Team v H*bs on Wednesday

Row S

Cup final places up for grabs, some players need to be rested and suspensions to contend with, so I'd go with:

Esson

Pepper - Warren - Devine - Tremarco

Doran - Polworth - Foran - Shinnie

Ross

McKay  

Subs: Brill, Raven, Meekings, Williams, Vincent, Christie & Greenhaugh 

Just had a quick look at the form of both Hibs and ICT. Both Hughes and Butcher have enjoyed or endured much the same run of results since they took up their roles. A quick glance at our results since Hughes came in (League results only) shows he has a record of W 4 D 4 L 5 against a record of W 4 D 6 L 5 for Butcher. I suspect this will be a score draw.

Brill

Raven - Devine - Meekings - Shinnie

Doran- Polworth - Foran - Ross

Vincent

McKay  

Brill has to play, keepers need confidence and dropping him won't help especially with Esson not having had any first team time this year. The back four has to the the final starting line up and we need Foran back in the midfield with Draper & Tansey missing, hopefully Doran & Ross can provide some of the creativity we seem to have lacked in the last few games too.

Cup final places up for grabs, some players need to be rested and suspensions to contend with, so I'd go with:

Esson

Ross

McKay  

I would put Christie up front

Brill

Raven Devine Meekings Shinnie

Foran      Vincent

Doran        Ross     Williams

Mckay

subs: Esson, Tremarco, Warren, Polworth, Christie, Pepper, Geenhaugh

Brill

Raven Devine Meekings Tremarco

Foran Shinnie

Doran Vincent Ross

Mckay

First of all we have to go back to 4-2-3-1. Devine has to get some first team game time under his belt, so he comes in for Warren. Vincent showed on Sunday he simply isn't disciplined enough to play that role in front of the back four so Shinnie comes into there as the legs alongside Foran. We've played our best football with Vincent playing just in behind Billy so makes sense to return to that.

• Agree 1

Brill

Raven Warren Devine Tremarco

Foran Polworth

Doran Christie Greenhalgh

Evans

Subs - Esson, Meekings, Williams, Vincent, Pepper, Ross, Mckay

Edited by Renegade

Esson

Ross

McKay  

I would put Christie up front

IHE, I agree fully. Don't want to see Mckay picking up a knock. Christie fully deserves a start based on what I've seen of him so far this season. A very exciting prospect.

MMMmmmmm,

-Brill-

- Raven - Meekings - Warren - Shinnie -

- Devine -

- Vincent - Foran -

- Doran -                                  - Ross -

- Mckay -

Use Devine as a midfield anchor. Just to give the team a more solid outlook against the counter attack. Lads are bound to feel a little low on confidence at the back after two heavy defeats and he can play there. After getting some much needed match fitness in the middle he should be able to slot in at the back on Sunday.

With Watkins out I was left with choice of Williams or Ross for the left side. (I felt Greenhalgh hasn't really featured enough to tell me he is the answer. Other options are Christie or Polworth).  Alternative is play Shinnie there and Tremarco at LB. This allows for Tremarco to give good stability on the flank.

With Devine in the team it should give Foran and Vincent (or Ross if Shinnie at LW), as well as Shinnie license to join in attack without getting caught out.

Edited by iamthecaptain1

MMMmmmmm,

-Brill-

- Raven - Meekings - Warren - Tremarco -

- Devine -

- Ross - Foran -

- Doran -                                  - Shinnie -

- Mckay -

Use Devine as a midfield anchor. Just to give the team a more solid outlook against the counter attack. Lads are bound to feel a little low on confidence at the back after two heavy defeats and he can play there. After getting some much needed match fitness in the middle he should be able to slot in at the back on Sunday.

With Watkins out I was left with choice of Williams or Shinnie for the left side. (I felt Greenhalgh hasn't really featured enough to tell me he is the answer. Other options are Christie or Polworth). This allows for Tremarco to give good stability on the flank.

With Devine and Tremarco in the team it should give Foran and Ross, as well as Shinnie license to join in attack without getting caught out.

Actually is Draper out of this game? If not, get him in there.

Brill

Warren  -  Meekings  -  Devine  -  Tremarco

Ross  -  Foran

Williams  -  Vincent  -  Greenhalgh

Christie

Devine needs a game.  Foran and Vincent need to prove themselves. Raven, Doran, Shinne and McKay are key so need a rest.  Williams and Ross can edge themselves into the cup final team.  Warren would normally swap with Meekings but I'd rather a defensive right-back to give the centre pairing an understanding.

Whatever Yogi feels is his strongest team. 

After a great day out in Glasgow on Sunday the rest of the season will be all about the league.  We need to be in as stong a position as possible once the cup euphoria is out of the way and we cannot afford to play a weakened team against Hibs.  The only reason for resting anyone is if they are not fit enough to play on Wednesday.   Yogi can think about who might play on Sunday after tomorrow's crucial league match.  Tomorrow should see us clinch a top 6 spot so we simply can't afford not to give this full attention.

Brill

Warren  -  Meekings  -  Devine  -  Tremarco

Ross  -  Foran

Williams  -  Vincent  -  Greenhalgh

Christie

Devine needs a game.  Foran and Vincent need to prove themselves. Raven, Doran, Shinne and McKay are key so need a rest.  Williams and Ross can edge themselves into the cup final team.  Warren would normally swap with Meekings but I'd rather a defensive right-back to give the centre pairing an understanding.

Unless we went Meekings-Devine-Warren-ANOther.  Unless 3 or 5 at the back is an option?

Edited by Renegade

Have heard great things about Adam Evans but he hasn't had a sniff so far. Could be good to try him or Christie as back up for billy, subbing him with a good 30mins left and get them some game time!

Brill

Raven. Devine meekings Tremarco

Foran. Shinnie

Doran. Vincent. Ross

McKay

Subs-: Esson, pepper, warren, Williams, pol worth, Christie, Evans

I'd go for our defence for the final, so they iron out any rustiness, but keeping the 4-2-3-1 formation mixing it up further forward. We need goals tomorrow and a clean sheet if at all possible

Dean

Raven   Meekings  Devine  Shinnie

Foran      Warren

Ross          Vincent        Doran

Mckay / Christie

Subs Ess, Williams, Polly, Evans, Greenhaugh, Tremarco 

Brill

Warren - Meekings - Devine - Tremarco

Ross - Foran

Williams - Vincent - Greenhalgh

Christie

Devine needs a game. Foran and Vincent need to prove themselves. Raven, Doran, Shinne and McKay are key so need a rest. Williams and Ross can edge themselves into the cup final team. Warren would normally swap with Meekings but I'd rather a defensive right-back to give the centre pairing an understanding.

This

I think it's slightly, nay bloody unfortunate that you guys need to play a midweek game before a cup final, but hey, that's typical of the Scottish football blazer mob eh?  however, I am a Hibby and hope my team can at least get something out of tonight's game. wish I could be there, but work commitments rule it out.to get a win in the Highlands, for us is a bonus, given the absolute keek that we've performed over the years up there! anyway guys, I only came on here this morning to wish you all a great day for the league cup final, although a good result for us hibees.  get tore intae that mob o' sheep at the weekend, and I hope that divin' barsteward they have up front,(Pawlett ?) get's sent aff. go on ICT.

• Agree 1

Brill

Raven  Meekings Devine  Shinnie

Vincent  Foran

Doran         Ross       Williams

McKay

Subs ; Esson Warren Pepper Polworth Christie Tremarco Greenhalgh

• Agree 1