Should Hughes be SACKED?

Guest Mahonio

He should be sacked just to stop this thread!

Getting worse than Bannerman and Oddquine's ramblings about the referendum :amazed:

now, now. Don't exaggerate.  Nothing's more tedious than that.

With the possible exception of Dougal and the merger..

• Agree 3

Guest Mahonio

This thread is getting a bit OTT!!

I have to watch what I say as I got a slap on wrist the other day but I'm glad i've rarely posted this last while, maybe it IS time to close this thread and move on, no??

This thread is getting a bit OTT!!

I have to watch what I say as I got a slap on wrist the other day but I'm glad i've rarely posted this last while, maybe it IS time to close this thread and move on, no??

Think the thread went OTT with the first post.

Second poster got it bang on IMHO :whistle:

Guest Mahonio

The 1st post was a question, how many times do I have to say this!!

Guys only needed to say yes or no and say why they said yes/no, not start criticising me asking a question, thats whats annoying me about posts, If I had said "Hughes must go" as title, then criticism would be accepted.

I was willing to give Hughes time but ever since the 0-5 at Parkhead, that has changed!!

Yes, we reached Cup Final and top 6 again but that was guaranteed before Butcher left.

His record here is ridiculous, he was a defender and yet our defence is poor just now.

Hughes MUST GO imo!!

This is your OP Mahonio.  Sorry, but can't see any question marks in that.  The thread title may have a question mark attached but you make your position very clear in your post.  Your post was a strong criticism of the manager and was not a question.  If you don't like people disagreeing with you then you only have yourself to blame.

I'm glad you have posted something more positive about giving the youngsters more of a chance.  I'm sure most folk will agree with you on that.

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

I was willing to give Hughes time but ever since the 0-5 at Parkhead, that has changed!!

Yes, we reached Cup Final and top 6 again but that was guaranteed before Butcher left.

His record here is ridiculous, he was a defender and yet our defence is poor just now.

Hughes MUST GO imo!!

This is your OP Mahonio. Sorry, but can't see any question marks in that. The thread title may have a question mark attached but you make your position very clear in your post. Your post was a strong criticism of the manager and was not a question. If you don't like people disagreeing with you then you only have yourself to blame.

I'm glad you have posted something more positive about giving the youngsters more of a chance. I'm sure most folk will agree with you on that.[/quote

Look, I am not going to argue with you as it is boring other posters which isn't fair on them!

I posted what I did as my opinion, maybe this thread would have been better as a poll where posters could vote yes or no and then give reasons as to why they voted what they did, now please lets leave it at that and move on, thats what I am trying to do!!

Having listened to Hughes post-match interview tonight, all we got was two dozen cliches and all the stuff about what a wonderful bunch of lads we have. There was nothing whatsoever to suggest that he knows what is wrong with the team/tactics or that he know what to do about it.  Maybe he just keeps those things private. 

• Agree 2

"Too much water kills the plant and we keep telling the boys to go back to the well and they've done absolutely fantastic.

"I just felt tonight there was a little bit of fatigue, but we'll dress them up and get them ready to go again."

Hamilton really did us a favour in turning the big man down when he applied there.  Absolutely fantastic he says.

#togetherness

• Agree 1

Fine metaphor though,

however by just extracting that quote you completely misrepresent what Hughes is saying. He was talking about how we've had a lot of games in the last few weeks and the boys are a little fatigued.

Though perhaps a little squad rotation and giving the kids might help there.

Likes of Devine, Pepper, Polworth, Christie, Evans, Greenlagh and even Esson could all get a run out over the coming weeks. Nick Ross and Danny Williams coud start a few more.

Edited by iamthecaptain1