Should Hughes be SACKED?

Guest Mahonio

Wasn't going to bite on this topic, but had to after some of the comments I have been reading (not just the ones I have quoted below).

I have my own opinion on our manager and I still sit quite uncomfortably on the fence. I dont believe in sacking a manager this early, but by the same token anyone who is arguing that there is nothing wrong is living in cloud cuckoo land !!!   There are aspects of his leadership that have me banging my head against a brick wall yet there are other areas where I do feel he is doing good ... or trying to, but overall, I would be lying if I did not say I was concerned for season 2014/15.   

He is also still trying to adapt the team so right now anything we get in matches is a bonus cause he is still trying to get his methods over to the team. Give the man some time him and Latapy were superb players and have done not too bad as managers we just need to show that we support them and not turn our backs on them after one bad defeat. If you aren't going to give him your support then that's fine but there is no need to say how bad he is constantly when you don't even go to the matches

Pre-Season is where you change your methods not halfway through what is until that point a successful looking season. If we were losing every game or playing badly I could understand it but there's an old adage that "if it aint broke, dont fix it" and that is basically what Yogi said when he came in ... then proceeded to try and fix it.  

Well the stats above like ICTRoughi posted show he got more points so yeah i do feel it was Hughes that got us Top 6. Well he did only score that peach in the semi final and set up quite a few goals since coming not as if that's a big deal in football scoring goals like. Still he needs time to adapt the players into his way of playing so why are judging him before we gets a proper chance to put forward his methods. What do you think we should do then????

Unless you are Barca, Real Madrid, Man City, or other uber-rich clubs where you can indeed go out and buy players to suit the system you want to play, or you are a team like say Ajax where the philosophy of 'total football' starts at the youth level then you dont adapt players to your style, you adapt the style to play to your players' strengths and minimise exposure of their weaknesses.

I think my worry now is that Hughes has taken ICT on as his "project" to prove to everybody that the Barca philosophy can be successfully employed in a Scottish context. Because he has now nailed his colours to the mast publicly, he's backed himself into a corner and will stubbornly stick to the "philosophy" whatever the results are telling him. We have now conceded countless goals from being caught in possession in the defensive third (another example was the penalty for Celtic on Saturday) - we do not have the players to play this style of game! My only hope is that he quietly sweeps the Barca thing under the carpet and gets back to playing football in the right areas of the pitch. Unfortunately, I don't think he will and we will be in a great deal of trouble next year! A real shame for a great team of players, playing in a successful style....

Please god NO !!!! This DOES NOT WORK unless you are actually Barca or another rich club as note above. Think Luvgravy posted it earlier in this or another thread but both of us had the misfortune to watch as former Dutch International Aron Winter, tried to do just this at Toronto FC. He had his unshakeable philosophy - the total football 433 system employed by Ajax - but this just does not work in MLS. MLS is not a 'silky' league, just like the SPFL is not, so you have to have horses for courses and be willing to switch up the tactics when Plan 'A' doesnt work. Yogi seems almost as unwilling to change his tactics when things are going pear-shaped as Aron Winter did .... and TFC started the 2013 season with 9 straight losses !!!

I know it's been disappointing to concede 11 goals in 2 games vs Celtic but I think you need to be a bit realistic here. We were playing against the best team in Scotland on their own turf and they are capable of doing it to many other teams. For what it is worth I was at Celtic Park last Sunday and I didn't think Celtic were good enough for six goal and I was very disappointed leaving CP watching ICT get humped, individual errors cost us and the fact we were missing David Raven, Richie Foran and Marley Watkins - we had 4 subs FFS, cuts us a bit of slack. Yogi should/will be given the summer and then I think he should be judged. It is far too soon IMHO.

For me its not the 11 goals ... well it is, but I agree with you that Celtic can do this to almost any team in Scotland on their day. What really concerns me is that we don't seem to learn from past mistakes, and not just in this game. How many games have we played where supporters who were at the game came back on here later to bemoan the tactics? playing with no wingers, or playing non-wingers out wide. not because of injury, but because 'the method' was more important than what was actually working or not working on the pitch.

