Team for Motherwell

WYNESS101

I think Mckay needs a rest either tonight or on Saturday so if tonight, move Watkins up front. Vincent was not great on Sunday so replace him with Nick Ross and Doran has to start (in place of Mckay).

I wasn't really impressed with Doran much last Sunday but mostly I think due to him being not fully fit. Personally I would rather he had the week off and get him fully fit for Partick on Saturday. I also wouldn't risk leaving out Mckay, sure I understand he needs rested but we need him up front.

Mckay needs a rest for sure. Doesn't help he spends every game chasing nothing balls. When was the last time we created a 1v1 opportunity for Mckay in on goal..? I can't rememeber for sure.

Vincent has been a bombscare since his return from injury and it scares me that hughes sees something in him.

I'd have the team as below:

Brill

Raven--------------------------------------Warren------------------------------------------Meekings-----------------------------------------Shinnie

--------------------------------------------------Draper----------Tansey-----------Foran----------------------------------------------------------------

-------------Doran--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Williams---------

Mckay

*RE: Williams and Doran wide - Fed up of seeing doran cut in all the time and hog the space vincent/ross are to fill when in behind. So put him down the right and williams down the left to get some balls into Mckay and break out quicker.

>With 65-70 minutes gone bring on Watkins up top for Mckay.

>>Nick Ross on for Doran who will tire also around the 60 minute mark.

>>>Also feel rather bad for Devine leaving him out of the team as performed very well and wouldn't be to disapointed if he kept his place.

We definitely need to rest a few to avoid burnout. We've also been struggling for goals recently so no harm in experimenting with something different up front. I'd go with.

Brill

Raven   Warren   Meekings   Tremarco

Draper   Williams

Doran                              Ross

Greenhalgh   Christie

Edited by AlexJones

Brill

Meekings Warren Devine

Raven                                             Shinnie

Tansey Draper

Doran

McKay Foran

How would people feel about this?

Think it's quite obvious that a few of the players will be physically and emotionally drained after Sunday

Brill

Raven Devine Warren Tremarco

Draper Shinnie

Watkins Vincent Ross

Christie

Subs: Esson, Pepper, Meekings, Foran, Doran, Tansey, Mckay

Edited by BA

I thought that Devine was excellent in the final and i would love to see him start. I agree with people that Billy needs a rest but who is going to take his place?

Id go with:

Brill

Raven Devine Meekings Shinnie

Draper    Foran

Christie    Tansey   Doran     

McKay

Subs: Esson, Warren, Tremarco, Vincent, Watkins, Williams, Greenhalgh

I'd Save Billy the trip and the battering in the back he'd get from Macmanus. Cant really call team because we have good competition for places but would go with.

Brill

Raven Devine Warren(just to rest josh) Shinnie

Draper Tansey

Doran Ross Watkins

Foran

Subs -no idea happy whoever we rotate in squad.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle
  • 12 Brill
  • 02 Raven
  • 03 Shinnie
  • 08 Draper
  • 14 Devine
  • 06 Meekings
  • 04 Vincent
  • 09 Foran
  • 10 Doran
  • 07 McKay
  • 16 Tansey