Cup Final Ticket Allocation

dougal

In need of assistance!

The powers that be at Eticket online will not let me order more than 4 tickets which is a pity as me and 7 mates were well up for going...

Basically you can't book more than 4 tickets without having another member (who has bought tickets before) assign themselves to the batch, and as it stands I can't do this as I've been the only person to buy tickets in the past (issue is I stay in Edinburgh with all my Inverness based fans having used their allocation).

Just wanting to know if there is anyway around this or if anyone could provide me with some advice on the matter, as this is a must attend especially after the semi-final!!!

Many Thanks.

Nice try Red Chappie but you blew it by making reference to all your Inverness based fans having used their allocation. There were no such restrictions.

For what it's worth, I sympathise and personally believe your fans should have been given more tickets.

• Agree 3

If I was an Aberdeen fan and all our allocated tickets were up of course id be trying to get into the other end. Watching the game in another end is still better than not watching it at all. I don't blame Aberdeen fans for doing this at all.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY
  • Agree 1

If I was an Aberdeen fan and all our allocated tickets were up of course id be trying to get into the other end. Watching the game in another end is still better than not watching it at all. I don't blame Aberdeen fans for doing this at all.

The problem is that it smacks of Tim & Hunnery.

Will this be the lowest amount of fans a club has ever taken to a major final in this country? How many did the likes of Gretna and Livi take to their cup finals?

. Who cares?

me, that's why I asked the question.

Will be quite disturbing if a City the size of Inverness can't produce more fans than Gretna

• Agree 1

Will this be the lowest amount of fans a club has ever taken to a major final in this country? How many did the likes of Gretna and Livi take to their cup finals?

. Who cares?

me, that's why I asked the question.

Will be quite disturbing if a City the size of Inverness can't produce more fans than Gretna

Comparing to other teams is pointless and won't tell you anything. My flatmate whose a QOS fan went to the Scottish Cup final to see Gretna. Their quick rise caught the imagination of football fans who didn't necessarily support them.

. Who cares? me, that's why I asked the question.

Comparing to other teams is pointless and won't tell you anything. My flatmate whose a QOS fan went to the Scottish Cup final to see

Gretna. Their quick rise caught the imagination of football fans who didn't necessarily support them.

I wasn't comparing ICT to other teams, just wondering if Gretna and Livi took more?

It's a bit of an unenviable record to have the lowest support ever at a national final hence my curiosity, had the discussion with a couple of people and was just hoping for a genuine response. It's been said Gretna took 12,000???? Not sure about Livi.

Strange for the size of the city and the fact it is the clubs first major cup final that there has not been a lot more one game wonders, County had a fantastic turn out for their final.so why the apathy and low key press coverage in Inverness?

Edited by reefinweedallday

Will be quite disturbing if a City the size of Inverness can't produce more fans than Gretna Comparing to other teams is pointless and won't tell you anything. My flatmate whose a QOS fan went to the Scottish Cup final to see

Gretna. Their quick rise caught the imagination of football fans who didn't necessarily support them.

I wasn't comparing ICT to other teams, just wondering if Gretna and Livi took more?  :blink: 

It's a bit of an unenviable record to have the lowest support ever at a national final hence my curiosity, had the discussion with a couple of people and was just hoping for a genuine response. It's been said Gretna took 12,000???? Not sure about Livi.

Strange for the size of the city and the fact it is the clubs first major cup final that there has not been a lot more one game wonders, County had a fantastic turn out for their final.so why the apathy and low key press coverage in Inverness?

The stadium having only 3 sides has caused this, imo people are frightened of a big 4 sided stadium. Plus lots of ICT fans went down for County I don't know any County fans that are doing the reverse as they are so bitter and twisted. Oh don't forget the merger of course we'd probably be taking around 25k if it was old Caley or 20k if it was Thistle.

• Agree 3

Will be quite disturbing if a City the size of Inverness can't produce more fans than Gretna Comparing to other teams is pointless and won't tell you anything. My flatmate whose a QOS fan went to the Scottish Cup final to see

I wasn't comparing ICT to other teams, just wondering if Gretna and Livi took more?

Not bad for a town with a population of 2500 or so.

But by asking if this is the lowest support ever taken to a final you are, by definition, comparing us to other teams. In fact you are comparing us to every team that has been to a cup final.

The reasons for the size of our support compared to our catchment area have been debated ad infinitum and quite possibly ad nauseaum. Do we really need to go there again on the eve of our first major final?

• Agree 2

12,000 for Gretna seems to be the common figure in different sources around the web but Livingston's attendance is harder to pin down. I've seen 2 'sources' stating the figure was 8,000.

However, for those worrying about any perceived stigma about us taking the smallest travelling support to any major Scottish final - rest easy! Many of the early Scottish Cup finals were played out to paltry crowds before the boom years of huge attendances. Our 7,000 fans outnumber the total crowd for some of the Cup Finals of the 19th Century!

The straight answer to the question is yes. If we have circa 7,000 fans on Sunday that will be the lowest number backing a side in a major final for many a long year.

Is that disappointing ? The honest answer has to be yes. Personally, I thought we would take at least 10,000.

Will the relatively small numbers make any difference to the pride, passion and enthusiasm with which those who are there back the team ? Not a bl@@dy bit it won't....

It's a diddy cup final* on a Sunday. If it were the Scottish Cup final (i.e. the last competitive game of the season) on a Saturday, then we'd likely have way over 10k in my opinion and there'd be a lot more neutrals attending, most likely in our end of the ground. 