Do I want him sacked? No I dont, I think it is too early for that, and he should have time - at the end of the season - to implement his own changes, but I have to say I am concerned. I met him briefly before Xmas and he seems to be a decent guy, but with all due respect to him, ICT is more important than any manager and if we start to slide next season then his position may quickly become untenable. 

• Agree 4

Guest Mahonio

Just why would Yogi walk ? Where on earth do you think he would get another job in football ?

Answer to both questions are 1) Eh because results aren't good enough, he knows full well that results will or should determine his future and 2) Thats his fault, his record isn't good enough but I reckon he may get another chance in England.

ICTRoughi - you correctly state:

"I know it's been disappointing to concede 11 goals in 2 games vs Celtic but I think you need to be a bit realistic here. We were playing against the best team in Scotland on their own turf and they are capable of doing it to many other teams."

Yet, a few days prior, ahead of our trip to Celtic, you thought very differently - and let's be honest, unrealistically and, if I may dare say, naively, predicting....

"I firmly believe if we play attacking minded football we could score a fair few."

It's ironic that you forecast one preposterous outcome, then try to defend the inevitable by calling for some 'realism'.

I wish I had the optimism you have, albeit, misplaced. I would certainly be a much less frustrated fan living in your world of sheer fantasy!

Sneckboy, you're absolutely correct to bring up my prediction from the pre match thread heading towards Celtic. Taking into account the game from last August and the fact that Celtic did go on to concede 3 goals vs Motherwell I genuinely believed that if we played the attack minded way we did vs Ross County, we could have scored few last Sunday. When I made the prediction I didn't know that we were going to be without David Raven and Marley Watkins. I also didn't factor that Celtic would have played to full strength against us because the league has already been sown up. In no way in predicting us to score a few vs Celtic see it as being preposterous.

When I talk about realism, I am just merely comparing the two sides and when Celtic are at full strength they can really damage a team - as we seen last Sunday. Celtic have the highest wage bill in Scotland and we probably have the lowest in the premiership. We couldn't fill the bench aswell.

It's noted that low number of posts from the predominantly negative, but NOT constructive, posters who rarely suggest any interesting solutions to the problem going forward other than the sacffold for John, signifies their lack of trepidity in launching into tirades of criticism against John Hughes and then long- serving posters like IHE who have brought a breath of fresh air into this website for many a year and more. Whose loyalty to the club is beyond reproach which includes enough loyalty to all new managers to accord them respect that they deserve of being given a fair time to make changes that may be beneficial in the long run.

Yet George,for example, with his impressive 28 posts doesn't think it prudent to curb his acrimonious and ultra critical tongue because he doesn't know diddly squat about the views of the main body of posters on here, many of whom are clearly not posting on this thread because they are heartily sick of the constant girning and whining of the few and can't be bothered to reply.

It's one thing to cry for rights to express an opinion but another to present it in such a lopsided way as to leave the impression that there is no way on earth that it will not fall off the table before the sun has set in the West. Especially when nothing they say in that vein will have the slightest effect on the decision of the Board to continue to follow their present course, regardless.

What we need here is thoughtful and FAIR posters who can see the wood for the trees, can curb their stifling negativity long enough to actually present some positive, uplifting and semi-practical solutions for consideration and development by all right-minded fans which also, of course, includes the fact that Mr Hughes will be staying for quite a while.

At this stage his sacking will achieve little of value and it might result in other so-called good managers getting apprehensive enough to NOT apply for the then vacant managerial position at ICT.

The Board is NOT going to react in the same way that they think because the members of the Board are mature business persons and rational and reasonable people NOT usually likely to go into orbit with knee jerk reactions. And NOT young bucks feeling their oats and letting that feeling overcome their brains.

You do raise an interesting point in amongst your waffling, where are all of the Hughes supporters?

I'm not sure where to start on the rest of this, at what point did Hughes earn this respect you say he deserves? You bring up IHE as an example of an established poster on here showing respect, yet IHE himself openly has more personal digs at our previous managers psyche than anyone else on here, how is that showing unqestionable respect?

Why assume that people are not posting on this topic because they think it is beneath them? I'd say its safe to assume most people on here are firmly on the fence on this issue and thats only after our rousing win up in Dingwall, after that Dundee United game the pitchforks were out in force. You have totally misread the vibes coming from the support as a whole.

"The Board is NOT going to react in the same way that they think because the members of the Board are mature business persons and rational and reasonable people NOT usually likely to go into orbit with knee jerk reactions. And NOT young bucks feeling their oats and letting that feeling overcome their brains."

I guess you could say the the board demonstrated some rational thought in bringing in a guy on the cheap, who had been shunned by the rest of Scottish football after multiple failures.

Tell me SP.. in all this talk of yours of being fair, rational, respectful and downright gentlemanly when discussing the merits and potential of Hughes, at what stage do you sit down and look over the stats? There has been a swing of 17 points and 1 trophy between ourselves and Aberdeen since Hughes took over, we were clear in 2nd place with games and points to spare, where are we now?I don't think any of the people interviewed could have got it so badly wrong . Like I said before I take no pleasure in seeing thistle get tanked every week . The fact remains yogi will stick to his guns and work with the squad he has (his words) the worry is that I fear for the very survival of thistle in the top flight if he remains in charge .end of!I think Mr Cameron got it badly wrong and needs to act asap before its to late!! Even Craig Levein or the inexperienced Paul Telfer wouldn't have been as shocking as Hughes is turning into.

As for no new signings, WTF!!!

Next seasons starting 11 will be more or less same as this but the squad will be bare.

My patience has been waring thin ever since last Celtic game.

I really hope lack of season tickets sold for next season is an indication to board that all is not well!!

So much for "best chairman" in league!!Gonna bite! Craig Levein I believe didnt wish considered for the job and how on earth do you know that we would be any better off with the inexperienced Mr Telfer? Unless youve got a crystal ball.

If you want to support a team that wins all the time I suggest you start supporting Celtic.That was ******* uncalled for!!

I don't believe what OCG said was uncalled for and maybe it's a bit of a reality shock for you.

In my opinion you're having a go at Kenny Cameron for no reason when he has no say what so ever in results on the pitch. If you ever listened to CaleyD on the CaleyThistle Podcast and he gave us an insight on the work Kenny Cameron does off the pitch for ICT.

Where has it been stated that there will be no new signings?

I know it's been disappointing to concede 11 goals in 2 games vs Celtic but I think you need to be a bit realistic here. We were playing against the best team in Scotland on their own turf and they are capable of doing it to many other teams. For what it is worth I was at Celtic Park last Sunday and I didn't think Celtic were good enough for six goal and I was very disappointed leaving CP watching ICT get humped, individual errors cost us and the fact we were missing David Raven, Richie Foran and Marley Watkins - we had 4 subs FFS, cuts us a bit of slack.

Yogi should/will be given the summer and then I think he should be judged. It is far too soon IMHO. So its not uncalled for telling me to go support Celtic just because I am annoyed at current form, this forum is seriously pissing me off.

Time for another break before I say something I regret.

Wonder who else will get told to support Celtic just for having a go at boss or will it just be the most hated person on here, me!!!

I can understand that you're pissed off at the fact at losing 6-0, trust me witnessing it in the flesh wasn't a fecking laugh.

The reason that OCG said for you to go and support Celtic because you're moaning at every bad little aspect. The reason I got involved in the first place is because I felt that you were unnecessarily having a go at the chairman for results that he has no input in - only appointing the manager.

Trust me, I have been on the forum after games (constructively) criticising the tactics we had seen vs Motherwell at the start of the month. I was really unhappy after 5-0 defeat vs Dundee United.

The guy has only been in the job for 4 months. Give the man in his own words "Give it a right good go" and if he fails then fair enough at least he is given the chance but who knows what happens after the summer window and pre season this might be a lot different.

I know times are tough right now being an ICT fan but we have to power through it.

• Agree 2

Wow, 32 pages since Sunday.  Must be since some seem convinced it was from one game. Of course before that it was the loss in the cup final, the 5-0 loss to Dundee U, the 5-0 loss to Celtic, the draw with Stranraer, the loss to Ross County and over and above everything, the truly awful poor home record since Hughes did his usual.

