Cup Final Ticket Allocation

dougal

Definitely seems to be a breakdown in communication between the club/caleyjagsforever regarding ticket sales and the fans

Aberdeen seem to have managed to keep their fans informed how ticket sales have gone whereas we get silence

I've got my ticket early doors but it would have been nice to know how ticket sales have been going

Dougal

Caleyjagstogether don't have an input/knowledge of match ticket sales Dougal. Last time I looked we were all fans!

No he's talking about Caley Jags Forever, they're all infomed about sales on an hourly basis.

In my defence Fraz I was half asleep when I read Dougals post....lol 

• Agree 1

7000 is OK - should sell out the allocation of 7.5k, which is all we can ask. Would be great if we could also go back for more - closer to 10k would be excellent, but I doubt we'll get there with only 10 days to go.

Why don't the club just come out and let us the fans know how many have been sold ? Why is everything top secret ?

I think it's just to annoy you tbh.

They complain about the lack of support yet do nothing to keep the support informed on what's going on at the club

Why is everyone so worried about those who aren't going? Surely those of us who are going are more important than those not making the trip.

Edited by ubern
  • Agree 2

Are you seriously suggesting that people are holding back on supporting ICT or buying LC final tickets because there's not a regular update on tickets sold?

Firstly there has been no update on the amount of tickets sold and I was meaning the lack of communication in general from the club .

I think that the communication is pretty good from the club overall, certainly vastly improved over what it was a few seasons ago. So aside from the ticket sales updates where else do you think they are lacking? I could raise it at the next CJT meeting and we can take it to the club if you'd like?

THe biggest game in the clubs history and hardly a cheep about it from the club in the local press , they should be shouting from the rooftops to try and encourage as big a support as possible but if your happy with that then more power to you .

• Agree 2

THe biggest game in the clubs history and hardly a cheep about it from the club in the local press , they should be shouting from the rooftops to try and encourage as big a support as possible but if your happy with that then more power to you .

Actually, I have to agree with this.  I don't tap into Inverness media that much (more a WHFP man) but the local BBC news her in NE Scotland has something referring to the sheep being in the cup final in every sports spot - it may be that the news is Highland and not Grampian and so with two SPFL teams they are not as keen to promote one over the other, but it is getting wearing hearing the red update hourly just because I live on the east coast.

If MFR and the Courier are not running a nightly briefing on ICT to stimulate interest then they are missing a trick.

For comparison, what did they do when C*unty were in the Scottish Cup Final?

Edited by FoolPhysio
  • Agree 2

See the league cup at the CJT / ICT Eastgate stall tomorrow.

Come along and see us at the Eastgate Shopping Centre tomorrow (Saturday). The stall will be open 9.30am to 4pm near Waterstones. You can pay for booked bus and train tickets and also buy train tickets, but be quick there's not many left now.

Limited edition cup final merchandise will also be for sale along with ‪#‎ICT‬ flags and other items.

Most exciting of all is that the ACTUAL REAL LIFE League Cup will be there from 12 noon on-wards! So come along take the kids and and get your picture taken, your travel tickets and some cup final gear all in one go!

Look forward to seeing you there.

Aberdeen are making a noise as if they have won the cup. We on the other hand are being more sensible realising we (and more importantly the players) still have two very important games to be played before thinking about the Cup Final. When we win we can go on and on about it and drum up support :)

I don't agree with a lot of what DC has posted but his last post I fully agree with.

Not being able to read much of the local press I don't know what has been said but hopefully the club has, is or will be getting as much exposure as possible to sell as many tickets as possible.

Maybe get the players involved to drum up some support by appearing at Tesco or in the Eastgate.

Living around Aberdeen, their profile in the local media and in general has never been higher since the heady days of their European glory. Was in Inverness through the week and there didn't seem to be nearly the same buzz. Nine days to go. Still time to raise the profile and maybe shift another couple of thousand briefs.

Think some players were on MFR just now to be fair, they've been round some schools schools recently I think. There was a thing on North Highland Radio last night I believe, some buildings are to be lit up in blue and red I think, the league cup is in town tomorrow. No idea what is or isn't in the local press as I never buy or read it.  I simply get most of my info through social media and the web as it's free.

I think what is happening in Aberdeen is more of a reaction to how far Aberdeen have slumped from their glory days than about specific enthusiasm for a league cup final.  They are hungry to return to that and see this as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.  They need to get the public back in numbers to boost their income and be able to mount a serious challenge to Celtic in the league and to be competetive in Europe.  This final is their opportunity to revitalise their support and they have grasped the opportunity superbly and really galvanised the public.

On the other hand, for us to get into the final is a great achievement and almost an end in itself.  The fact that it is new to us should be sufficient for anybody who might be inclined to support the team to make the effort and go.  Of course it would be great if there was 10,000+ but it is still a good number for a club with no history of big crowds.  I suspect that should we reach the Scottish Cup Final there will be a much bigger buzz about the place because it is the main cup competition.  I would expect ticket  sales to be 50% up on the League cup final.  That to me is why this Sunday's cup match is more important than next week's.

• Agree 2

Good to hear that the players are out and about visiting schools and the like.

Any Aberdeen based ICT fans will surely be aware of the nauseating buffoon Charlie Allan and his laughable columns in the Evening Express. Even Aberdeen fans seem to dislike him!