Should Hughes be SACKED?

Guest Mahonio

With Hughes stating that he is not bringing anyone else in, I only see more of the same next year. Even less convinced now he is the man for the job although I do not see him being removed by the club. I can can only assume we are bottom 6 material for next season

Well I believe you were all warned !

You are a lucky man George...I am filled with dread at where this man is taking our team

Board must take its share of the blame -even the interview process was a shambles -I fear there's worse to come next season - I'm a firm believer you must strengthen after every campaign and what yogi has just now just ain't going to do it - the question remains how did these players turn so bad after butcher left -incredible !!

Guest Mahonio

George, if board don't act asap then they also haven't a clue.

This pish about getting Top 6 and to Cup Final isn't an excuse to stick by a dud, Butcher achieved that.

Plus, Hughes is a liar as he said that he "won't change ANYTHING" but change he has defo done.

I am very sorry to say that he HAS TO GO, nothing has changed since I started this thread. His record is ridiculous imo and interviews ain't much better!!

Edited by Mahonio

Does he know how to keep things tight when going to places like Celtic Park? I'd sack him tomorrow before we are on the end of three more humiliating defeats in the next three games. Otherwise, on this run of form it's a relegation survival battle next year.

Well I believe you were all warned !

You are a lucky man George...I am filled with dread at where this man is taking our team

Board must take its share of the blame -even the interview process was a shambles -I fear there's worse to come next season - I'm a firm believer you must strengthen after every campaign and what yogi has just now just ain't going to do it - the question remains how did these players turn so bad after butcher left -incredible !!

George my apologise I thought your initial post read "I believe" rather than I believe you were warned 

Edited by gordieict

Does he know how to keep things tight when going to places like Celtic Park? I'd sack him tomorrow before we are on the end of three more humiliating defeats in the next three games. Otherwise, on this run of form it's a relegation survival battle next year.

Did you not hear his interview he had a good game plan....he makes Brewster look like a tactical genius 

• Agree 1

Another shambles and more proof as to why hughes should be nowhere near this level of management. I just hope that the players dont get too downhearted about how the season has gone since hughes came in, they have shown numerous times they are as good as anyone in this league. What do you think the board are now thinking about his appointment? They wont admit to anything but surely internally they know how shocking a decision it was!

Terrible result today but John Hughes should and hopefully will be given time ....at least until end of December. Personally I admire the way he wants the ball to be passed from the back and feel he should stick with this way of playing. The many "experts" in the main stand who are desperate for the ball to be hoofed forward are, in my opinion, dinosaurs. 

Does anyone actually think we should be going away to celtic and winning? Now 6-0 is obviously terrible but with injuries I don't think we could have played for a draw. Naive yes but losing 6-0 while attempting to play a bit is no worse than losing 2 or 3-0 by parking the bus. Can we afford to sack a manager and who would actually want the job where the fans might turn on him in a matter of weeks?

• Agree 2

The phrase "by George" is a mild oath or exclamation that dates back to the early 1600's. Posts "by George" are by a childish oaf who needs extermination and dates back to the early 2014's,

You clearly are unable to contribute sensibly to this thread so why don't you go back to bed - pure drivel !!

Another shambles and more proof as to why hughes should be nowhere near this level of management. I just hope that the players dont get too downhearted about how the season has gone since hughes came in, they have shown numerous times they are as good as anyone in this league. What do you think the board are now thinking about his appointment? They wont admit to anything but surely internally they know how shocking a decision it was!

I'm afraid his record stands for its self ,immortal whatever his name is (stupid) likes him so that would account for the car crash of an appointment yogi has been.

Oh Christ we've turned into the other Glasgow team.

I am not a fan of Hughes but can he really be blamed for todays result. Today we faced the Scottish champions and couldn't even fill the bench. We played a team who are building for another Champions league qualification. A team with absolutely no pressure on them and playing for fun. I never expected to beat them but it is disappointing that we shipped so many. That bit is not down to the manager but the players on the field. Wasnt at the game but read two or three different reports that pretty much state we can play some good football. Trouble is we cant play against a team that is totally superior to us in every respect. And Lennon didn't hold back. He played the strongest side he had available to him.

What matters in the run in is not todays result. What matters is the results against teams that are pretty much equal to us. We took a point against Aberdeen. If we dont take points from our next three games then maybe its time to say goodbye to Hughes. Take points and he should be given a pre-season to see if he can achieve what he's set out to do.

With Hughes stating that he is not bringing anyone else in, I only see more of the same next year. Even less convinced now he is the man for the job although I do not see him being removed by the club. I can can only assume we are bottom 6 material for next season

Ok so who should we let go to make way for anyone coming in. I'm quite sure that if Hughes was given a budget to bring players in he would do. Our average home gates have dropped by quite a bit this season. They may well drop even further without Hearts next season. Where does the money come from to bring new players in?

• Agree 2

Does anyone actually think we should be going away to celtic and winning? Now 6-0 is obviously terrible but with injuries I don't think we could have played for a draw. Naive yes but losing 6-0 while attempting to play a bit is no worse than losing 2 or 3-0 by parking the bus. Can we afford to sack a manager and who would actually want the job where the fans might turn on him in a matter of weeks?

Of course, how could a club of our size and resources ever think of going away to Celtic and winning or even securing a draw. Impossible even to contemplate and it must be down to Yogi's tactical astuteness that we kept the score to a very respectable six.

• Agree 1

Oh Christ we've turned into the other Glasgow team.

I am not a fan of Hughes but can he really be blamed for todays result. Today we faced the Scottish champions and couldn't even fill the bench. We played a team who are building for another Champions league qualification. A team with absolutely no pressure on them and playing for fun. I never expected to beat them but it is disappointing that we shipped so many. That bit is not down to the manager but the players on the field. Wasnt at the game but read two or three different reports that pretty much state we can play some good football. Trouble is we cant play against a team that is totally superior to us in every respect. And Lennon didn't hold back. He played the strongest side he had available to him.

What matters in the run in is not todays result. What matters is the results against teams that are pretty much equal to us. We took a point against Aberdeen. If we dont take points from our next three games then maybe its time to say goodbye to Hughes. Take points and he should be given a pre-season to see if he can achieve what he's set out to do.

Ok so who should we let go to make way for anyone coming in. I'm quite sure that if Hughes was given a budget to bring players in he would do. Our average home gates have dropped by quite a bit this season. They may well drop even further without Hearts next season. Where does the money come from to bring new players in?

There's no doubt his promise to the board to work with the current squad got him the job and no compo helped - well done chairman .

Guest Mahonio

Yep Mr Cameron has to have balls to admit he was wrong and wield axe and put an Interim in charge for rest of season and take time to make RIGHT appointment.

I am curious to know George, who would you have as manager, I say Ian Murray with Charlie Christie as number 2?