Cup Final Ticket Allocation

dougal

Hey its the people who are choosing not to be there that will regret it if we win. That's their choice. I am coming all the way from oz for this. I wouldn't dare risk missing us winning our first piece of serious silverware. I'd regret it for the rest of my life if I did.

• Agree 8

I understand that the Scottish cup would pull more people in as it is the bigger tournament and played in a warmer month at a traditional time on a Saturday.

Thanks to Champions League Final, the Scottish Cup final is now played on a Sunday. Presumably to allow Celtic to compete in both.

Don, any chance of updates on this thread with number of tickets sold please.

Fed up of being tormented here in Sheepsville about our 500!!

Latest figures I'm being quoted for 'lambs to the slaughter' in 43k sold

Surely not, their additional allocation can be released by all accounts so no need.

Yes, but they don't go on general sale til Monday. The less patient (and I guess by definition, less loyal) of the woolly masses may decide to take a shortcut.

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu

Surely not, their additional allocation can be released by all accounts so no need.

They only have 3000 tickets left out of an allocation of 40000 , looks more than likely that there won't be a public sale . I personally know of someone who was told yesterday that ICT would send him 40 tickets to Aberdeen for ICT end as long as that they didn't wear any colours !!

Yes, but they don't go on general sale til Monday. The less patient (and I guess by definition, less loyal) of the woolly masses may decide to take a shortcut.

Likely they won't see the game at all then if they do this as will be horsed out by security if they make it obvious.

Likely they won't see the game at all then if they do this as will be horsed out by security if they make it obvious.

Simple to spot too. They will be the ones who haven't bought a program, been to the refreshment stand, and indeed have their pockets stitched up!

• Agree 1

This no general sale thing is a bit of a smoke screen as anyone with a previous booking history with Aberdeen is able to buy at present. As they seem to be selling like hotcakes most Dons seem to have found a way to get a ticket without anyone trying to buy at our end?

This no general sale thing is a bit of a smoke screen as anyone with a previous booking history with Aberdeen is able to buy at present. As they seem to be selling like hotcakes most Dons seem to have found a way to get a ticket without anyone trying to buy at our end?

It is stopping my mate from getting a ticket before Monday. I did the friendly thing and suggested that he could always come with me, but for some reason he was reluctant...

From what I read on Twitter yesterday that Aberdeen had sold 37K and I haven't seen a recent update of sales but supposedly Aberdeen are only getting 40K tickets and can't go over that due to police restrictions so it makes sense that they would be buying from ICT

Fair enough they could get the upper tier of the Lisbon Lions but I would rather their fans weren't above us. 

• Agree 1

From what I read on Twitter yesterday that Aberdeen had sold 37K and I haven't seen a recent update of sales but supposedly Aberdeen are only getting 40K tickets and can't go over that due to police restrictions so it makes sense that they would be buying from ICT

Fair enough they could get the upper tier of the Lisbon Lions but I would rather their fans weren't above us. 

Given that we are still some way from selling out our initial allocation despite being on general sale for over a week, we can't really complain if the Dons are now given the upper tier which had previously been provisionally reserved for us. Better that and generating revenue for both clubs than sitting empty with some Aberdeen fans either buying ICT tickets or missing out altogether.

I've just come back from Pittodrie (got a ticket for my Dons supporting dad), and there was only 100 or so tickets left for their allocation which will likely have sold out by now considering the queue behind me.

Given that we are still some way from selling out our initial allocation despite being on general sale for over a week, we can't really complain if the Dons are now given the upper tier which had previously been provisionally reserved for us. Better that and generating revenue for both clubs than sitting empty with some Aberdeen fans either buying ICT tickets or missing out altogether.

I don't have a problem with them getting extra tickets for the game as you said it's more revenue for the club which I can't dispute that but the point I am making is that if they were given the upper tier of the Lisbon Lions stand then it just leaves the possibility of things being thrown down on us - just take the Neil Lennon example at Tynecastle. 

If Aberdeen fans need more tickets then the SPFL should give them the usual away end. 

I don't have a problem with them getting extra tickets for the game as you said it's more revenue for the club which I can't dispute that but the point I am making is that if they were given the upper tier of the Lisbon Lions stand then it just leaves the possibility of things being thrown down on us - just take the Neil Lennon example at Tynecastle. 

If Aberdeen fans need more tickets then the SPFL should give them the usual away end. 

Just bought our tickets on Tuesday, and behind the goals were almost completely out. Only couple of poor view rows directly behind the goal, so going to be in the traditional away end, and they were getting towards having restricted view seats only, so think we are getting towards selling out our allocation too.

It was on Radio Scotland tonight saying Sheep have 700 tickets left from there 40,000. They reckon they have sold so many as the sheep have been starved of success and they think they just need to turn up against us

That's fantastic to hear that we have nearly sold our allocation out, hopefully we can go the step further and try and sell some of the upper tier of the LL stand.

I noticed on the allocation map of Celtic Park it has the upper tier of the corner where the Goon Brigade usually are located empty, unless Aberdeen have sold that too?

I am astonished that Aberdeen have got 40K fans come out the woodwork for this game. I had my doubts about Celtic Park hosting this game but the way things have panned out, the atmosphere is going to be superb!

Edited by ICTRoughi

Surely they can't put sheep in the LL top tier: that would be a security nightmare. Even with them selling 40k and us 10k (optimistic), they can still leave LL upper tier empty.

Correct. The problem is that they're going to be looking for more than 40K which is going to be interesting how that gets dealt with.