Not attending because game on a Sunday!

I know of at least 4 people who are not attending the final as it is being played on a Sunday, Hard to get my head around this stance to be honest but maybe quite a few others not attending as the game is being played on the Sabbath.... 

Edited by collectiveaction

I also know of a coach load of bus drivers who are going to the match because its on the Sunday, if it was a Saturday most of them would be working.

There must be plenty who can now go because they arent tied to looking after the public on the Saturday.

If God created everything then he also created football, just ask the big man up stairs if its ok to go.

I also know of a coach load of bus drivers who are going to the match because its on the Sunday, if it was a Saturday most of them would be working.

There must be plenty who can now go because they arent tied to looking after the public on the Saturday.

If God created everything then he also created football, just ask the big man up stairs if its ok to go.

Who's the unlucky one having to drive?

I am sure you are right. The number who won't go on Sunday  will be more than offset by those who are only able to go because it's on a Sunday.

There must be plenty who can now go because they arent tied to looking after the public on the Saturday.

Who's the unlucky one having to drive?

The Aberdeen fan I think, actually will probably be the ones who don't drink.

Edited by 12th Man

If people don't want to go because they're busy worshipping the invisible sky fairy, then that's their loss.

I find it hard to believe that people still believe this nonsense in this day and age.

• Agree 1

If people don't want to go because they're busy worshipping the invisible sky fairy, then that's their loss.

I find it hard to believe that people still believe this nonsense in this day and age.

It is indeed difficult to understand how otherwise intelligent and rational people can believe in such fanciful notions in this day and age but that's a whole different debate.

Its only nonsense to those who have no faith. If there are people who still worship and who still believe in the sanctity of the sabbath then so be it. Thats their prerogative and I honestly dont think the rest of us have any right to make comment on their ideals and beliefs.

• Agree 3

Its only nonsense to those who have no faith. If there are people who still worship and who still believe in the sanctity of the sabbath then so be it. Thats their prerogative and I honestly dont think the rest of us have any right to make comment on their ideals and beliefs.

Believing in a man who died and then came back to life and in the meantime performed all kinds of crazy magic tricks and even walked on water.  Include that with a talking bush, a talking snake, a talking donkey, seas parting and a guy who builds a massive boat that has everything on it from mice to donkeys to butterflies to Bigfoot to the Blue Whale! (no mention of the dinosaurs though! :ohmy: ).  Seems plausible to me...

They have the right to say and do what they like, but I have the right to say, they're nuts!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3

Think we are all getting pretty desperate if we are looking at this as an excuse why our ticket sales have been so poor

As it stands at the moment we are in danger of taking the lowest ever support to a national cup final and blaming that on the church is quite ludicrous

Dougal

• Agree 1

Spot on Alex. Their call and as others have commented, ours to respect their decision. As they shouldn't judge us either.

Although you've got to admit that anyone who can just turn on the tap and produce a decent Merlot is a useful guy to know.

You've been to Butcher's house?  :lol:

There was indeed a time when he had us convinced that he could walk on water, but it turned out to be an illusion.  And in the end it transpired that he wasn't the messiah, he was just a very naughty boy.

• Agree 4

I know of at least 4 people who are not attending the final as it is being played on a Sunday, Hard to get my head around this stance to be honest but maybe quite a few others not attending as the game is being played on the Sabbath.... 

I therefore await the next letter in the local press from that fundamentalist nutter who keeps visiting divine retribution on people doing various things which don't resonate with his brand of bigotry. I presume he will predict that the game will be postponed due to heavy rain and and a waterlogged pitch because it's taking place on a Sunday. The same guy believes that there's a link between recent flooding and the Scottish Parliament's decision to allow Gay Marriage.

Now even I wouldn't be that hard on the SNP! :lol:

Think we are all getting pretty desperate if we are looking at this as an excuse why our ticket sales have been so poor

As it stands at the moment we are in danger of taking the lowest ever support to a national cup final and blaming that on the church is quite ludicrous

Dougal

There are no excuses to be made, its our cup final and everyone who supports ICT will be there if they can.  Its as simple as that, if its only 5000-8000 then so be it, thats all we've got and it doesn't embarrass me in the slightest.  We are a new club with a fairly small support,  crowds are not going to get any bigger any time soon.

• Agree 2

Dougal

There are no excuses to be made, its our cup final and everyone who supports ICT will be there if they can.  Its as simple as that, if its only 5000-8000 then so be it, thats all we've got and it doesn't embarrass me in the slightest.  We are a new club with a fairly small support,  crowds are not going to get any bigger any time soon.

Yet Caley took 7000 to a midweek cup game in Perth when we were still a highland league club , shows what Inverness football fans think of ICT !

• Agree 1