ie

Media Coverage

ff

AUDIO

TEXT

VIDEO

TEAM LINEUPS
post-2-0-33028600-1394979525_thumb.png

Well.....ict were the better team overall I would say. First half was dire....both teams equally poor. I thought ict had a good 30 mins in the second half. But severe lack of chances created. Billy mckay was practically a spectator

Well.....ict were the better team overall I would say. First half was dire....both teams equally poor. I thought ict had a good 30 mins in the second half. But severe lack of chances created. Billy mckay was practically a spectator

Can't agree more with that, I was disappointed with his penalty too.

• Agree 1

Gutted, but we didn't create enough to deserve it despite a much better 2nd half with some excellent football. Well done especially to Ross and Christie who were excellent when they came on. The guys played their hearts out: Shinnie was immense again, but they are all heroes!

• Agree 2

Well we all know I am a happy clapper but ..

I thought our team did us proud, how many of us thought it would come to penalties?

We were beaten by the suits upstairs that made us play a game during the week and therefore stole some of our strength towards the end.

Anyway thanks to the team for giving me a wonderful three hours with the result going either way right up to the last few minutes.

• Agree 4

Really good effort but we lacked a cutting edge and that has been missing for a few weeks shame about the Penalties although with Billy's track record from the spot recently Why was he first up

Thought Devine had a really good game

All good experience for the future  the Boys can hold their heads high

• Agree 2

Disappointed about the result but delighted by the performance of all 29 men involved on the pitch (ok, Johnny Hayes couldn't perform very much). Maybe even by the managing teams. And certainly by the 50,000 in the stands. True Scottish football happens outside the Old Filth.

• Agree 2

by all acounts you played crap. just the way john hughes' sets his teams out to play, the clueless knob. no wonder he was sacked at hartlepool. you would have won if you had had 2 englishmen...terry butcher & danny williams!!

• Agree 1

Very negative performance from us, we didn't really create a clear chance in two hours of football.  All we did was hook balls over the top to McKay and while he worked hard he couldn't  do anything with them.  We defended very well, aside from the spell around the point when they hit the post I didn't think Aberdeen threatened us.

It's disappointing that the best chance we'll probably get in a long time to win a cup we didn't put any pressure on Aberdeen, and if we had they were there for the taking.

• Agree 1

Sadly our recent inability to get decent service to Billy continues and goals are still like hens teeth. Not a classic by either team but I agree Aberdeen were there to be taken. Thought we might get in front when we had a good spell at the start of the second half but poor passing (get it on the ground) let it slip again. Better shape by us today (Meekings and Devine did well) and crap finishing by both teams kept the game tight. Poor efforts at penalties have to say. Anyway, pub here is decent and beer is cold so could get used to major cup finals....

Papers have Dons running a £15m debt to achieve this so Inverness are doing pretty well to be top six and finalists with a 3k home support.

Bottlers

Aye very good. Such a constructive analogy.

Mrs M is very proud of the guys today. They tried but didn't get the finishing touch needed. Ref was too whistle happy. And probably nerves got the better of a cou[ple of penalty takers. The team did well to get to the final and to hold out for 120 mins.

Terrific effort by the whole team. Considering the negative effects of the last 2 weeks, and the way we were written off, I thought we gave it our all, and you couldn't really ask for more. Well organised, and i thought we played the better football - though it didn't always come off we looked like a team with more ideas than Aberdeen, who seemed bereft of anything other than hopeful punts. A real shame when we had the momentum at the start of the second half that we couldn't make the breakthrough - just a little bit of guile or invention would have opened the door. Billy played his socks off, was shackled by two defenders most of the time, and will be black and blue tomorrow.

Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, did us proud, penalties are always a lottery. Man of the Match Ross Draper says it all - he was immense. As were they all, you could see how drained they were by the end. Respect to you all.

• Agree 4