Free Kicks

davieB

I wish that Doran had just put the ball in the box, it could have gone anywhere and maybe somebody could have stabbed it home. To punt it over the bar so wildly was just gutting, it was the last minutes of extra time, I was so sure it was our chance to nab it at the death!

and I thought I was the only one! You could tell that the sheep were terrified...and then....that!

watched the chaps shooting in during the warm up on sunday. foran, mackay, Watkins etc were curling the ball into the top corner, bottom corner, scoring with ease and composure.

sitting there I was thinking the guys are on form today, usually at Tulloch stadium they blast over the bar, hit row z and even clear the north stand when warming up.( ok they also score some as well)

when the game got going, not singling out Watkins but his left foot strike at goal when he nicked  the ball with his right foot first and fell on his erse summed up our shooting for me. ross draper has been a culprit in games this season, slicing over the bar from excellent scoring positions.

seem to be rabbits in headlights when the chance to shoot presents it's self.

main objective hit the target, test the keeper.

I remember Duncan, rankin, hayes scoring crackers from distance in games against Dundee utd and the original ranagers.

Still can't think of the last time we scored direct from a FK. Anyone?

I think it was Tansey in the last game of the 2011/12 season against Hibs. 

Ben Greenhalgh has scored a couple of crackers for the U-20's this season too.