I hope you survive
I hope you live, oh baby, so I can watch you cry

I'm gonna rain on your parade, no, I won't take it again
And I'll keep raining, raining, raining over you
I'm gonna rain on your parade, no, I won't take it again
And I'll keep raining, raining, raining over you

Give them any side bits but I dont want them above us, its not a league game its a cup final, anything can happen.

I still think we can fill our end, its only £45-£50 in fuel to take a car down to Glasgow and back.

Why? Like you say there has never been any trouble between the fans. The stewards would have no problem seeing people throwing things down.Plenty of teams in England put away fans in the top tier, home fans in the bottom, in fact it used to happen at Ibrox.

Would look great for sponsor's,TV etc if we have one of our National cup final with an upper deck of empty seats, not to think of the potential lost revenue to both clubs.Is the upper tier not an extra 5000 odd seats x £25 it's a lot of lost money for both clubs.

As I said in my first post, it's a possibility that it may happen and of course it's not guaranteed. I appreciate that it would look good on the television and we would get revenue for filling the ground. I want Celtic Park sold out as much as the next guy but it's more the fact of their previous at Tynecastle that gives you a niggling doubt - it only takes one person.

As I said in my first post, it's a possibility that it may happen and of course it's not guaranteed. I appreciate that it would look good on the television and we would get revenue for filling the ground. I want Celtic Park sold out as much as the next guy but it's more the fact of their previous at Tynecastle that gives you a niggling doubt - it only takes one person.

Should be safe enough just as long as Neil Lennon isn't sitting among our support.

Should be safe enough just as long as Neil Lennon isn't sitting among our support.

I would imagine that it would be safe for us to have them above us, but regardless of what team it is anything could happen. 

I will watch with interest with their ticket sales and what the police say as I said anything past 40K isn't allowed due to Police restrictions. 

Sitting below opposing fans not something I would endorse. Being recipients of "gifts" from above not nice. Wouldn't take many idiots to ruin a lot of our peoples day. And looks like what aberdeen have left is the people with no buying history....mmm iffy.

• Agree 1

Sitting beneath say Kilmarnock or Partick fans would probably be fine.  Unfortunately Aberdeen have a fair few mutants in their support who'll take great delight in ruining it for everyone.

• Agree 2

Considering the LL stand holds 13000 and the whole stadium holds 60,355 that leaves over 47,000 seats for other fans without using top tier of LL. My understanding is that the LL stand is the straight bit and doesnt include the corners. I could well be wrong though.

Definitely seems to be a breakdown in communication between the club/caleyjagsforever regarding ticket sales and the fans

Aberdeen seem to have managed to keep their fans informed how ticket sales have gone whereas we get silence

I've got my ticket early doors but it would have been nice to know how ticket sales have been going

Dougal

Once more I find myself in agreement with Dougal. If tickets sales are better than being speculated that needs to be broadcast as success breeds success and people like nothing better than jumping on a bandwagon.

On the other hand, if sales have been disappointing there's no point in trying to hide that fact as it will become pretty apparent a week Sunday.

Sitting below opposing fans not something I would endorse. Being recipients of "gifts" from above not nice. Wouldn't take many idiots to ruin a lot of our peoples day. And looks like what aberdeen have left is the people with no buying history....mmm iffy.

Exactly: One cup of p!ss lobbed by one numpty would be enough to spoil a great day out for a lot of people. No need for authorities to risk it IMO. With regard to sales, you have to think that they have not been as good as expected - if we'd sold 20k, we'd have heard about it. That, said, the experience of some late purchasers would suggest we might be getting near selling out our allocation - hope so!

Definitely seems to be a breakdown in communication between the club/caleyjagsforever regarding ticket sales and the fans

Aberdeen seem to have managed to keep their fans informed how ticket sales have gone whereas we get silence

I've got my ticket early doors but it would have been nice to know how ticket sales have been going

Dougal

Caleyjagstogether don't have an input/knowledge of match ticket sales Dougal. Last time I looked we were all fans!

Dougal

Caleyjagstogether don't have an input/knowledge of match ticket sales Dougal. Last time I looked we were all fans!

No he's talking about Caley Jags Forever, they're all infomed about sales on an hourly basis.

• Agree 1