Should Hughes be SACKED?

Guest Mahonio

It's noted that low number of posts from the predominantly negative, but NOT constructive, posters who rarely suggest any interesting solutions to the problem going forward other than the sacffold for John, signifies their lack of trepidity in launching into tirades of criticism against John Hughes and then long- serving posters like IHE who have brought a breath of fresh air into this website for many a year and more. Whose loyalty to the club is beyond reproach which includes enough loyalty to all new managers to accord them respect that they deserve of being given a fair time to make changes that may be beneficial in the long run.

Yet George,for example, with his impressive 28 posts doesn't think it prudent to curb his acrimonious and ultra critical tongue because he doesn't know diddly squat about the views of the main body of posters on here, many of whom are clearly not posting on this thread because they are heartily sick of the constant girning and whining of the few and can't be bothered to reply.

It's one thing to cry for rights to express an opinion but another to present it in such a lopsided way as to leave the impression that there is no way on earth that it will not fall off the table before the sun has set in the West. Especially when nothing they say in that vein will have the slightest effect on the decision of the Board to continue to follow their present course, regardless.

What we need here is thoughtful and FAIR posters who can see the wood for the trees, can curb their stifling negativity long enough to actually present some positive, uplifting and semi-practical solutions for consideration and development by all right-minded fans which also, of course, includes the fact that Mr Hughes will be staying for quite a while.

At this stage his sacking will achieve little of value and it might result in other so-called good managers getting apprehensive enough to NOT apply for the then vacant managerial position at ICT.

The Board is NOT going to react in the same way that they think because the members of the Board are mature business persons and rational and reasonable people NOT usually likely to go into orbit with knee jerk reactions. And NOT young bucks feeling their oats and letting that feeling overcome their brains.

You do raise an interesting point in amongst your waffling, where are all of the Hughes supporters?

I'm not sure where to start on the rest of this, at what point did Hughes earn this respect you say he deserves? You bring up IHE as an example of an established poster on here showing respect, yet IHE himself openly has more personal digs at our previous managers psyche than anyone else on here, how is that showing unqestionable respect?

Why assume that people are not posting on this topic because they think it is beneath them? I'd say its safe to assume most people on here are firmly on the fence on this issue and thats only after our rousing win up in Dingwall, after that Dundee United game the pitchforks were out in force. You have totally misread the vibes coming from the support as a whole.

"The Board is NOT going to react in the same way that they think because the members of the Board are mature business persons and rational and reasonable people NOT usually likely to go into orbit with knee jerk reactions. And NOT young bucks feeling their oats and letting that feeling overcome their brains."

I guess you could say the the board demonstrated some rational thought in bringing in a guy on the cheap, who had been shunned by the rest of Scottish football after multiple failures.

Tell me SP.. in all this talk of yours of being fair, rational, respectful and downright gentlemanly when discussing the merits and potential of Hughes, at what stage do you sit down and look over the stats? There has been a swing of 17 points and 1 trophy between ourselves and Aberdeen since Hughes took over, we were clear in 2nd place with games and points to spare, where are we now?

I don't think any of the people interviewed could have got it so badly wrong . Like I said before I take no pleasure in seeing thistle get tanked every week . The fact remains yogi will stick to his guns and work with the squad he has (his words) the worry is that I fear for the very survival of thistle in the top flight if he remains in charge .end of!

I think Mr Cameron got it badly wrong and needs to act asap before its to late!! Even Craig Levein or the inexperienced Paul Telfer wouldn't have been as shocking as Hughes is turning into.

As for no new signings, WTF!!!

Next seasons starting 11 will be more or less same as this but the squad will be bare.

My patience has been waring thin ever since last Celtic game.

I really hope lack of season tickets sold for next season is an indication to board that all is not well!!

So much for "best chairman" in league!!

Gonna bite! Craig Levein I believe didnt wish considered for the job and how on earth do you know that we would be any better off with the inexperienced Mr Telfer? Unless youve got a crystal ball.  

If you want to support a team that wins all the time I suggest you start supporting Celtic.

