Inverness CT -V- Hibernian

Scotty

Very much a 4-1-4-1 system set up not too lose goals.

Pitch is a disaster area and the number of sliced clearances from both defenses showed how tricky it was.

Clearly there was an emphasis on keeping a shape (though Doran twice in the first half failed to track his man!) and there was too much a gap between Billy and anyone else for most of the game. Billy is not suited to this system as it needs a front man capable of holding the ball up until support arrives.

Positives - Nick Ross who showed composure and a bit of quality and Polworth also played well in the second half. Richie added a bit of bite in the middle again. Both Evans and Christie showed up well when they came on also.

Have to say that crowds are unlikely to improve if the home form under Yogi and equally the lack of goals continues. Don't fully understand the desire to move away from 4-2-3-1 which fits the players we have and more importantly is the system which allows Billy to actually score, That said, a lack of composure on a few occasions and the pitch put paid to several potential opportunities.

As everyone has said, poor game with nil nil written all over it from around 30 minutes in.

Some positives, which you have to look for in every game. Foran back to where he should be playing and noticeable difference although his distribution was poor (maybe down to pitch). I though Doran did play well, always looking for the ball and running at people. If he is injured for the final, a big loss. For me, Nick Ross may have played his way into the team. Always willing to take the ball, showed good skill but really needs to beef up. Williams as well did enough to justify a place in the squad and put in a power of work going forward and tracking back.

Some negatives however, too many high balls, we looked much better trying to pass our way through Hibs. Meekings is not a right back, Hibs sussed this out and did target him but fortunately they did not take advantage. Definitely missed an attacking threat down the right with Meekings there. Disappointed in Polworth. Always tries to play football but sometimes, the simple pass is the best option. Lost the ball too many times last night in dangerous areas which could have cost us. Free kicks not very good either.

Overall, not a disaster and looking forward to the final as I still think we can do it.

I know he didn't get much game time but I thought young Christie showed up extremely well. He has developed a bit of bite to his game and we all know he can score goals. This young man must be on the bench this Sunday because I really feel he could be a match winner if taken on earlier in the game.

• Agree 2

Hitting the panic button a little early folks.

But we really need to put in a proper shift against Hibs. Another performance like today will really not do. I'd happily take a 0-0 bore draw after that.

Well I'm glad to have got this one right....

MMMmmmmm,

-Brill-

- Raven - Meekings - Warren - Shinnie -

- Devine -

- Vincent - Foran -

- Doran -                                  - Ross -

- Mckay -

Very much a 4-1-4-1 system set up not too lose goals.

And I pretty much went for a 4-1-4(2-2w)-1......

They say these things come in threes....

.....I do hope we can win on Sunday and send me back home happy as larry. ;-)