That's a hell of a lot of one-offs.

Do I think John Hughes has done a good job thus far? No.

Do I think he would rather lose with his system than win with Butchers? So far Yes.

Do I fear for next season? Yes.

Does he say things (or is put across in the media as having said things) which have annoyed me? Yes.

Do I think he'll be sacked before Christmas? No.

Have our results been relegation worthy since he arrived? Yes.

Do I want to see him fail? No.

Do I expect him to fail? Regrettably yes.

Do I hope he proves me wrong? Yes.

Do I wish people would stop quoting each other and making this thread impossible to follow on my phone? Yes.

Do I think doubting the manager makes you less of a supporter of the club? No.

• Agree 6

Do I think John Hughes has done a good job thus far? No.

Do I think he would rather lose with his system than win with Butchers? So far Yes.

Do I fear for next season? Yes.

Does he say things (or is put across in the media as having said things) which have annoyed me? Yes.

Do I think he'll be sacked before Christmas? No.

Have our results been relegation worthy since he arrived? Yes.

Do I want to see him fail? No.

Do I expect him to fail? Regrettably yes.

Do I hope he proves me wrong? Yes.

Do I wish people would stop quoting each other and making this thread impossible to follow on my phone? Yes.

Do I think doubting the manager makes you less of a supporter of the club? No.

Do I think you start a lot of questions with the word Do? Yes

Do I know how to quote your post and therefore continue the trend? No.

If you have an iphone you can press on the posters' post and it will come up with the option to quote them. Did I learn something from posting on this thread which had frankly become laborious? Yes. Thanks Iain.
  • Agree 1

I wouldn't say that I was one of the flaming torch and pitch-fork brigade, but this last result has got me worried.

Had I managed a team that had been horsed 5-0, the next time i played that opponent, I would have moved heaven and earth to show that the previous result had been an abomination. Even if it meant borrowing both Mourhino's buses and parking my own just behind them. I certainly wouldn't have tried to show that last time wasn't so bad by conceding more. And I wouldn't have compounded it all by saying I had a good plan because either;

a. It wasn't good           or

b. My players didn't carry it out

neither of which would be a ringing endorsement of my managerial skills.

Never mind, it could be worse. We could be Sevco or Hibs!

Guest Mahonio

It's noted that low number of posts from the predominantly negative, but NOT constructive, posters who rarely suggest any interesting solutions to the problem going forward other than the sacffold for John, signifies their lack of trepidity in launching into tirades of criticism against John Hughes and then long- serving posters like IHE who have brought a breath of fresh air into this website for many a year and more. Whose loyalty to the club is beyond reproach which includes enough loyalty to all new managers to accord them respect that they deserve of being given a fair time to make changes that may be beneficial in the long run.

Yet George,for example, with his impressive 28 posts doesn't think it prudent to curb his acrimonious and ultra critical tongue because he doesn't know diddly squat about the views of the main body of posters on here, many of whom are clearly not posting on this thread because they are heartily sick of the constant girning and whining of the few and can't be bothered to reply.

It's one thing to cry for rights to express an opinion but another to present it in such a lopsided way as to leave the impression that there is no way on earth that it will not fall off the table before the sun has set in the West. Especially when nothing they say in that vein will have the slightest effect on the decision of the Board to continue to follow their present course, regardless.

What we need here is thoughtful and FAIR posters who can see the wood for the trees, can curb their stifling negativity long enough to actually present some positive, uplifting and semi-practical solutions for consideration and development by all right-minded fans which also, of course, includes the fact that Mr Hughes will be staying for quite a while.

At this stage his sacking will achieve little of value and it might result in other so-called good managers getting apprehensive enough to NOT apply for the then vacant managerial position at ICT.

The Board is NOT going to react in the same way that they think because the members of the Board are mature business persons and rational and reasonable people NOT usually likely to go into orbit with knee jerk reactions. And NOT young bucks feeling their oats and letting that feeling overcome their brains.

