Motherwell -V- Inverness C.T.

Scotty

Could our Motherwell match be moved to the 12th April  as its Scottish cup semi final weekend, instead of being squeezed into yet another midweek fixture on Tuesday the 1st. April

Neither teams are in the semis and both are in the top six.

Edited by 12th Man

Could our Motherwell match be moved to the 12th April  as its Scottish cup semi final weekend, instead of being squeezed into yet another midweek fixture on Tuesday the 1st. April

Neither teams are in the semis and both are in the top six.

That's actually a good point you've raised but the SPFL being the SPFL I doubt it.

we can only score if we shoot and on target, we are at IMO where we were at the early part of our last visit to div 1 ,

I has a friend with me at last home game and also at final who said at finial with Doran on at least someone will shoot at goal

to be fair not totally true but those at recent matchs  may see what he thinks

That said we are top 6 and reached a Cup final that is great

just think this season was the one we had all the chances for more

Edited by CaleyTom

What I find most amazing is how so many posters only ever appear on the forums when the team have a few bad results.

Given how that only happens a couple of times a season, then I'd judge that all in all the team are doing pretty well.

• Agree 2

I was one of the 53.  :thumbup:

Hughes is very much trying to drum this passing philosophy onto the players and there's nothing wrong with that, but we seem to be passing it for the sake of it now.  Even at 2-0 down we were passing around the defence and back to the keeper, when we really need to get the ball forward and we still seem to run out of ideas in the final third and attempt to pass the ball into the net.

Ryan Christie was very very impressive as others have said.  I think he'll be our Andrew Shinnie talisman-in-the-hole player very soon indeed.

• Agree 1

What I find most amazing is how so many posters only ever appear on the forums when the team have a few bad results.

Given how that only happens a couple of times a season, then I'd judge that all in all the team are doing pretty well.

Drunk on a school night lol

..the same could be said for the happy clappers response to each solitary point gained.

I appreciate you cannot criticise any club personnel given the importance of good relations (same goes for others on here) but there's no need to throw yourself heroically in front of bullets for them either by being so dismissive of fans with opposing views.

In your opinon CaleyD, how many hours of football should we play without scoring a goal before questioning the head coaches tactics?  Into double figures?  You yourself just said 'I'd judge that all in all the team are doing pretty well.' so I assume it's more than 8 hours.

Passing back to the goalie? Shudder.

As many of you will by now know, I can't stand that and the full backs passing sideways to each other either. It sends a terrible message to the opposing team that we have run out of ideas, or are afraid to take responsibility for making a pass forward .Back and forth,. Back and forth....

This seemed to be a  fixture at Vancouver Whitecaps last season and where did they end up?----nowhere.

HEh! Guys! the goal is down that end, not backwards.

If attack is the best form of defence then  let's get the ball down the park.

• Agree 1

That is an interesting post by jrict - at least it has some rationale for the criticism and hones in on the present and tactics - must have been looking at some of mine - although I note that Mary does not wholly agree.

It may be too late now but there are some questions that I would be interested in gaining response for:

It sounds more like a 3-5-2-1 formation which would be suicide away from home - cant see Raven as being a marauding wing back although Shinnie I can.

Foran and Draper as defensive midfielders is fine. Tansey as the ball player is fine but he has to be in front of the other two. The job of Foran and Draper should be relatively simple in that is should regularly be a simple pass - aiming at the "feet" of Tansey, Doran, Vincent and McKay or over the top to McKay (he made some great off the ball runs in the final but people in front of him were looking sideways and not with their heads up). Doran should be hugging the feckin touchline. I always feel that we play better when we play and use width. That is why the 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-1-1 has always worked for us.

Tansey and Vincent should never be played wide - Tansey is a central midfielder and I feel that Vincent is either that or more of a defensive midfielder.

We are missing the Andrew Shinnie type player and we have tried a few and they have not got exactly what it takes - Ryan Christie could do and should be given that chance. But that would need the width and the movement as it would be useless lobbing and hoofing - hence the tactics of passing - problem is that we are not passing quickly enuff, in to space and moving forward and supporting.