• Agree 2

John "Yogi" Hughes should NOT be sacked for a number of REASONS

• He got us top 6 and before you say it was secured with butcher it wasn't cause he was only in charge for about 12 games

As mentioned in the thread, we only needed seven points.  Hardly a triumph in that case.  Are you also not worried that when he took over, we were second and going strong but have now plummeted to fifth, with sixth looking a real possibility.  Hughes's points ratio since he came is 22 points in 22 games.  That's relegation form.

• He got us to a final where we so easily could have beaten the sheep in it

If it was so easy, we didn't we do it?  He also won one match, on penalties, against what must be the worst Hearts side in decades and we even nearly bottled that.

[*]He has kept all our players at the club and the only way they will be leaving is for money which is great business on his part

Only Draper and Vincent have re-signed under Hughes, hardly "all our players" as you call it.  Most contract renewals are dealt with by the chairman as well.

• He is on course to set a new points record for us 

The points ratio under Butcher was much better than Hughes.

• Judas only got us 22 points so who must have gotten us the 31 points?

As mentioned previously, Hughes has 22 points in 22 games.  That's relegation form.

• He made a brilliant signing in Greg Tansey for free which has helped us massively in our matches 

Brilliant?  He's been good, but he's not been fantastic.

All these points show how much Hughes has helped us so i don't see why you all want rid of him i mean sure we are going through a bad stage right now but really we have just been spoilt over the last two seasons in what we have achieved so obviously as soon as we start to lose it looks really bad but look back a few seasons ago at how bad we were, no wins against aberdeen now we are winning. No wins in dingwall in the league for yonks and it's Hughes who changes that twice not butcher Hughes.

The points do not show how "Hughes has helped us" at all.  I don't understand the point you're making about Aberdeen, Hughes has only beaten them once and Ross County are garbage.  The fact they're our rivals shouldn't matter.

He is also still trying to adapt the team so right now anything we get in matches is a bonus cause he is still trying to get his methods over to the team.

Why should we just be happy for a bonus?  Why does the team need adapted, when it was going strong when he took over?  Isn't pre-season the time to change tactics.  Doing it mid-season is absolutely ridiculous and not working.

Give the man some time him and Latapy were superb players and have done not too bad as managers we just need to show that we support them and not turn our backs on them after one bad defeat. If you aren't going to give him your support then that's fine but there is no need to say how bad he is constantly when you don't even go to the matches

Latapy was a superb player, Hughes was a good player, but no world beater, but that has nothing to do with it.  Also, there previous records are not good at all.  Latapy was sacked by the Trinidad and Tobago FA and failed to get them to the Gold Cup.  Hughes failed everywhere but Falkirk and even then it wasn't exactly fantastic, they were almost relegated, bottled the cup final with the general consensus being that he would have been sacked had they not gotten there.  It's also interesting that their fans don't seem to rate him at all, despite being this "success" that everyone goes on about.  Hughes first became a manager 11 years ago.  He's done essentially nothing in that time.

Oh and for the record, I've only missed one match since Hughes took over.  

Our team has had many bad injury's and suspensions to deal with which TB never did that's why his points per game is much better.

We started off in the semi final by playing with TB's tactics but when the game was going sour it was Yogi Time and he stepped up to the mark and triumphed. The reason we didn't win the final was cause none of our players had ever dealt with crowds like that before so when it came to penalty's they got nervous simple also aberdeen set up for the draw cause they knew they could on penalty's.

Fine then but if you look at how crucial draper is to our cause then you must agree with me that keeping him will be crucial in our push for europe next season.

Points wise yes TB's may be better per game but he named the same starting XI for 7/8 games in a row so of course they would be doing well

Tansey even though he only came in January he's been one of better players through-out the season  

I'm trying to show how far we have come in such a short space of time and how much further we can go if we just trust the man in charge, on the subject of county anything can happen in a derby and if you say they are garbage how did they beat us on new year's

When teams go through a transitional stage when they are use to playing a certain way sometimes it doesn't work this time it doesn't but the players are all for it which is great cause it shows they are fully behind Hughes and so should we.

You're right i mean Hughes getting Hibs Europe is nothing what so ever, also Hartlepool fans are very grateful for him to try and attempt to save them, they were dead and buried but he came in and nearly saved them from relegation.

I'm just pointing out that you will find fans who don't even go to games have an opinion on them even though they were not there only because they are pro yogi out 

• Agree 1

Our team has had many bad injury's and suspensions to deal with which TB never did that's why his points per game is much better.