You do raise an interesting point in amongst your waffling, where are all of the Hughes supporters?

I'm not sure where to start on the rest of this, at what point did Hughes earn this respect you say he deserves? You bring up IHE as an example of an established poster on here showing respect, yet IHE himself openly has more personal digs at our previous managers psyche than anyone else on here, how is that showing unqestionable respect?

Why assume that people are not posting on this topic because they think it is beneath them? I'd say its safe to assume most people on here are firmly on the fence on this issue and thats only after our rousing win up in Dingwall, after that Dundee United game the pitchforks were out in force. You have totally misread the vibes coming from the support as a whole.

"The Board is NOT going to react in the same way that they think because the members of the Board are mature business persons and rational and reasonable people NOT usually likely to go into orbit with knee jerk reactions. And NOT young bucks feeling their oats and letting that feeling overcome their brains."

I guess you could say the the board demonstrated some rational thought in bringing in a guy on the cheap, who had been shunned by the rest of Scottish football after multiple failures.

Tell me SP.. in all this talk of yours of being fair, rational, respectful and downright gentlemanly when discussing the merits and potential of Hughes, at what stage do you sit down and look over the stats? There has been a swing of 17 points and 1 trophy between ourselves and Aberdeen since Hughes took over, we were clear in 2nd place with games and points to spare, where are we now?I don't think any of the people interviewed could have got it so badly wrong . Like I said before I take no pleasure in seeing thistle get tanked every week . The fact remains yogi will stick to his guns and work with the squad he has (his words) the worry is that I fear for the very survival of thistle in the top flight if he remains in charge .end of!I think Mr Cameron got it badly wrong and needs to act asap before its to late!! Even Craig Levein or the inexperienced Paul Telfer wouldn't have been as shocking as Hughes is turning into.

Next seasons starting 11 will be more or less same as this but the squad will be bare.

I really hope lack of season tickets sold for next season is an indication to board that all is not well!!

So much for "best chairman" in league!!Gonna bite! Craig Levein I believe didnt wish considered for the job and how on earth do you know that we would be any better off with the inexperienced Mr Telfer? Unless youve got a crystal ball.

If you want to support a team that wins all the time I suggest you start supporting Celtic.That was ******* uncalled for!!

I don't believe what OCG said was uncalled for and maybe it's a bit of a reality shock for you.

In my opinion you're having a go at Kenny Cameron for no reason when he has no say what so ever in results on the pitch. If you ever listened to CaleyD on the CaleyThistle Podcast and he gave us an insight on the work Kenny Cameron does off the pitch for ICT.

I know it's been disappointing to concede 11 goals in 2 games vs Celtic but I think you need to be a bit realistic here. We were playing against the best team in Scotland on their own turf and they are capable of doing it to many other teams. For what it is worth I was at Celtic Park last Sunday and I didn't think Celtic were good enough for six goal and I was very disappointed leaving CP watching ICT get humped, individual errors cost us and the fact we were missing David Raven, Richie Foran and Marley Watkins - we had 4 subs FFS, cuts us a bit of slack.

Yogi should/will be given the summer and then I think he should be judged. It is far too soon IMHO.So its not uncalled for telling me to go support Celtic just because I am annoyed at current form, this forum is seriously pissing me off.

Wonder who else will get told to support Celtic just for having a go at boss or will it just be the most hated person on here, me!!! I can understand that you're pissed off at the fact at losing 6-0, trust me witnessing it in the flesh wasn't a fecking laugh.

The reason that OCG said for you to go and support Celtic because you're moaning at every bad little aspect. The reason I got involved in the first place is because I felt that you were unnecessarily having a go at the chairman for results that he has no input in - only appointing the manager.

Trust me, I have been on the forum after games (constructively) criticising the tactics we had seen vs Motherwell at the start of the month. I was really unhappy after 5-0 defeat vs Dundee United.

The guy has only been in the job for 4 months. Give the man in his own words "Give it a right good go" and if he fails then fair enough at least he is given the chance but who knows what happens after the summer window and pre season this might be a lot different.

I know times are tough right now being an ICT fan but we have to power through it.

