Cup Final Day Plans

dougal

Thought this could be an interesting thread hearing what everybody's travel/plans are getting to the game

I will start it off, I'm actually driving down to Glasgow on Saturday morning, booked into the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Meal and a few beers Saturday night a late breakfast Sunday morning then taxi up the gallowgate to find a bar reasonably close to the piggery so the final walk/stagger isn't too far

Staying on Sunday night too so one huge pub crawl walking back into the city centre regardless of the result

What's your plans?

Dougal

coming up from England on Wednesday to stay with my sister in Dundee. Getting the bus into Glasgow at half 8 to meet some friends before off to Rutherglen to  wet the vocal chords before the game. Going to drink whatever the result but either way it will be celebratory as i am proud that we have got to this and if we lose the players still deserve a lot of credit for making this a great day out for fans. Heading back to Dundee later, more drinking before sleeping for the next week :lol:   

Gingerjaggie and Govan Jaggie, what's the significance of Rutherglen to you both? Is it just a railway Junction?

Before emigrating to Canada some 41 years ago I last worked at the RBS at 272 Stonelaw Road, Rutherglen and still maintain my bank account there. That brings back some memories I can tell you.

Gingerjaggie and Govan Jaggie, what's the significance of Rutherglen to you both? Is it just a railway Junction?

Before emigrating to Canada some 41 years ago I last worked at the RBS at 272 Stonelaw Road, Rutherglen and still maintain my bank account there. That brings back some memories I can tell you.

no significance never been before but as there is a pub that will be full of our fans then it is very significant to me  :lol:

Is there a particular pub that ICT fans are meeting at post kick off?

Some folk are going to Rutherglen, near the ground there's also the London Road Tavern and Paradise Bar (which is child friendly in its lounge). They've said they'll be ICT pubs for the day!

Mr CaleyJag and I are leaving Aberdeen on Saturday morning, stopping in Dundee for car shopping, then onto Glasgow to buy a pram. Relaxing Sunday morning before heading to the game.

Top Tip:

Buy the pram after the game. That way the wheels won't get nicked.

After our last 2 gubbings, and Aberdeens recent form, everything points to a comfortable Aberdeen win in the final. However, as a pessimist, I would absolutely HATE if it were the other way around. Traditionally, every time ICT go into a big game as favourites, we get the stuffing knocked out of us. I've heard a few Aberdeen fans expressing the same sentiment. The bigger underdogs we are, the better I say.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 1

Is there a particular pub that ICT fans are meeting at post kick off?

Some folk are going to Rutherglen, near the ground there's also the London Road Tavern and Paradise Bar (which is child friendly in its lounge). They've said they'll be ICT pubs for the day!

Maybe shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thought this could be an interesting thread hearing what everybody's travel/plans are getting to the game

I will start it off, I'm actually driving down to Glasgow on Saturday morning, booked into the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Meal and a few beers Saturday night a late breakfast Sunday morning then taxi up the gallowgate to find a bar reasonably close to the piggery so the final walk/stagger isn't too far

Staying on Sunday night too so one huge pub crawl walking back into the city centre regardless of the result

What's your plans?

Dougal

Crowne Plaza eh?  I refuse to stay there since Intercontinental merged with Holiday Inn.

Mr CaleyJag and I are leaving Aberdeen on Saturday morning, stopping in Dundee for car shopping, then onto Glasgow to buy a pram. Relaxing Sunday morning before heading to the game.

Top Tip:

Buy the pram after the game. That way the wheels won't get nicked.

Travel from Bristol for Rovers v Hartlepool on Saturday, after game travel to Falkirk for Travelodge, Sunday find a suitable location to meet up with our counterparts, no drinking unfortunately as driving straight back to bristol after the game.

All points to a cracker of a weekend, not so sure will be happy about either result though, but fingers crossed, and everything else come to that.

Saturday - 11am to 12pm 8aside kickabout at the Sports Village, then 1.15pm Brazilian meat feast at Hey Brazil, before 3pmish train to Glasgow. Head to a few pubs in the evening to catch up with Dons supporting mates. 

Sunday - get up at hotel, go for a swim, sauna and steam room. Big Breakfast, then head to somewhere central for 11am pint (Horseshoe maybe). Probably go to Bierhalle at 12pm for decent beer and 2 for 1 pizzas, then walk London Road to the game at 1.30ish. 

Edited by RossP
  • Agree 1