So Hughes's godawful tactics have nothing to do with it?

We started off in the semi final by playing with TB's tactics but when the game was going sour it was Yogi Time and he stepped up to the mark and triumphed.

So when things are going badly, it's because it was Butcher's tactics, but when we got lucky it was "Team Yogi".  What?!

The reason we didn't win the final was cause none of our players had ever dealt with crowds like that before so when it came to penalty's they got nervous simple also aberdeen set up for the draw cause they knew they could on penalty's.

So we lost because of the crowd, not because we didn't attack whatsoever?  I presume by your logic then, we must never have won against the Old Firm because they have much bigger crowds.  I take it as well that Raith Rovers and the like mustn't have won cups either then?  After all, they've never been used to big crowds!

Fine then but if you look at how crucial draper is to our cause then you must agree with me that keeping him will be crucial in our push for europe next season.

If Hughes's record continues next season we'll be pushing to get out of the relegation zone. 

Points wise yes TB's may be better per game but he named the same starting XI for 7/8 games in a row so of course they would be doing well

Why did Hughes not carry on what Butcher was doing then?

Tansey even though he only came in January he's been one of better players through-out the season  

Agreed, a good signing and that's coming from someone who didn't rate him the first time round.

I'm trying to show how far we have come in such a short space of time and how much further we can go if we just trust the man in charge,

How far we've come?  We've gone backwards!

on the subject of county anything can happen in a derby

Also helps that they're totally garbage!

and if you say they are garbage how did they beat us on new year's

We were even more garbage!

When teams go through a transitional stage when they are use to playing a certain way sometimes it doesn't work this time it doesn't

Where was the need to change it?

but the players are all for it which is great cause it shows they are fully behind Hughes and so should we.

The players are not all up for it at all.

You're right i mean Hughes getting Hibs Europe is nothing what so ever, also Hartlepool fans are very grateful for him to try and attempt to save them, they were dead and buried but he came in and nearly saved them from relegation.

He was a great Hibs player yet their fans don't rate him as a manager at all and he was sacked.  I think that tells you everything.  He was sacked at Hartlepool as well, so they obviously didn't think he was that good.  I had a look at their fan site once as well and some of them didn't seem to rate him at all.

The reason we didn't win the final was cause none of our players had ever dealt with crowds like that before so when it came to penalty's they got nervous simple also aberdeen set up for the draw cause they knew they could on penalty's.

When did Aberdeen last play in front of a crowd like that?  They suffered with the pressure alot more than we did until the spot kicks.  We almost beat Celtic down there early in the season in front of more people.

The rest of your points about Hughes positive influence on affairs are laughable, the stats don't lie.

I can't think of anything positive that has come from the Hughes era besides wins over Ross County, which we've been doing for 20 years anyway.

Scarlet- I did actually ask somebody from the trust earlier on this thread how I would go about having the chairman answer some questions about the recruitment process and never got a reply.

Agree with IHE- the next CaleyD round-table chat should be with the chairman, its possible to ask serious questions without being cheeky about it or offending, it would certainly shut a few of us up if KC can tell us what the plans are going forward.

• Agree 1

The Hughes' defence committee's arguments get more absurd by the minute.  In order to get to the final, the players had to win a semi-final.  This was played in a much bigger ground than our own and was mostly occupied by fans from the opposition.  They had also played at the final venue against Celtic with a large and voiciferous opposition support. 

In the semi-final the team got through by winning a penalty shoot out by scoring some pretty impressive spot kicks.  Having watched those, there is absolutely no way Aberdeen would have set up for a penalty shoot out.

I very much want Yogi to suceed.  I can understand the argument that Yogi should be given time despite the disappointing results and perfomances, but what I can't understand is this attitude of denial and absurd justifications for things not going as we would like.  I would love to see a constructive defence of Hughes but sadly nobody can offer one.  Hopefully the final few games will give some objective evidence that Hughes might be able to take the club forward next season.

• Agree 2

No cause he had to change formations when the players became injured

We started off in the semi final by playing with TB's tactics but when the game was going sour it was Yogi Time and he stepped up to the mark and triumphed.

