Cup Final Ticket Allocation

dougal

Got to add, that although I don't think they should be in our end as the game is segregated, it would be great if like rugby fans could safely mingle with out trouble, but that would be unlikely!

• Agree 1

Without wishing to offend, the 7000(ish) ticket sales reported on radio yesterday is disappointing. Ticket sales for Cup Finals displays a Club's potential, and 7000 from a city the size of Inverness whose Club has consolidated its place in the top flight and competing in its first national Cup Final is rather pitiful imho - even taking into account the location and kick-off time. What kind of message to the Board, current/potential sponsors ????

I reckon Elgin City would take more.

• Agree 1

For all those on here fawning over the 40,000 tickets Aberdeen have sold, I ask you one question. Where were the other 28500 at todays home quarter final of the bigger Scottish Cup. If we took just 3000 fans I wouldn't care as those fans would be there to support the team and not attending for the sake of seeing a team with a passing interest in winning a trophy for the first time this century. When I take my place in Parkhead I will be watching the 11 players who represent my club and therefore me and don't care if I was the only one with my ICT colours on. I can't believe a true Caley Jags fan would start this thread let alone some of the truly negative and unrealistic expectations. We are what we are and I for one am very proud of this.

#togetherNESS

Edited by Big G
  • Agree 9

For all those on here fawning over the 40,000 tickets Aberdeen have sold, I ask you one question. Where were the other 28500 at todays home quarter final of the bigger Scottish Cup. If we took just 3000 fans I wouldn't care as those fans would be there to support the team and not attending for the sake of seeing a team with a passing interest in winning a trophy for the first time this century. When I take my place in Parkhead I will be watching the 11 players who represent my club and therefore me and don't care if I was the only one with my ICT colours on. I can't believe a true Caley Jags fan would start this thread let alone some of the truly negative and unrealistic expectations. We are what we are and I for one am very proud of this.

#togetherNESS

Why would it be an unrealistic expectation for there to be in excess of 10,000 at Parkhead for our first major final ? St Mirren and Kilmarnock each with similar home crowds to ours each took circa 16,000 to their recent League Cup finals. Motherwell which has a smaller population than Inverness took over 20,000 to Hampden for their last major final and our neighbours from Dingwall took 16,000 to theirs.

Nobody is being negative or critical of those who are going who will support their club with pride and passion no matter how many or how few we are but there's no getting away from the fact that for whatever reason we have failed to engage with the casual supporter or non supporter in the way that most provincial clubs do on these occasions.

Aberdeen will be backed by roughly four times their core home support whilst we will have just over twice ours.

What I will say is that there is one final opportunity ahead to capture the imagination of those who have not yet bought tickets. Tomorrow's match is live on terrestrial TV. A victory and an entertaining performance backed up by a healthy noisy crowd might spark the enthusiasm of the waverers an a last minute mini surge of sales.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

#togetherNESS

Why would it be an unrealistic expectation for there to be in excess of 10,000 at Parkhead for our first major final ? St Mirren and Kilmarnock each with similar home crowds to ours each took circa 16,000 to their recent League Cup finals. Motherwell which has a smaller population than Inverness took over 20,000 to Hampden for their last major final and our neighbours from Dingwall took 16,000 to theirs.

Nobody is being negative or critical of those who are going who will support their club with pride and passion no matter how many or how few we are but there's no getting away from the fact that for whatever reason we have failed to engage with the casual supporter or non supporter in the way that most provincial clubs do on these occasions.

Aberdeen will be backed by roughly four times their core home support whilst we will have just over twice ours.

What I will say is that there is one final opportunity ahead to capture the imagination of those who have not yet bought tickets. Tomorrow's match is live on terrestrial TV. A victory and an entertaining performance backed up by a healthy noisy crowd might spark the enthusiasm of the waverers an a last minute mini surge of sales.

Paisley to Hampden 16 miles, 30 mins travel, Kilmarnock to Hampden 50 odd miles ! hours travel not exactly the 4 hour journey any "casual" ICT fan would have to make. As for our friends across the bridge this was at a time when playing in games against big teams was rare. I wonder how many they would take now?

Your point about how many times more than the core of the Aberdeen support than ours backs up my point. Where were the other 28500 today.

• Agree 1

#togetherNESS

Paisley to Hampden 16 miles, 30 mins travel, Kilmarnock to Hampden 50 odd miles ! hours travel not exactly the 4 hour journey any "casual" ICT fan would have to make. As for our friends across the bridge this was at a time when playing in games against big teams was rare. I wonder how many they would take now?

Your point about how many times more than the core of the Aberdeen support than ours backs up my point. Where were the other 28500 today.

Dingwall to Hampden how far ? and what does it matter that there will be 30,000 Dons fans at Parkhead who weren't at the Hill of Dung today. My whole point is they, like almost every other provincial club in the country, have been more successful proportionately in engaging those who don't normally attend than we appear to have been.

Edited by Kingsmills

I still think our 7500+ could out-sing the Furryboots glory hunters esp when we go 2-0 up in the first half. They just think they only have to turn up to win it.

Slippery Roy got the Co#nty numbers up by giving his 3000 employees and their families free tickets and buses for the 2010 SC final. We don't have such a benefactor.

Changing tack slightly, when will our cup victory parade take place?

#togetherNESS

Dingwall to Hampden how far ? and what does it matter that there will be 30,000 Dons fans at Parkhead who weren't at the Hill of Dung today. My whole point is they, like almost every other provincial club in the country, have been more successful proportionately in engaging those who don't normally attend than we appear to have been.

And my point is that I don't care about attracting them. We fans that will be there are all that matter.

Edited by Big G

Sitting beneath say Kilmarnock or Partick fans would probably be fine. Unfortunately Aberdeen have a fair few mutants in their support who'll take great delight in ruining it for everyone.

Ticket sales may be deemed disappointing, but for me the key thing is that all or as many of the 3500 regular die hards that turn up every week get to go and savour this, anything more is a bonus, afterall even if we win how many of these extra fans will start going regularly? For some I'm sure its just the qudos of saying they were there that has made them buy tickets and that's the same for both sets of fans.

• Agree 1

How much noise do 30-40k Aberdeen fans make when they are losing?

BTW has anyone who ordered their ticket online recieved their ticket.... I am out in sunnier climes at the mo, so hoping ticket is on my doormat

I ordered mine on 28thfeb and it arrived on 4th march. So wouldn't expect any problems.

How much noise do 30-40k Aberdeen fans make when they are losing?

BTW has anyone who ordered their ticket online recieved their ticket.... I am out in sunnier climes at the mo, so hoping ticket is on my doormat

I ordered mine on 28thfeb and it arrived on 4th march. So wouldn't expect any problems. Edited by jagster

While it would be great if we got 10000 plus fans going, it is what it is and the carping from some posters on this thread could potentially turn some non regular fans off. It seems to be that some fans would rather denigrate those who may want to come along for the final rather than welcome them.

While there may be lots of reasons for fans not turning out to support ICT but some of the negative comments on ICT on this forum just do not help.

• Agree 3

Raman Bhardwaj ‏@STVRaman  9m

Re Aberdeen not getting any more cup final tickets, the league says this was a decision taken by Police Scotland and safety officer.

SPFL statement: ''We've spoken to the police & safety officer about releasing seats in Lisbon Lions Upper however that's been declined."