Rex cards

Doofer

Just read on the bbc gossip column tht if we appeal the red cards and are unsuccessful, they both will be out if the final. How can league red cards count in the cup but cup red cards don't count in the league? We defiantly need to appeal to Watkins red as it wasn't even a booking but I can see tansey's red being upheld even though I don't think it was a red. Is it worth leaving Ramsey suspended for the Hibs match so he is available for the final?

I doubt we will be appealing either tbh as its too much of a risk that we lose and then they are out for Sunday. Both will miss Wednesday and be back for Sunday as the second match missed will be a SC match (next season).

Is that definitely the ruling?  I'm not doubting you at all, but just wanted to make sure this is the definitive position and not just your understanding of it.

If correct, then we definitely need to just leave the red cards to stand for the greater benefit of having both Watkins and Tansey available for Sunday's game.  It also gives a few of the fringe players a bit of game time to show what they can do.

I doubt we will be appealing either tbh as its too much of a risk that we lose and then they are out for Sunday. Both will miss Wednesday and be back for Sunday as the second match missed will be a SC match (next season).

Is that definitely the ruling?  I'm not doubting you at all, but just wanted to make sure this is the definitive position and not just your understanding of it.

If correct, then we definitely need to just leave the red cards to stand for the greater benefit of having both Watkins and Tansey available for Sunday's game.  It also gives a few of the fringe players a bit of game time to show what they can do.

I've been told that by a good source so am confident this is right.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/9206234/greg-tansey-and-marley-watkins-set-to-play-for-inverness-caley-against-aberdeen

Given the above, there's no way it is worth risking an appeal: the players would be dead against it and, throw in the cost and the chances and I'm sure they'll be left. Short again in midfield for Hibs, though!

• Agree 1