So what if I moan, its a bloody forum, I can have an opinion and don't expect to be told to more or less **** off for having an opinion, its comments like her one which make me annoyed and tbh, I am getting sick of getting abuse every ******* time I post.

Have I ever told someone to go support some other team just for posting something that I disagree with? NO, I HAVEN'T so seeing that post made me feel unwelcome on this forum, posts like that are driving me away from this forum due to being "hated" or thats the way I see it because no-one has ever agreed with anything I post.

As a fan, I am entitled to call for a managers sacking just the same as you are allowed to back him, its not as if I am posting in a bad manner.

In fact, the only reason I swore in my post was to show that I was livid when I saw that post!!

Why assume that people are not posting on this topic because they think it is beneath them? I'd say its safe to assume most people on here are firmly on the fence on this issue and thats only after our rousing win up in Dingwall, after that Dundee United game the pitchforks were out in force. You have totally misread the vibes coming from the support as a whole."The Board is NOT going to react in the same way that they think because the members of the Board are mature business persons and rational and reasonable people NOT usually likely to go into orbit with knee jerk reactions. And NOT young bucks feeling their oats and letting that feeling overcome their brains."

If you want to support a team that wins all the time I suggest you start supporting Celtic.That was ******* uncalled for!!I don't believe what OCG said was uncalled for and maybe it's a bit of a reality shock for you.

Yogi should/will be given the summer and then I think he should be judged. It is far too soon IMHO.So its not uncalled for telling me to go support Celtic just because I am annoyed at current form, this forum is seriously pissing me off.

Wonder who else will get told to support Celtic just for having a go at boss or will it just be the most hated person on here, me!!!I can understand that you're pissed off at the fact at losing 6-0, trust me witnessing it in the flesh wasn't a fecking laugh.

I know times are tough right now being an ICT fan but we have to power through it.So what if I moan, its a bloody forum, I can have an opinion and don't expect to be told to more or less **** off for having an opinion, its comments like her one which make me annoyed and tbh, I am getting sick of getting abuse every ******* time I post.

Have I ever told someone to go support some other team just for posting something that I disagree with? NO, I HAVEN'T so seeing that post made me feel unwelcome on this forum, posts like that are driving me away from this forum due to being "hated" or thats the way I see it because no-one has ever agreed with anything I post.

As a fan, I am entitled to call for a managers sacking just the same as you are allowed to back him, its not as if I am posting in a bad manner.

In fact, the only reason I swore in my post was to show that I was livid when I saw that post!!Mahonio, I respect that you are allowed to have an opinion as much as anybody else. What you have to realise is that OCG's remark about you being better suited following Celtic was in essence a 'tongue in cheek' comment.

From where I am concerned I feel myself nor OCG are not giving you verbal abuse. If you feel like we are being abusive by all means report us and let the mods deal with us. If you want to talk about verbal abuse, I found your comments towards Kenny Cameron to be abusive and frankly unnecessary.

I read the lengthy posts made by Renegade, DoofersDad, Kingsmills etc I to a certain degree share some aspects of concern with regarding tactics and results however where I differ from that is that I genuinely believe that with the pre season and a few additions to the squad we should hopefully come out the better for it. As the saying goes 'Rome wasn't built in a day'

Edited by ICTRoughi

Guest Mahonio

All I meant was that he got appointment wrong so how the **** can that be abusive?

Plus, whats point in reporting it because as usual, they won't do anything, in fact, I will probably get dealt with for "Swearing"!

Why assume that people are not posting on this topic because they think it is beneath them? I'd say its safe to assume most people on here are firmly on the fence on this issue and thats only after our rousing win up in Dingwall, after that Dundee United game the pitchforks were out in force. You have totally misread the vibes coming from the support as a whole."The Board is NOT going to react in the same way that they think because the members of the Board are mature business persons and rational and reasonable people NOT usually likely to go into orbit with knee jerk reactions. And NOT young bucks feeling their oats and letting that feeling overcome their brains."

If you want to support a team that wins all the time I suggest you start supporting Celtic.That was ******* uncalled for!!I don't believe what OCG said was uncalled for and maybe it's a bit of a reality shock for you.

