Not attending because game on a Sunday!

Think we are all getting pretty desperate if we are looking at this as an excuse why our ticket sales have been so poor

As it stands at the moment we are in danger of taking the lowest ever support to a national cup final and blaming that on the church is quite ludicrous

Dougal

There are no excuses to be made, its our cup final and everyone who supports ICT will be there if they can.  Its as simple as that, if its only 5000-8000 then so be it, thats all we've got and it doesn't embarrass me in the slightest.  We are a new club with a fairly small support,  crowds are not going to get any bigger any time soon.

Yet Caley took 7000 to a midweek cup game in Perth when we were still a highland league club , shows what Inverness football fans think of ICT !

Times have changed tho.? In those days big games were a rarity!

Think we are all getting pretty desperate if we are looking at this as an excuse why our ticket sales have been so poor

As it stands at the moment we are in danger of taking the lowest ever support to a national cup final and blaming that on the church is quite ludicrous

Dougal

There are no excuses to be made, its our cup final and everyone who supports ICT will be there if they can.  Its as simple as that, if its only 5000-8000 then so be it, thats all we've got and it doesn't embarrass me in the slightest.  We are a new club with a fairly small support,  crowds are not going to get any bigger any time soon.

Yet Caley took 7000 to a midweek cup game in Perth when we were still a highland league club , shows what Inverness football fans think of ICT !

I suppose you have documented proof of that or is it another of your airy fairy comments. 7000 is 4000 more that what we have at an average home game so they should be commended and not critisised for making the effort. Will you be there DC? Sadly I wont.

Its only nonsense to those who have no faith. If there are people who still worship and who still believe in the sanctity of the sabbath then so be it. Thats their prerogative and I honestly dont think the rest of us have any right to make comment on their ideals and beliefs.

Believing in a man who died and then came back to life and in the meantime performed all kinds of crazy magic tricks and even walked on water.  Include that with a talking bush, a talking snake, a talking donkey, seas parting and a guy who builds a massive boat that has everything on it from mice to donkeys to butterflies to Bigfoot to the Blue Whale! (no mention of the dinosaurs though! :ohmy: ).  Seems plausible to me...

They have the right to say and do what they like, but I have the right to say, they're nuts!

Could be because they were wiped out long before christianity

Its only nonsense to those who have no faith. If there are people who still worship and who still believe in the sanctity of the sabbath then so be it. Thats their prerogative and I honestly dont think the rest of us have any right to make comment on their ideals and beliefs.

Believing in a man who died and then came back to life and in the meantime performed all kinds of crazy magic tricks and even walked on water.  Include that with a talking bush, a talking snake, a talking donkey, seas parting and a guy who builds a massive boat that has everything on it from mice to donkeys to butterflies to Bigfoot to the Blue Whale! (no mention of the dinosaurs though! :ohmy: ).  Seems plausible to me...

They have the right to say and do what they like, but I have the right to say, they're nuts!

Could be because they were wiped out long before christianity

But I thought the world was only 6,000 years old!  :ohmy:

Edited by Renegade

Got me thinking, (dangerous!!)  Where in the Bible does it say "You shall not go to the football on a Sunday?"

It must be near the bit where Queen of the South famously get a mention!

Erroneously, often described as 'The only football team mentioned in the bible', but Hearts, Wolves, Corinthians and Arsenal are also in there, amongst others!

I would rather live my life as if there was a God and die to find out that there isn't ,than live as if there isn't and to die to find that there is.

Dougal

I would rather live a generally decent life because it's inherently the right and decent thing to do rather than out of a fear of retribution by some pretty vengeful sounding deity.

• Agree 4

I would rather live my life as if there was a God and die to find out that there isn't ,than live as if there isn't and to die to find that there is.

Dougal

The problem with that (apart from Alex's crucial point) is that it all depends on what you believe your God or potential God expects of you.  There is that inherently miserable presbyterian philosophy which says that  you need to forgo all pleasures on this earthly life to earn the eternal pleasures of heaven.  I have visions of followers of that philosophy being denied entry at the Pearly Gates by St Peter telling them that there's simply no room for miserable beggars like them in heaven. 

• Agree 1

If, as the Bible says, God made the Universe and everything in it, where did she live before she created the Universe ?

And its obvious God is a woman........who else would put paradise next to a midden.

Many may need to think hard about that one but it has nothing to do with a football field in east Glasgow.

To get back to the subject my view is that your God is whoever or whatever you want it to be. Your beliefs are a very personal thing designed by you to give you peace of mind and a happiness of soul and something to cling to when your world is falling about around you.

Sadly the wee free's see it as something very sinister with no joy and no football on a sunday. If thats their way then so be it. I'd rather it

Bring me joy in my heart keep on scoring

Be it sunday monday friday saturday

Bring me joy in my heart I am begging

For a silver trophy next sunday.

Sing the Caley

Sing the Caley

Sing the Caley next sunday

Sing the Caley

Sing the Caley

Bring that trophy back to me

Edited by Alex MacLeod

I hate to weigh in on this now religious debate, as I think being a human being entitles you to your own choices in life, and we are really lucky to live in a country where we can. However, that being said... To not witness history being made, to not witness something that will be talked about for generations is incredibly stupid. The team needs your support, no matter who you are and what you practice. 

Oh, and I'm just going to drop this here. :)