Transport to Motherwell

izzy

Very disappointed and saddened to hear no transport to game on Wed night at Motherwell. I realise

money is tight for a lot of people but out of the the thousands of supporters yesterday I would like to think

we could at least have managed to fill a mini bus for an important league game.....The team deserve better

than this ,we are out of the cups now so we need to support them to get as high up the league as possible

Im actually quite disgusted .

• Agree 3

If I go I'll have to drive it as the public transport is limited post-match. It's also on BBC Alba 'as live' from 2200.

Tickets priced at:

ADULTS: £22 / £18

CONCESSIONS: £15 / £14

JUVENILE: £12 / £9

FAMILY: £28 / £24

If I go I'll have to drive it as the public transport is limited post-match. It's also on BBC Alba 'as live' from 2200.

Tickets priced at:

I know it's on TV but not live .Yesterdays game was live on T V but it didnt stop thousands of fans coming out

to support team. Sitting watching it on TV two hours after KO is hardly support.

Just what does this team have to do ???????????

Sorry for rant but just saying it as I see it !!!!!

• Agree 1

Yesterdays game took place on a day when the majority of people were not at work. The game on Wednesday will require people to take time off work in the afternoon and, depending on how they are when they get home, take the morning of Thursday off as well.

Hopefully the next home game will see a few more bums on seats.

Tickets priced at:

I know it's on TV but not live .Yesterdays game was live on T V but it didnt stop thousands of fans coming out

to support team. Sitting watching it on TV two hours after KO is hardly support.

Yesterday was a Sunday with lots of options to get there by public transport, most of them returning by 10 p.mish.. Motherwell is on a Wednesday night with no options of that. Most of us will have to work on Thursday morning which is not very nice when you come home around 2 p.m.. Most of us have to look how to pay mortgage, food, insurances etc., many for a whole family. This won't be made easier if they get sacked from their jobs for not meeting expectations because they run off to a footie match during the week. So I can fully understand that few will take the trip down from Inverness. But I'm sure that the central belters will be there and make the club proud with their support!

• Agree 1

Tickets priced at:

Yesterday was a Sunday with lots of options to get there by public transport, most of them returning by 10 p.mish.. Motherwell is on a Wednesday night with no options of that. Most of us will have to work on Thursday morning which is not very nice when you come home around 2 p.m.. Most of us have to look how to pay mortgage, food, insurances etc., many for a whole family. This won't be made easier if they get sacked from their jobs for not meeting expectations because they run off to a footie match during the week. So I can fully understand that few will take the trip down from Inverness. But I'm sure that the central belters will be there and make the club proud with their support!

Rainbow if you read my post properly you would see that I put in a nutshell what you just came back at me with.

I just cannot not believe that out of the thousands yesterday we cannot fill a mini bus .

I've made my point and now Im going to leave this topic here as I don't particularly like where its going.

Tickets priced at:

Nobody is expecting a big turn out at Motherwell.  You only have to think of the very small number of Hibs supporters last Wednesday night for what was a really important game for their top 6 ambitions to appreciate that you simply aren't going to get more than a handful of folk travelling to midweek evening kick offs.  Hibs have a much bigger fan base than us, there are probably a lot more Hibs fans who live in easy tavelling distance of Inverness than there are Inverness fans living close to Motherwell and the journey between Edinburgh and  Inverness is a bit easier than that between Inverness and Motherwell.

So I wouldn't knock fans in general for not going but I do think the club should ensure there is transport for the few brilliant folk who do want to make the trip.  The support of these few fans at away matches is a big boost to the team. Perhaps a mini bus or a coach provided by the club at no charge to the hardy few on a first come basis would be a reasonable gesture from the club on the back of the financial boost the final has provided.   

• Agree 5

I think what Izzy is trying to say is that she is disappointed that there is no supporters bus/ minibus available for fans who would like to go and support the team on Wednesday. I feel the same. She is not having a go at anyone who cannot make it for whatever reason.

• Agree 2

And moving completely off topic - midweek games should just be abolished. It is harder to find a reason to go to a Tuesday/Wednesday match than not (poor transport options, A9, school night, crap weather, Champions league, Alba "nearly live", pub, sports activities etc etc). I know these are re-arranged matches and there's no space in the schedule for a team as successful as ICT :tongue:, but there has to be a recognition of these issues, which are more acute for us, but relevant to all the clubs. Anyone ever thought of increasing the league to 16 and only playing each other twice? :tongueincheek: Plenty of time to fit the cup games on Saturdays and allow for poor weather!

So, I take my hat off to all supporters (ICT or other) who manage to get to any games midweek - I can't and won't be able to until children are off the books (does that ever happen?) SPFL needs to recognise that they are competing for our time and cash......in midweek the competition is too strong!

