Cup Final Ticket Allocation

dougal

Well it would be rather hard to get a comparison if I didn't compare ICT to a football club wouldn't it? and as we are talking about cup finals,clubs and football supports I think the reference is apt. or are ICT defined as a different case??

it takes 2 CLUBS to play a final,it also takes fans to make up a support.

Ad nauseaum could also be defined as people who enter a debate they clearly have no interest in......

Ah, so you were comparing? Glad we cleared that up.

On this website, ICT are definitely a different case. Most people on here are ICT fans. I would expect that to be the case on many other sites. Can't really argue with your other observations.Yes, a final needs two clubs, and it makes fans to make up a support. Are you saying that there should be a minimum size of support for clubs reaching a final?

And how are the mind reading lessons going? How do you know I have no interest in the debate. However, lest the powers are failing you let me explain.

Yes, our support is small considering it is our first major final, but at this point in time it is what it is. On the eve of such a big game is is surely better to be positive rather than negative? (Note to Yogi - that doesn't mean 4-4-2 and giving it a right good go!).

The reasons for our small support have been discussed both on here, and further afield, at length. I have no doubt they will be again. However, I struggle to see the value of debating them now, when we should be concentrating on such a big occasion for the club.

• Agree 2

We've sold 47-48,000 tickets for the final?  I think the Aberdeen fans are turning up in numbers because it's against us personally.....  Not too bad considering.

Heres a list of previous finals...

St Mirren v Hearts 2013 - 44,036

Livingston v Hibs 2004 - 45,500

Aberdeen v Dundee 1996 - 33,096

Aberdeen v Hibs 1986 - 46,061

Only two finals in the past 50 years not including the OF have had more sales than for our final.

I don't think we've even sold 7000 for the final .

Certainly no comment from the club or anywhere valid as to how many have actually been sold.

I have only seen it reported by the British Beast Corporation, but take their reporting on Scottish football with a pinch of salt

We've sold 47-48,000 tickets for the final?  I think the Aberdeen fans are turning up in numbers because it's against us personally.....  Not too bad considering.

Only two finals in the past 50 years not including the OF have had more sales than for our final.

Well if we havent then thats poor.

The lack of comment from the club would suggest that we've not sold our allocation and have nothing to crow about. As hawkeyethegnu says, this has been debated at length in other threads - the reasons for our small support are multiple and complex; they are unlikely to change dramatically in the near future (but a cup victory would certainly do no harm!), so let's get over it.

This is no time to be focusing on a negative - DESPITE our small support and budget we are in a major final and have a fair chance of actually lifting the trophy. I'm just delighted that I'm one of a happy band of followers who will be lucky enough to be there tto witness it!

• Agree 1

Will this be the lowest amount of fans a club has ever taken to a major final in this country? How many did the likes of Gretna and Livi take to their cup finals?

. Who cares? me, that's why I asked the question.

Will be quite disturbing if a City the size of Inverness can't produce more fans than Gretna Comparing to other teams is pointless and won't tell you anything. My flatmate whose a QOS fan went to the Scottish Cup final to see

Gretna. Their quick rise caught the imagination of football fans who didn't necessarily support them.

I wasn't comparing ICT to other teams, just wondering if Gretna and Livi took more?  :blink: 

It's a bit of an unenviable record to have the lowest support ever at a national final hence my curiosity, had the discussion with a couple of people and was just hoping for a genuine response. It's been said Gretna took 12,000???? Not sure about Livi.

Strange for the size of the city and the fact it is the clubs first major cup final that there has not been a lot more one game wonders, County had a fantastic turn out for their final.so why the apathy and low key press coverage in Inverness?

The stadium having only 3 sides has caused this, imo people are frightened of a big 4 sided stadium. Plus lots of ICT fans went down for County I don't know any County fans that are doing the reverse as they are so bitter and twisted. Oh don't forget the merger of course we'd probably be taking around 25k if it was old Caley or 20k if it was Thistle.

Another constructive answer from Fraser the fool,this is a messageboard for debating such issues Fraser,if you  don't wish to debate the subject don't. Other's do and find it concerning that a team the size of Gretna and the likes with their catchment areas can take more to a cup final.

Maybe you don't care or have no interest, that the club is losing out on extra revenue, that could go to signing an extra player or paying that little bit more to get a player of a higher standard?

You appear to be turning in to the board's keyboard warrior, with some of your posts.....not sure why :lol:

Very sorry for my rather flippant reply, it seems to have really upset you or perhaps all the weed you're reefin' is making you paranoid. Anyway, over four hundred posts from you and you still can't figure out how to quote and reply to people properly (nor understand what comparing means), and I'm the fool? :rotflmao:

I just don't understand that in a few days we are playing arguably our biggest game and could win out first piece of major silverware and you're busy comparing and worrying about crowd sizes. I don't disagree that they are lower than they should be and of course I want as many people to go to this game (with which I've given up many hours of my time to try and help with) and our other home games as possible.

My reply was as constructive as your initial post on the issue and subsequently how you find our crowd size 'disturbing'. Please explain how that was constructive? What would have been constructive and generate a proper debate would be to look at the reasons for why you believe our crowds (at this game and in general) are lower than we'd like then look at some realistic ways that the issue could be addressed.