Wonder who else will get told to support Celtic just for having a go at boss or will it just be the most hated person on here, me!!!I can understand that you're pissed off at the fact at losing 6-0, trust me witnessing it in the flesh wasn't a fecking laugh.

I know times are tough right now being an ICT fan but we have to power through it.So what if I moan, its a bloody forum, I can have an opinion and don't expect to be told to more or less **** off for having an opinion, its comments like her one which make me annoyed and tbh, I am getting sick of getting abuse every ******* time I post.

In fact, the only reason I swore in my post was to show that I was livid when I saw that post!!Mahonio, I respect that you are allowed to have an opinion as much as anybody else. What you have to realise is that OCG's remark about you being better suited following Celtic was in essence a 'tongue in cheek' comment.

From where I am concerned I feel myself nor OCG are not giving you verbal abuse. If you feel like we are being abusive by all means report us and let the mods deal with us. If you want to talk about verbal abuse, I found your comments towards Kenny Cameron to be abusive and frankly unnecessary.

I read the lengthy posts made by Renegade, DoofersDad, Kingsmills etc I to a certain degree share some aspects of concern with regarding tactics and results however where I differ from that is that I genuinely believe that with the pre season and a few additions to the squad we should hopefully come out the better for it. As the saying goes 'Rome wasn't built in a day'

Oh **** lol

All I meant was that he got appointment wrong so how the **** can that be abusive?

Plus, whats point in reporting it because as usual, they won't do anything, in fact, I will probably get dealt with for "Swearing"!

It was your comment:- "So much for 'best chairman' in the league" I see that as a having a dig at him because you feel like he isn't doing a good job purely because he appointed John Hughes. I previously referred you to the CaleyThistle podcast where CaleyD pretty much blows what you have said out of the water on what Kenny Cameron does for the club.

Guest Mahonio

I didn't say he isn't doing a good job for **** sake!!

All I said was that he got appointment wrong so how the hell is that saying he isn't doing a good job.

Ffs, you are seriously testing my patience!!

I didn't say he isn't doing a good job for **** sake!!

All I said was that he got appointment wrong so how the hell is that saying he isn't doing a good job.

Ffs, you are seriously testing my patience!!

Again it was your sarcastic comment: "So much for 'Best Chairman' in the league" Why would you say that about the chairman if you think he was doing a good job? You obviously have your doubts to make such a statement.

Lots and lots of colours

Sometimes when you're in a hole, it's best to stop digging.

I'd love Hughes to be a success, but I'm getting increasingly worried by his failure to see what's going on in-front of him isn't working.  The form under him has been terrible, the stats don't lie.  The "back Hughes to the hilt" brigade from what I can see seem to no longer come up with a reasonable argument, yet here we have someone who actually thinks he's done a good job!  The stats don't lie, and that's how the more skeptical fans have credence here.  They can back their points with stats and results, the other side can't.

It'll be interesting to see how this thread looks on Saturday night, should we receive yet another thrashing.  Something I'm afraid I can see happening yet again.  How long will it be before "giving him time" is no longer a feasible option?

Edited by Renegade

Well, it is certainly turning out to be quite a colourful thread! :lol:

Mahonio--I don't think anybody hates you. But getting very angry and using asterisks to swear and that sort of thing means you are getting a bit too angry, frustrated and wild. If you really think you are right why not try to use your reasons to win the day and let the chips fall where they may. Everybody is getting all hett up and frustrated but  it's great to just get it off your chest and then move on I find. If your next post is moderate and nice then I will deffo give you a "like".

To be truthful, I also find the constant copying and pasting of other people's posts on each new post to be  so wasteful of space and makes the thread so long. And as a vision-impaired person, having to scroll through all this stuff is a mind-boggling experience. Doesn't anyone on here realise that we have already read all of them once and there is no need to repeat the anguish. 

I mean , to repeat long-winded posts like those from the Scarlet Pimple fella must be just soul destroying..like.    :wink:

It's only a game isn't it? yes or no?

• Agree 3