• Agree 2

Moving slightly off track, sorry, imho you/we should be pointing a very pointy stick at the SPFL. Scheduling midweek League fixtures either side of a Cup Final   :amazed:

We were painted into a corner, especially after we drew with Stranraer, I don't think there were enough midweeks to let us skip either side of the Final. The big mystery is why it took so long to re-arrange the County game at the Gloabal 50p for the Meter Stadium. Even those cave-dwellers can organise a game in less than four months surely. Maybe they were too busy praying for the sun to come back.

Mind you, after Gollum's 'unique' application of the laws of football, the midweek game against Hibs was more useful than not.

Moving slightly off track, sorry, imho you/we should be pointing a very pointy stick at the SPFL. Scheduling midweek League fixtures either side of a Cup Final   :amazed:

We were painted into a corner, especially after we drew with Stranraer, I don't think there were enough midweeks to let us skip either side of the Final. The big mystery is why it took so long to re-arrange the County game at the Gloabal 50p for the Meter Stadium. Even those cave-dwellers can organise a game in less than four months surely. Maybe they were too busy praying for the sun to come back.

Mind you, after Gollum's 'unique' application of the laws of football, the midweek game against Hibs was more useful than not.

To be fair, the reason why the rearranged County game took so long to take place was that we refused to agree to any of quite a number of earlier dates proposed by Dingwall.

Edited by Kingsmills

To the OP: I'm sorry that you feel that way about there not being a bus running to Motherwell. As has been said elsewhere, there were 6 provisional bookings which would have netted CJT £90 (It's us who run the buses) and a minibus would cost at least three or four times that. If we can't create demand, we can't run it. It's simple maths.

What I find disappointing is that out of 7800 fans who turned up on Sunday only 6 were prepared to make the effort to go and support the team against Motherwell. This game is really important as far as getting into Europe is concerned. Must be very frustrating for those who organise supporters buses. 

• Agree 2

What I find disappointing is that out of 7800 fans who turned up on Sunday only 6 were prepared to make the effort to go and support the team against Motherwell. This game is really important as far as getting into Europe is concerned. Must be very frustrating for those who organise supporters buses. 

Not a fair comparison. Not all the 7,800 came by bus from Inverness. The logistics of getting to and from Inverness to Motherwell on a School night also have to be considered, and pose more of a problem than a trip to Glasgow on a weekend afternoon. As said above, I am sure there will be central belt representation at the game.

Were you booked on the supporters bus for Wednesday and every other away game this season?

To the OP: I'm sorry that you feel that way about there not being a bus running to Motherwell. As has been said elsewhere, there were 6 provisional bookings which would have netted CJT £90 (It's us who run the buses) and a minibus would cost at least three or four times that. If we can't create demand, we can't run it. It's simple maths.[/quote

Thank you for your reply Davie and you're right it doesn't take a mathematician to work out that you obviously cannot afford to put on a

bus for 6 . Although it doesn't change my way of thinking and I know Im not alone with my thoughts ,we can only hope the Team come

home with a win to cheer us up .

• Agree 1

Were you booked on the supporters bus for Wednesday and every other away game this season?

Absolutely.

• Agree 2

Sadly this is one midweek game too far for me. Along with taking time off work going to this game would have cost upwards of £75 and after the last few weeks I just can't afford that.

EDIT: Obviously I am coming from Aberdeen which doesn't help. All these midweek home ties are essentially "away" matches for me.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

What I find disappointing is that out of 7800 fans who turned up on Sunday only 6 were prepared to make the effort to go and support the team against Motherwell. This game is really important as far as getting into Europe is concerned. Must be very frustrating for those who organise supporters buses.

Plenty of folk don‘t use the buses. I‘ll be meeting other central belt based fans late Wednesday afternoon and heading through to Motherwell. I don‘t go to midweek home games though. Not taking a day off work for it. I‘d imagine this is the same with most Inverness based fans regarding midweek away games.

• Agree 1

What I find disappointing is that out of 7800 fans who turned up on Sunday only 6 were prepared to make the effort to go and support the team against Motherwell. This game is really important as far as getting into Europe is concerned. Must be very frustrating for those who organise supporters buses.

Plenty of folk don‘t use the buses. I‘ll be meeting other central belt based fans late Wednesday afternoon and heading through to Motherwell. I don‘t go to midweek home games though. Not taking a day off work for it. I‘d imagine this is the same with most Inverness based fans regarding midweek away games.

Thats my problem tbh. I dont miss may awaydays but this is my busy time at work and just cant get off tomorrow. Hoping to be able to make Tannadice tho... 

• Agree 1

Oh I know plenty folk don't use the buses as have been on many half full, if that, this season. However, for a lot of people the buses are a safe, comfortable, stress free way of getting right to the ground without having to revert to public transport or their own vehicles. The lesson here is probably that anyone who wants to go on the supporters bus should let the organisers know well in advance. Cmon Inverness.

• Agree 2

This is very disheartening there is no bus to Motherwell football club away even though I did not intend to travel shame nobody wants to go after such a good turnout at the final eh.

azZO

• Agree 1