It's easy to say 'Oh look our crowds are pish' anyone can do that and people do, again and again and again. What's not easy is to suggest and/or actually do something to try and improve it. If you truly cared as you claim that's the bit that you would be posting about and focussing on. I don't have all the answers (nor perhaps any of the answers) but I give up my time and try my best to work with both CJT and the club where possible and hope that in some small way that it helps. There are others who do far more than I (you know who you are)! Everyone is different but that's how I show that I 'care'.

As for a keyboard warrior thing, don't really know what that is tbh. So perhaps I am.

Edit- speeling.

Edited by Fraz

How do you know this? Wish the club would just say how many have been sold

How do you know this? Wish the club would just say how many have been sold

I don't know it mate , as someone posted previously if we had sold the entire allocation the club would surely have said .

Will this be the lowest amount of fans a club has ever taken to a major final in this country? How many did the likes of Gretna and Livi take to their cup finals?

. Who cares? me, that's why I asked the question.

Will be quite disturbing if a City the size of Inverness can't produce more fans than Gretna Comparing to other teams is pointless and won't tell you anything. My flatmate whose a QOS fan went to the Scottish Cup final to see

Gretna. Their quick rise caught the imagination of football fans who didn't necessarily support them.

I wasn't comparing ICT to other teams, just wondering if Gretna and Livi took more?  :blink: 

It's a bit of an unenviable record to have the lowest support ever at a national final hence my curiosity, had the discussion with a couple of people and was just hoping for a genuine response. It's been said Gretna took 12,000???? Not sure about Livi.

Strange for the size of the city and the fact it is the clubs first major cup final that there has not been a lot more one game wonders, County had a fantastic turn out for their final.so why the apathy and low key press coverage in Inverness?

The stadium having only 3 sides has caused this, imo people are frightened of a big 4 sided stadium. Plus lots of ICT fans went down for County I don't know any County fans that are doing the reverse as they are so bitter and twisted. Oh don't forget the merger of course we'd probably be taking around 25k if it was old Caley or 20k if it was Thistle.

Another constructive answer from Fraser the fool,this is a messageboard for debating such issues Fraser,if you  don't wish to debate the subject don't. Other's do and find it concerning that a team the size of Gretna and the likes with their catchment areas can take more to a cup final.

Maybe you don't care or have no interest, that the club is losing out on extra revenue, that could go to signing an extra player or paying that little bit more to get a player of a higher standard?

You appear to be turning in to the board's keyboard warrior, with some of your posts.....not sure why :lol:

Very sorry for my rather flippant reply, it seems to have really upset you or perhaps all the weed you're reefin' is making you paranoid. Anyway, over four hundred posts from you and you still can't figure out how to quote and reply to people properly (nor understand what comparing means), and I'm the fool? :rotflmao:

I just don't understand that in a few days we are playing arguably our biggest game and could win out first piece of major silverware and you're busy comparing and worrying about crowd sizes. I don't disagree that they are lower than they should be and of course I want as many people to go to this game (with which I've given up many hours of my time to try and help with) and our other home games as possible.

My reply was as constructive as your initial post on the issue and subsequently how you find our crowd size 'disturbing'. Please explain how that was constructive? What would have been constructive and generate a proper debate would be to look at the reasons for why you believe our crowds (at this game and in general) are lower than we'd like then look at some realistic ways that the issue could be addressed.

It's easy to say 'Oh look our crowds are pish' anyone can do that and people do, again and again and again. What's not easy is to suggest and/or actually do something to try and improve it. If you truly cared as you claim that's the bit that you would be posting about and focussing on. I don't have all the answers (nor perhaps any of the answers) but I give up my time and try my best to work with both CJT and the club where possible and hope that in some small way that it helps. There are others who do far more than I (you know who you are)! Everyone is different but that's how I show that I 'care'.

As for a keyboard warrior thing, don't really know what that is tbh. So perhaps I am.

Edit- speeling.

I perfectly understand the meaning of comparison Fraser,if you go back to my initial QUESTIONS I asked will this be the lowest ever attendance by 1 club at a national final?I asked this question because I am unsure of the answer, I also asked how many Gretna and Livingston had taken as I believed them to be the 2 clubs with the lowest supports at finals.I would not be making a COMPARISON between an established SPFL club and clubs who only came to prominence for a season or 2.

This is a messageboard for debating,the good,the bad and the ugly of the game,constructive or not I believe under a thread titled CUP FINAL TICKET ALLOCATION it's a fairly valid to ask questions relating to previous CUP FINAL TICKET ALLOCATIONS and have more been sold than the likes of Gretna with a population of 2,500 and Livingston with a population similar to ours.

If you don't know the answer to my initial questions then why bother responding? i'm not looking to debate why crowds are so low in this city and that's not the question I asked.I;m just looking for a couple of simple answers.

Perhaps as you deal with the club you know how many have been sold?

Debating the matter by point scoring on one's internet messageboard knowhow is very shallow, but that's the keyboard warrior in you...Pedanticism really..

Does anyone know if it's still possible to buy tickets before Sunday and if so how to go about it?

I'm selling one! I can sell you one or two....i'm in Glasgow so can meet you on sunday. Although if your in Inverness the ticket office may be open on Saturday.

Edited by Iain