Christie

collectiveaction

He was excellent in the second half last night.

I feel that a few of our regular starters need a rest, I see no reason why Ryan cannot get a lot more game time with our current fixture pile up.

BTW - same with Nick Ross too IMO.

• Agree 3

Christie must start V Partick Thistle!

While watching the match last night, Alternative Maryhill turned to me and said we should be building a team around him. I agree completely.

Why we have talented players like Christie and Ross on the bench each week and not in the starting XI is beyond me.

I'm someone who has been a bit critical of Nick Ross in the past.  He flatters to deceive.  He often seems to play some neat enough football but there is rarely an end result.  But to some extent this is not entirely his fault.  Too often there isn't the movement in front of him which either invites the smart ball into space or which takes a defender and opens space for Nick to take the ball into.  I think Nick is an intelligent football and has better control of a football than most in the side.

But what strikes me from the little I have seen of Ryan Christie is that he is exactly the type of player that will work well with Nick.  He strikes me as the sort of player who sees the gaps and can pull defenders out of position whilst Nick is the sort of player who will be alive to that and can exploit it.   With Billy up front I can see the potential for some neat, on the deck exhanges cutting through the centre of opposition defences.  It is certainly a combination I would like to see tried out.

One of the problems for Yogi at the moment is that there are just so many talented midfielders in the squad.  The difficulty will be finding the best combination(s).  Ryan is certainly a great prospect but with the midfield strength in depth there is no reason to put undue pressure on the lad at this stage of his career,  Let him know that he will get significant game time in the next several games and he will be able to be more relaxed about his contribution and can play his natural game without feeling that he is playing for his place every game.. 

I agree that Ryan Christie should get the nod on Saturday. From the live reports from last night it sounded like he added a bright spark up front which was lacking in the first half and that's a very good positive to take from last night's game. I have watched Ryan Christie many a time in the U20 home games and always stood out to me to have the potential to make something out of himself. 

If you take the leaf out of Dundee United's book, we could have our very own Ryan Gauld in the shape of Ryan Christie. 

• Agree 1

If you take the leaf out of Dundee United's book, we could have our very own Ryan Gauld in the shape of Ryan Christie.

From what I seen of him last night he is better than Gauld!

(it was only 45 minutes I know but still...)

To be fair I haven't really seen much of Ryan Gauld, only game that stands out to me was vs us in the quarter final and he didn't really produce much in 90 mins. Maybe the scottish media over hype him who knows. GMS is over-rated IMO he has the skill but nothing much to him.

The point I am really making before I get sidetracked is that ICT could benefit to a similar set up as Dundee United. They have young boys like Andrew Robertson (who was superb in the 5-0 game) John Souttar all very young lads playing first team football.

We have the likes of Ryan Christie, Liam Polworth, Adam Evans, Ali Sutherland (maybe next season) that could get a massive benefit of little bit exposure in the first. I am sure as hell it wouldn't happen if Butcher was here but John Hughes is very impressive when it comes to young talent.

• Agree 2

To be fair I haven't really seen much of Ryan Gauld, only game that stands out to me was vs us in the quarter final and he didn't really produce much in 90 mins. Maybe the scottish media over hype him who knows. GMS is over-rated IMO he has the skill but nothing much to him.

The point I am really making before I get sidetracked is that ICT could benefit to a similar set up as Dundee United. They have young boys like Andrew Robertson (who was superb in the 5-0 game) John Souttar all very young lads playing first team football.

We have the likes of Ryan Christie, Liam Polworth, Adam Evans, Ali Sutherland (maybe next season) that could get a massive benefit of little bit exposure in the first. I am sure as hell it wouldn't happen if Butcher was here but John Hughes is very impressive when it comes to young talent.

Now you're talking! Whether it is under the managerial vision of John Hughes or a.n other, a vibrant, cohesive youth policy is the way forward for I.C.T. Both Aberdeen and United have worked extremely diligently in nurturing and promoting youth and their endeavour in this department is now paying dividends. What are the options? Bring in high numbers of young English players and hope we strike it lucky with one or two? No. How about paying out transfer fees for "good" players? No. Well, lets "grow" our own. In the present u-20's and u-17's potential and talent abounds. A no brainer!

• Agree 1

Now you're talking! Whether it is under the managerial vision of John Hughes or a.n other, a vibrant, cohesive youth policy is the way forward for I.C.T. Both Aberdeen and United have worked extremely diligently in nurturing and promoting youth and their endeavour in this department is now paying dividends. What are the options? Bring in high numbers of young English players and hope we strike it lucky with one or two? No. How about paying out transfer fees for "good" players? No. Well, lets "grow" our own. In the present u-20's and u-17's potential and talent abounds. A no brainer!

It's definitely the way to go. Blood the youngsters in and also gives some of the first teamers a well deserved break.

• Agree 1

Nick Ross is rather easily bundled off the ball. I saw this in the recent Final match.

He is a neat player and, if given room, can pass his way out of trouble. But when under pressure from a determined full back for example, well.....the jury is still out, Needs to bulk up I think.

All I have seen of Ryan Gauld are videos and they are impressive. I would love someone to guide me  to locating and seeing a video of Ryan Christie  ....?

Ryan christie was also bundled off the ball quite easily but IMO ibulking up is not the answer, If you do bulk up you slow down and then lose the fast part of your game.  Both Ross and Christie are excellent players Polworth and Pepper also need more playing time.  We are safe from relegation so there is no better chance to do this.

• Agree 2

No chance of the BBC showing anything overseas re videos I am afraid Sneckboy...

But thanks for the thought which I appreciate.

Cheers  S.P.

Well, dear Mr. Pimple, there's something like proxies which you can set on a UK IP. Then you can watch the BBC videos in Canada like I can see them in Germany if I need to. To find a site listing free proxy addresses just type "proxy" into Google.

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow I think you may be referring to VPN?  Was too late to get on Scotty's  list this term but I will follow up on your lead.

Kind regards from the Canadian Western Wilderness. Guess what ad featured as soon as I came on  here--- beautiful scenery of the Pacific Ocean shores and Humpback whales in the Canadian North West. :lol:  Fantastic to watch but right now I am focussed on the footie.

Thanks for responding,

No doubt we will have Caley T V of the highlights in the not too distant future and won't that be something.

My oh my, when I look back and compare what we were years ago to what we have become now, it's ...AWESOME. :clapoverhead: