Should Hughes be SACKED?

Guest Mahonio

So there we have it! After 13 pages and over 300 replies an excellent case put forward by the chief prosecutor Mr Renegade. Ably countered by the "Captain" for the defence.IMHO the jury (the majority of fans) do not,and probably will not make a definitive ruling until the end of the season. When you look at the rather bizarre way the thread was started and its parallels to the equally bizarre "Butcher must go" one from three years ago, surely we can let it lie for a while and find something more positive to post about.

Guest Mahonio

Notice in match thread that another bust up between useless manager and a player, he is now losing dressing room, he has to go before it gets serious.

1 win in 9 is utterly ridiculous for a team who were winning more than they lost plus he lied when he said he would change NOTHING, well done to John for ruining our club and Kenny for appointing a failure!!

I don't mind a guy with principles, but he has to recognise that it isn't working and let go of some of those principles in recognition of the evidence. This was a fantastic, solid at the back, goalscoring team before Christmas and now we're predictable, leaky at the back and creating few chances. It isn't entertaining and it isn't a winning formula. Unfortunately, supporters at Falkirk, Hibs, Hartlepool would suggest that Hughes will not alter his philosophy whatever the consequences, so.....I'm not optimistic. What a waste of a cracking season.

• Agree 1

Notice in match thread that another bust up between useless manager and a player, he is now losing dressing room, he has to go before it gets serious.

Do you have any details of the bust up to come to the assumption that he has lost the dressing room ?

It's a results business John.......your results to date make Davie Moyes look like a managerial demi-god. With a bit of luck there might be a job more befitting of your skillset opening up in the Leith area shortly.....

Why is any of this a surprise? Same story as before. Why did the board give him the chance to destroy things with the same style which has failed elsewhere?

Interestingly (probably should read worringly) out of the dozen or so people I have spoken to only three may renew their season ticket if Hughes is here next season? Possibly a very expensive mistake and raises questions regarding the direction the club is looking to go.

If he is I won't be there. I said from the time he was appointed it was a cheap and wrong option. Pay peanuts you get monkeys. The Board would have been better leaving Shearer in charge on a temp basis till the end of the season.

How exactly anyone can back Hughes I don't know. I wanted to believe he'd identify his mistakes from past games but he just won't. I can't begin to understand how he can't recognise the faults so far nor how his coaching staff around him can't convince him to adapt his game plan.