*I reserve the right to re-evaluate the 'diddy cup' assessment at 4.30pm on Sunday...

• Agree 5

I think Reefinweedallday asks an important point and I think we should care about the implications we can draw from the answer.  I think the first point to make is that our situation is different to Livi, Gretna and County in that their appearances at their finals came out of nothing or as a result of success bought out of irresponsible short term investment.  There was a novelty value associated with it so that just about anyone with any allegiance to the team wanted to be part of it and loads of neutrals were attracted to the romance of it.  Our situation is quite different,  We have developed slowly but steadily since the club was formed and have become established in the higher echelons of the Scottish game.  Securing a place in a final from time to time is sort of what is expected of a club of our status.  The fact that this year we have actually got to a final is exciting for the fans who watch regularly or just once or twice a season but is not causing shock waves and a "must be involved" sense of novelty among others. 

No doubt we would have sold a few more had this been the Scottish Cup, but the general message is that the number of tickets sold represents what we might see as the broad support for the club from which regular attendance could be drawn.  Should we care about the fact that the number is as low as it is?  Well, yes, I think we should.

As a very rough estimate I would say we have a core support of around 1,000 who go to most home matches.  There are then perhaps another 7-8000 who attend maybe once or twice a year upward.  These folk probably add another 1,500 - 2,000 to the average non OF/County gate.  If we are to improve gates significantly to increase revenue then it is from this broad non-core support that we can expect increased attendance at games.  These folk have their reasons for not coming more often and nobody should criticise them for not coming more often; for some, even coming just once or twice represents a level of sacrifice and we should be grateful they are able to come at all.  But if those who get to half the games could get to three quarters or if those who get 1 or 2 could get to 4 or 5 over a season then we could potentially get the regular attendance up another 1,000 or so - but that is easier said than done.  If the broader support base was bigger then we would only need a very small shift in their attendance patterns to add a 1,000 or so onto regular gates.

The message for me is that the number of tickets sold reinforces what we all already know.  We have a small fan base and there is not an easily tapped latent support waiting in the wings.  Even with continued development and success on the park we are never going to get regular crowds of 5,000 +.  No doubt continued success and participation in the occasional final or two will attract a few more in but the reality is that the club has a low support base and the Board needs to accept that and not plan with inflated expectation of support being generated by success.  I think it is doing that very well and the fact that we are in a final tomorrow and nobody is particularly surprised that we are is testament to that. 

We may be small in number, but the fact that we have reached a final and have got there through hard work and merit rather than bought success or a one off fluke, should make us all very proud of our club.  I am sure we will enjoy the experience on Sunday all the more for knowing we have earned it.  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:

• Agree 5

Why do we actually care? If it was only me that was there then I would still be happy. Stop debating and moaning and focus on the bigger picture. We have a final on Sunday. Aberdeen fans can say the same and fans of 40 other clubs can just wish they were there!

• Agree 1

But by asking if this is the lowest support ever taken to a final you are, by definition, comparing us to other teams. In fact you are comparing us to every team that has been to a cup final.

The reasons for the size of our support compared to our catchment area have been debated ad infinitum and quite possibly ad nauseaum. Do we really need to go there again on the eve of our first major final?

Well it would be rather hard to get a comparison if I didn't compare ICT to a football club wouldn't it? and as we are talking about cup finals,clubs and football supports I think the reference is apt. or are ICT defined as a different case??

it takes 2 CLUBS to play a final,it also takes fans to make up a support.

Ad nauseaum could also be defined as people who enter a debate they clearly have no interest in......

I wasn't comparing ICT to other teams, just wondering if Gretna and Livi took more?  :blink: 

The stadium having only 3 sides has caused this, imo people are frightened of a big 4 sided stadium. Plus lots of ICT fans went down for County I don't know any County fans that are doing the reverse as they are so bitter and twisted. Oh don't forget the merger of course we'd probably be taking around 25k if it was old Caley or 20k if it was Thistle.

Another constructive answer from Fraser the fool,this is a messageboard for debating such issues Fraser,if you  don't wish to debate the subject don't. Other's do and find it concerning that a team the size of Gretna and the likes with their catchment areas can take more to a cup final.

Maybe you don't care or have no interest, that the club is losing out on extra revenue, that could go to signing an extra player or paying that little bit more to get a player of a higher standard?

You appear to be turning in to the board's keyboard warrior, with some of your posts.....not sure why :lol:

We've sold 47-48,000 tickets for the final?  I think the Aberdeen fans are turning up in numbers because it's against us personally.....  Not too bad considering.

Heres a list of previous finals...

St Mirren v Hearts 2013 - 44,036

Livingston v Hibs 2004 - 45,500

Aberdeen v Dundee 1996 - 33,096

Aberdeen v Hibs 1986 - 46,061

Only two finals in the past 50 years not including the OF have had more sales than for our final.

We've sold 47-48,000 tickets for the final?  I think the Aberdeen fans are turning up in numbers because it's against us personally.....  Not too bad considering.

Heres a list of previous finals...

St Mirren v Hearts 2013 - 44,036

Livingston v Hibs 2004 - 45,500

Aberdeen v Dundee 1996 - 33,096

Aberdeen v Hibs 1986 - 46,061

Only two finals in the past 50 years not including the OF have had more sales than for our final.

I don't think we've even sold 7000 for the final .