Should Hughes be SACKED?

Guest Mahonio

Look CaleyD, as a former mod, I do actually respect you so don't want to fall out with you but felt your post was aimed to drive me away from forum, maybe I misunderstood your post but I know ilpadrino was aiming for me to go away, his post was something along lines of "you said you weren't going to post again, at least try and last a couple of hours", if that isn't trying to drive me away, I don't know what is. Ilpadrino has got his wish because as i said, I am not going to post on here much, due to not being on Internet as much as I was, it has nothing to do with people disagreeing with me or ilpadrino politely telling me to P off though.

I am being careful with what I post as I don't want banned, probably another reason for staying off this thread.

post-3-0-11935100-1395442758.jpg

• Agree 1

Should Hughes be sacked? No. When he's had a chance to build his own team, which may well be the one he has now, and he's still failing then yes. Since he came in we've lost five out of around fourteen games. In Butchers last fourteen games we lost five. Did anyone call for his head?

When will he get that chance? We have a squad signed up for next season with little scope for for the manager to build even if he had that ambition. So far he hasn't brought much to the club but we are stuck with him for the time being so I hope he can listen to others' advice and play to the strengths of the players we have.

Look CaleyD, as a former mod, I do actually respect you so don't want to fall out with you but felt your post was aimed to drive me away from forum, maybe I misunderstood your post but I know ilpadrino was aiming for me to go away, his post was something along lines of "you said you weren't going to post again, at least try and last a couple of hours", if that isn't trying to drive me away, I don't know what is. Ilpadrino has got his wish because as i said, I am not going to post on here much, due to not being on Internet as much as I was, it has nothing to do with people disagreeing with me or ilpadrino politely telling me to P off though.

I am being careful with what I post as I don't want banned, probably another reason for staying off this thread.

I have a pair of Lambretta shoes, and I used to have a parka.  Do they count, or am I off my rocker?

I'm never going to post on this thread again.  Ever.  Much.

• Agree 1

Guys! I've lost the plot as I think a few posters on 'ere have with this thread.

I've been trolling my mouse down this thread wondering when it would end and now I've got tennis elbow.

And the troll net has nothing in it except a couple of sardines so I may degenerate into a sardonic, salivating, sardine sandwich.

So long, succulent supper's ready to ensure I can survive.

And guys, please don't leave we need you to  add spice to the mix. Salt and pepper and all that. :laugh:

Mahonio.... it must have been very close indeed between you and Kevin Kline for that role in "A Fish Called Wanda" :wink:

Should Hughes be sacked? No. When he's had a chance to build his own team, which may well be the one he has now, and he's still failing then yes. Since he came in we've lost five out of around fourteen games. In Butchers last fourteen games we lost five. Did anyone call for his head?

When will he get that chance? We have a squad signed up for next season with little scope for for the manager to build even if he had that ambition. So far he hasn't brought much to the club but we are stuck with him for the time being so I hope he can listen to others' advice and play to the strengths of the players we have.

None of us know whats going to happen in next window. We may have players signed who become targets for other clubs with some cash. We may have players signed that will be let go because they dont feature in Yogi's plans. And even if none of that applies we still need a couple for cover. Especially a decent striker.

Guest Mahonio

Message to self: KEEP MOUTH SHUT IN FUTURE!!

Big 3 points with another good display according to ICT Twitter page.

Message to self: KEEP MOUTH SHUT IN FUTURE!!

Big 3 points with another good display according to ICT Twitter page.

So on the basis of a single game, you have decided Hughes should not be sacked.  So next week, if we lose, it will be back to 'sack Hughes'?  Hope you're never my boss.  It'd be like getting stuck in a revolving door.

• Agree 1

Hughes should be sacked if he tries to force the 4-1-4-1 formation on the team again. Now is not the time to make that change. Maybe using a pre season but right now we are geared towards reaping the rewards of our style under Butcher and again it showed today. Credit to him for changing things back today.

#SayNoTo4-1-4-1

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

How are Brora Rangers getting on this season Mahonio, mid table was your prediction was it not?

Anyway back on topic I'm delighted for Yogi after today's result

Yogi is here for the long haul and I'm 100% behind him

Dougal

Basically opinion seems to be broken down into several camps

Those who didn't want Hughes at any price and wanted him sacked regardless of what he may achieve

Those who were prepared to give him a go and who now think he should be sacked

Those willing to give him a chance

I will admit to being part of the third option for several reasons. Does anyone seriously think changing the manager now would instantly change things?. Hartley would have been just as much as a gamble as anyone despite some posters thinking he was the new messiah (what track record did he have?).All managers have periods when results do not go for you (Arsene Wenger anyone) but you do not build stability and the platform to take things forward but chopping and changing managers.

There were no really outstanding candidates queuing up for this post despite what people might think. We are not such a big club that we will get such candidates applying (Butcher was a big name but with limited managerial success).

Unless we get more supporters behind us, which was the most disappointing thing about yesterday, we will be a yoyo club, some good seasons and some not so good ones as you cannot keep overachieving year after year, as we are currently doing.

• Agree 1

Don't want to get into an argument with you again Renegade but what a question to ask!

Of course Kenny is going to give Hughes time as he was Kenny's choice and hasn't had long, I really don't understand this anti Hughes after only a few months into job.

That's problem nowadays, managers just don't get time!!!

Yet more wise words from Mahonio from a month ago !!

• Agree 1

Starchief

I think there are plenty of posters who would want sacked now. See the new manager thread when Hughes was appointed and after certain results. As for names cannot be bothered to look but this is just my opinion.