Inverness CT -V- Dundee Utd

Scotty

I don't know what I just watched.  Every touch was off, every pass misplaced, tackles mistimed, defense was disorganised.  Just an utter shambles.

United didn't actually do much in the first half but we handed them three goals with mistakes and bad decisions.

NOt sure where Foran was supposed to be playing but he needs to be deeper IMO.  Against good teams we can't play the way Hughes is trying - it's one thing to beat County and Stranraer but we need to be smarter against an in-form United.

• Agree 1

That must be the worst I've ever seen any ICT team play, either live or on TV.  A complete and utter shambles from start to finish.

Nothing short of a good win against Hibs on Tuesday will give any of us making the long journey to Celtic Park next Sunday, any confidence whatsoever.

• Agree 1

why the fek was John Hughes smiling & grinning at the start of his BBC interview. If I was the board a smile would be the last thing I would want or expect to see. Jim Spence would have been scared to go anywhere near Terry Butcher after a result like that

Blimey .... I wasn't expecting that, and at home! Do two 5 nil reverses nake us a bad team? I hope we're not putting all of our eggs in one basket.....mind you not the first tine I'm seen a team too concerned about not getting injured to turn up.

So, we switch to 4-4-2 and ship 5 at Celtic Park. Next time out we start 4-4-2 and we're 3 down after 35mins. Anyone see the link?

Minute I heard on the radio 4-4-2 I was not full of confidence. Then I saw Willie Collum. Foran should have been holding and Vincent playing in the hole.
  • Agree 1

I can see why the ref gave the 1st red but think it was harsh. When contact was made (and it was minimal) his studs were facing the floor and no more than a foot if the grass. The ref only gets one look at it but I feel he got that wrong. 2nd red was just a joke. If that's red card then slide tackles will be banned before you know it. Red cards aside, shocking, woeful, terrible, hopeless defending, warran and meekings both had shockers (I did say Devine should play today)! We need a win midweek desperately

• Agree 1

I could not make the game today as I had other arrangements before the game was changed to Sunday for TV and I am sure it was the same for many other regular supporters who would have been there.  Just because you are in a bad mood don't have a pop at the supporters!

Poorest all round performance all season. Schoolboy errors bad enough but Collum's shocking decisions on the penalty and red cards rubbed salt into self inflicted wounds.

So much for Devine getting a game today too. He should have come on for Josh after his injury.

I know the home support was down in numbers but no way was it less than 1000. More like 1800. 2100 Arabs there.

Not going to have a pop at any of our regulars who couldn't make the game today as i know the Ness half marathon was today but at £10 an adult and £5 for a child to get a crowd just over 3,000 when Dundee United almost filled the whole south stand is shocking. I was gutted i would miss the first half due to being at work but i ma glad i missed all the carnage now. Only positive is we didn't lose by anymore

I have tried not to blame Hughes but the honeymoon is over.

Poor formation.

Foran was not match fit at county and too slow to play in the forward position.

Into the void that was midfield we had nothing.

I missed the first red but the second was red all the way - you just can't do that in the modern game.

Any consolation? Graeme Shinnie looked like he cared, and was at the heart of our defense and our attack. Williams, Polworth and Christie looked fresh and up for it.

Esson to play on Wednesday?

A really poor day all round. Should have being using a 4-2-3-1 formation against an in form team, not 4-4-2. The Celtic game should have been enough of a lesson on that front.

Comedic defending & a soft penalty killed the game, & was hard to take. Tansey red might have been harsh, but no way we'd win an appeal. Watkins really poor decision & I would expect an appeal to be successful.

What's the craic with those reds in terms of suspensions? If we appeal, I assume they'd be ok to play vs Hibs (hearing after it), but if upheld would they then miss the final?

If so, should probably just take the medicine & move on - although we'd play a weakened team vs Hibs which we really need to take a confidence boost from.

The joys of being a Caley Jags fan!!