Should Hughes be SACKED?

Guest Mahonio

It is a bit like WWE - there is a bunch of deeply devoted sweetie rustlers in one corner and a group of shitt stirring wingers in the other. Meanwhile the onlookers have deserted the thread in the same manner as the Old Filth, those staying on are trying to be sarcastic, dismissive or tangential.

I have tried my best so let's all leave the ring to the combatants

Good article, great spirit and full of the right attitude...........well said young man!

Very surprised nobody has posted this article featuring Gary Warren yet.... http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Warren-bought-in-to-Hughes-Total-Football-10042014.htm

If I was being cynical, I'd say it was being overlooked because it didn't fit with certain views...!!!

To the original question - no, for at least 3 years - give time to judge properly - I like a passing game with loads of posession - takes time to perfect.

3 years, regardless of results????

Well, if it's good enough for The Rangers...

Very surprised nobody has posted this article featuring Gary Warren yet.... http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Warren-bought-in-to-Hughes-Total-Football-10042014.htm

If I was being cynical, I'd say it was being overlooked because it didn't fit with certain views...!!!

Some won't have seen it, but it really is pretty standard player toeing the party line sort of stuff.  It has, of course, also been ignored by folk opposed to those with "certain views"!  "Togetherness" has broken out again and it appears everyone sees the article for what it is and sees no point on commenting on it.

• Agree 1

Some won't have seen it, but it really is pretty standard player toeing the party line sort of stuff.  It has, of course, also been ignored by folk opposed to those with "certain views"!  "Togetherness" has broken out again and it appears everyone sees the article for what it is and sees no point on commenting on it.

Many of us are not in a position to pick up the courier so, like me, probably never seen the article till it was linked here hence the no comment

If (as some have claimed) the players have no respect for, or fear of repercussions from, Yogi....why would they feel the need to be toeing any party line?

Just another example of the lack of logic in the manufactured and error strewn "facts" perpetuating from certain people.

If (as some have claimed) the players have no respect for, or fear of repercussions from, Yogi....why would they feel the need to be toeing any party line?

Just another example of the lack of logic in the manufactured and error strewn "facts" perpetuating from certain people.

:amazed:

Nowhere in my brief post have I made any suggestion or implication that players or Garry Warren specifically "have no respect for, or fear of repercussions from Yogi".  I'm therefore assuming your second paragraph is a comment on your first.  :tongueincheek:

And nowhere did I claim that you had...but your initial response was a defence of those who hold such views.

It's really easy (and lazy) to just dismiss information and/or try and build an opposing argument purely on the basis of knocking, or being spuriously dismissive of, the information/views being put forward by the opposition....just look at the "Better Together" campaign as a prime and current example.  It's just as easy (and lazy) to play noddy dog and follow along with the views and opinions formed by others without giving them any real thought for yourself.

The immediate assumption that a piece of information must be instantly branded a lie because it doesn't fit with a persons views or thinking is the most ridiculous example of that type of behaviour.

Interesting to hear Warrens views on 'total football', despite how shocking the results, manner of goals conceded or the online outcry from a typically submissive support was in reaction to it. 

CaleyD, the win up at the pikeys came about due to abandoning the tippy tappy sideways stuff up the middle that Hughes just a week ago was keen to promote. "Togetherness" hasnt come from Hughes footballing vision but the footballing vision of the fans and the previous manager, if you want to talk about dismissing information relevant to a discussion for the sake of having a knock, then ignoring how we played to get our last win and how it contradicts the pass-it-in-circles stuff Warren and Yogi love.is doing just that.

Hughes had to drop his own principles to bring us back on track, we aren't there because of them.

And nowhere did I claim that you had...but your initial response was a defence of those who hold such views.

It's really easy (and lazy) to just dismiss information and/or try and build an opposing argument purely on the basis of knocking, or being spuriously dismissive of, the information/views being put forward by the opposition....just look at the "Better Together" campaign as a prime and current example.  It's just as easy (and lazy) to play noddy dog and follow along with the views and opinions formed by others without giving them any real thought for yourself.

The immediate assumption that a piece of information must be instantly branded a lie because it doesn't fit with a persons views or thinking is the most ridiculous example of that type of behaviour.

You posted an article and took the opportunity to have a little dig at those who have, as you put it, "certain views".  My response was simply to point out that those who disagree with those views have also not commented on the article.  I have in no way, shape or form defended anyone holding a particular view point.  You have then come back and commented on my innocent reply as "just another example of the lack of logic in the manufactured and error strewn "facts" perpetuating from certain people."

That's a pretty strongly worded and wholly unjustified attack to which I responded briefly and light heartedly.  You have now responded in a way that fair takes the breath away with it's vitriol and rant about things which seem to be completely unrelated to the post you are responding to.  "Lazy, spuriously dismissive", not giving "any real thought", talk of things being "branded a lie".  Where on earth do you dig up all that from in response to my innocent little observation?

And what is all this about the "opposition"?  I wasn't aware there were two sides - if there are, can you please tell me what they are and which side you think I'm on.  I thought we all wanted what is best for ICT but simply have a wide spectrum of views on how that might be achieved. 

• Agree 5

What 'views' are we talking about?  That some, including me, don't think that Hughes is the man for the job based on results and past history?  I still hope I'm wrong.  There is no conspiracy.  I also don't expect Yogi to be sacked.  Even if we're rock bottom at Xmas, I suspect the Board will strongly hesitate.  Doesn't stop me (and everyone else) having a view if that's right or wrong. 

How many can honestly say that they weren't shouting for Brewster to go before the week that he did?  It's not disloyal or a conspiracy, just an opinion.  Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but we haven't been infiltrtated by a load of Hearts supporters that simply hate Hughes.  I quite like the guy.  Just not as a manager.

Warren might well enjoy training and playing under Hughes.  The question is: can Warren play total football?  I just can't see it.  Results also suggest he can't.  Maybe he needs time to develop into an Alan Hansen but I doubt it.  He looks more like a Terry Butcher or a John Hughes type of player to me.  And that's no bad thing.

It's some bizarre argument that those who are worried about Yogi are somehow football inepts.  Most of the talk is about tactics, after all.  Practical suggestions on how the team should be going forward have been put time and time again. It's not a case of knocking or being dismissive at all.  If I was being cynical, I'd say that was being overlooked because it didn't fit with certain views...!!!

Do I think ICT will improve with Hughes at the helm?  No.  Do you?  Whatever the answer, I'm sure it's based upon what's best for the club, even if you disagree with me.  And all views should be treated as such, instead of this vitriol.

• Agree 1

THE END

This thread will come to a natural end if or when the team on the park begin to entertain and enjoy success again. Should that happen then I doubt anyone will be interested in continuing to post on the thread.

In the meantime, I think it is bordering on outrageous that those who don't seem to have reservations about the manager want to censor debate by calling for the thread to be closed.

It seems to me that those who have doubts about the manager, while arguing their position, are generally respectful of the views of those who don't. On the other hand, many of those who believe Hughes is doing a good job seem to be intolerant of the opposing view even being voiced and describe reasoned and considered counter argument as vitriol simply on the basis that it does not accord with their own view.

There are a range of views among fans but there are no sides or factionalism other than in the minds of those who will brook no opinion other than their own. 

If anyone is offended by the mere existence of this thread the simple remedy for them is to ignore it at let the rest of us get on with debating what we each sincerely believe to be in the best interests of our club.

• Agree 4