Christie

collectiveaction

Having seen Christie play  a part (20 minutes or so) in a number of games I have to admit to being very impressed. I predict that, barring injuries, this lad can make it right to the top. He offers "something different" and has the ability to open up defences with sheer ability and "sees" passes that very few others can. I realise that there is very stiff competition for a place on the bench for Sunday's game but, this young lad is very, very good and must be seriously considered.

Edited by collectiveaction
  • Agree 1

I`d also love to see him involved. Just remember 17 yr olds the likes of Derek Johnstone when starting out at Rangers,

Wayne Rooney Everton, Norman Whiteside at Man Utd.

• Agree 1

From what little I have seen, young Christie has huge potential but what do I know about judging young players ? When I saw a 16 year old Martin Bavidge come on to make his debut I turned to my companion and confidently predicted that we were watching a future Scotland international.

Subject to that major caveat, I personally would have him on the bench ahead of Polworth.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 3

A bench start I think for him. We'd need a player like Christie to come on in the final minutes of the game and run his little legs off and cause havoc when the Aberdeen defence is getting tired. I don't believe that he'll have the stamina and maturity yet to play a full 90+ game. 

The old adage is that if he is good enough, he is old enough .. and I would agree with that!

I have only seen him play once, a 2 minute + stoppage time cameo in the Celtic game in December, but even for that short time he definitely looked like he has something. Will leave the final judgement to those who know better and who see him train/play for longer spells .... but would not be averse to seeing his name on the subs bench on Sunday.

Christie must start V Partick Thistle!

While watching the match last night, Alternative Maryhill turned to me and said we should be building a team around him. I agree completely.

Why we have talented players like Christie and Ross on the bench each week and not in the starting XI is beyond me.

• Agree 1

Was a stand out when he came on yesterday. Gave the team much more drive going forward, and was taking on defenders like nobody else in the team. Surely deserves a start soon. A few guys need a rest.

^^^^

This.

Christie must start V Partick Thistle!

While watching the match last night, Alternative Maryhill turned to me and said we should be building a team around him. I agree completely.

Why we have talented players like Christie and Ross on the bench each week and not in the starting XI is beyond me.

I would qualify this slightly by saying that I wouldn't expect him to carry the team at such a young age - in fact it's possible one of the reasons he's made such an impact in his brief appearances is because he's playing without fear or the pressure of expectation - but certainly we should be looking to develop our playing style through the players who are our greatest sources of creativity, and on the little amount of evidence we've seen so far, Christie certainly looks like one of those players. Although his willingness to take players on and beat them is really encouraging, what impresses me most is the vision and weight of his passing - in just about every appearance he's made now, he's pulled off one of those slid-rule passes that his father did so well. There's no-one else in the team at the moment that looks capable of that - Andrew Shinnie was the last player we had who was, and if Christie continues to progress the way he is doing, then he looks like he will be the natural heir to Shinnie. 

• Agree 1