Should Hughes be SACKED?

Guest Mahonio

On a lighter note I was tickled by Tichy's BEAR cartoon.  Very clever.,, finely tuned sense of humour, TBB. :clapping:

That will make it easier  for Yogi to "grin and bear It" I am sure.

And as for your questions, IHE, I will only bother to answer the last one because it woke me up and the answer to that one is an emphatic NO. He is an opportunist to the bone.

Although that might be his very undoing since  I am getting twinges of sympathy as I watch his face getting more ashen by the week. Learning life's lessons the hard way can be rough and " been there, done that' can sometimes allow you not to gloat --- at least not 100%.    :laugh:

Hate quotes Wine Shed Benefit Day Reviewed Claim but:

Laughing my head off (sorry) from a purely psychological perspective but your response actually supports my theory :lol: :lol: :lol: - fer feck sake read between the lines please - if you can. :blush:

Please look at aftermath of a narcissist on google as it feels that you - and the people who liked yer post - were co-dependents. Your expectations - as you stated - were grandiose and influenced by a very clever and evidently influential narcissist. :wave:

Steve Marsella the biggest loss - LOL 2

Hughes was not my first or second choice but he was probably the "safest" of what we had - and many had dodged it becos of the Butcher situation.

Jhesus - how can you say expectations were high AND realistic - book me in fer a chat !!

Let me ask some questions ?  - Should Butcher have stayed ? If he had would we have accomplished more ? Did his departure cause problems for ICT? Why did he leave ? AND FINALLY - did he really give a feck about ICT ?

I think this pretty much sums up the shallows of IHE's psychological 'insight', he stubbornly drags up our reactions to Butcher leaving as the major cause for this thread yet talks about the guy more than anybody.

Why do you want me to answer questions about Terry Butcher?  If I did enough digging around on here I could find you dozens of posts I made during the Barnsley debacle that mirrored my thoughts on his move to Hibs, I was right in saying he had taken us as far as he could but we needed somebody else to push us further.

Edited by clacher_holiday2

One of the negative outcomes of a relationship with a narcissist or any kind of uncaring person is the effect it has on our ability to find a new and healthy relationship. All too often, we come away from hurtful experiences feeling not only angry and betrayed, but afraid to get involved again. This lack of trust, of both others and ourselves, can keep us from finding the love we want.

While taking a break from relationships is often a good way of getting back in touch with your own needs, desires and values, it can become all too easy to simply avoid relationships altogether under the guise of any number of self-deluding excuses. You can tell yourself you’re too busy, you need some time to yourself or that you are sick of dating. But what often lies beneath those stories is a genuine fear of intimacy. After all, getting close to someone means we run the risk of getting hurt again.

There aren’t any statistics on this, but it seems likely that highly sensitive people would be particularly vulnerable to avoidance behaviour. We already feel overwhelmed by everyday life and need to retreat to recharge our batteries. And as we are often the targets of narcissists, getting involved with someone new can be a daunting and frightening prospect.

This decision to avoid rather than face issues is often an unconscious choice. And it can manifest itself in a variety of self-defeating ways, including procrastination, denial, blaming others, criticising, keeping constantly busy, as well as maintaining physical distance from others. All of these behaviours are defence mechanisms that are intended to protect us from getting hurt, whether from being with someone who is selfish or being rejected by someone we care about. While it feels like the right thing to do at the time and usually reduces our anxiety at first, repeating these patterns only makes our anxiety worse. Trying to avoid something you fear doesn’t make the fear go away. It only makes you more fearful. It’s like believing that there’s a ghost in your closet. If you don’t open the door and look, you’ll always believe it’s there and spend your nights cowering under the covers.

Fear also causes us to push away even those people who care about us and avoid relationships that would ultimately bring us safety, love and happiness. So instead of avoiding, blaming, and living in denial of our fears, we have to face them. And we do that by becoming aware of our attempts to avoid getting hurt and by learning how to trust.

Trust comes with experience and knowledge. You wouldn’t automatically trust someone you just met. Or at least you shouldn’t. You need to get to know them and discover what they’re like over time. Consistent behaviour will tell you what kind of person they are. You also have to trust yourself. Trust that whatever happens, you will be okay. That’s the key. If someone does reject you, that doesn’t mean you are a bad person or that there is anything wrong with you. It means that person wasn’t right for you. And if you are willing to take that chance, you might find someone who really does care.

Break the cycle of fear and anxiety and avoidance by facing your fears and accepting that while some people may have hurt you in the past, that does not have to be the pattern of your future. Trust that you can look after yourself, and when someone caring comes along, you will be ready to accept their love with open arms.

Just thought I'd bump this in preparation for this evening.

That's a record home defeat and at least equalling our worst ever defeat full stop - with probably our best ever squad. How can anyone have faith that this guy is the right man for the job?

• Agree 1

But its an away game?

Yep, hence why I made two seperate points in my post. He's presided over our worst ever home defeat (5-0) and now equalled our worst ever defeat (6-0 v Airdrie) since he's taken over.

Embarrassing today, was willing to give him time but he has to go for me, not that I can see it happening. To be honest I don't know how he got the job, every other fan up and down the country gave a sympathetic laugh when we appointed him. What is the point in trying to bring this footballing ethos to a club that cannot afford technically brilliant players and to a country that is probably one of the most backwards in that footballing respect.

But its an away game?

Yep, hence why I made two seperate points in my post. He's presided over our worst ever home defeat (5-0) and now equalled our worst ever defeat (6-0 v Airdrie) since he's taken over.

Butcher lost 6-0 at Celtic too. But that was with a second string team out.

I'm not naive enough to believe that we as a team could remain in the top 3 all season due to our player budget and squad size compared to our rivals, but the fall from grace has been somewhat spectacular. From a team that seemed well organised at the back and played attractive counter attacking football we've seen the polar opposite in recent months where we now look brittle at the back and toothless up top. I previously stated i'd give him until after the Summer to judge him properly, but as the weeks have gone by i've felt more and more disillusioned with the same rhetoric being spouted as an excuse for us not getting the results with arguably the best squad we've ever assembled. I wanted to give the man time and to eat my words but now I think his time is up. The 27 pages in relation to this of this is somewhat deafening. The proverbial ball is now in the boards court.