So when things are going badly, it's because it was Butcher's tactics, but when we got lucky it was "Team Yogi".  What?!

Yes we have done well using TB's tactics but sometimes like the semi final they  just won't work

So we lost because of the crowd, not because we didn't attack whatsoever?  I presume by your logic then, we must never have won against the Old Firm because they have much bigger crowds.  I take it as well that Raith Rovers and the like mustn't have won cups either then?  After all, they've never been used to big crowds!

​When it came to the penalty's it was quite evident that our players struggled cause off all the noise 

If Hughes's record continues next season we'll be pushing to get out of the relegation zone. 

Where is your optimism you seen how good we played against Aberdeen not even two weeks once Yogi gets the summer with them then we will be smashing teams!!!

Cause every manager has different playing styles 

Agreed, a good signing and that's coming from someone who didn't rate him the first time round.

Well since he is now one of our best mid-fielders i would say a brilliant signing for free aswell  

I'm trying to show how far we have come in such a short space of time and how much further we can go if we just trust the man in charge,

Yes that's why we are only 2 points away from breaking our points record isn't it....

on the subject of county anything can happen in a derby

Kiss isn't 

and if you say they are garbage how did they beat us on new year's

Fair point but if things had gone our way not theirs we would have been fine

When teams go through a transitional stage when they are use to playing a certain way sometimes it doesn't work this time it doesn't

Cause he wanted to 

but the players are all for it which is great cause it shows they are fully behind Hughes and so should we.

Who doesn't then 

He was a great Hibs player yet their fans don't rate him as a manager at all and he was sacked.  I think that tells you everything.  He was sacked at Hartlepool as well, so they obviously didn't think he was that good.  I had a look at their fan site once as well and some of them didn't seem to rate him at all.

He got off to a bad start so Petrie was too quick to bin him like other managers 

Thing is i wonder what the board think about Hughes and the job he has done.

They won't say in public. The first hint you will get that they are not happy is giving Yogi his P45

The first hint's usually a resounding 'vote of confidence' is it not?

That's more of a media thing. They ask if a manager is for the hook, the board say no, they are happy with the manager.

The vote of confidence is a sign that others are not happy. The bullet is a sign the board ain't happy. And a media circus is a hint that Vincent Tan isn't happy.

I think my worry now is that Hughes has taken ICT on as his "project" to prove to everybody that the Barca philosophy can be successfully employed in a Scottish context. Because he has now nailed his colours to the mast publicly, he's backed himself into a corner and will stubbornly stick to the "philosophy" whatever the results are telling him.

We have now conceded countless goals from being caught in possession in the defensive third (another example was the penalty for Celtic on Saturday) - we do not have the players to play this style of game!

My only hope is that he quietly sweeps the Barca thing under the carpet and gets back to playing football in the right areas of the pitch. Unfortunately, I don't think he will and we will be in a great deal of trouble next year! A real shame for a great team of players, playing in a successful style....

NO NEED TO CHANGE IT!

Guest Mahonio

It's noted that low number of posts from the predominantly negative, but NOT constructive, posters who rarely suggest any interesting solutions to the problem going forward other than the sacffold for John, signifies their lack of trepidity in launching into tirades of criticism against John Hughes and then long- serving posters like IHE who have brought a breath of fresh air into this website for many a year and more. Whose loyalty to the club is beyond reproach which includes enough loyalty to all new managers to accord them respect that they deserve of being given a fair time to make changes that may be beneficial in the long run.

Yet George,for example, with his impressive 28 posts doesn't think it prudent to curb his acrimonious and ultra critical tongue because he doesn't know diddly squat about the views of the main body of posters on here, many of whom are clearly not posting on this thread because they are heartily sick of the constant girning and whining of the few and can't be bothered to reply.

It's one thing to cry for rights to express an opinion but another to present it in such a lopsided way as to leave the impression that there is no way on earth that it will not fall off the table before the sun has set in the West. Especially when nothing they say in that vein will have the slightest effect on the decision of the Board to continue to follow their present course, regardless.

What we need here is thoughtful and FAIR posters who can see the wood for the trees, can curb their stifling negativity long enough to actually present some positive, uplifting and semi-practical solutions for consideration and development by all right-minded fans which also, of course, includes the fact that Mr Hughes will be staying for quite a while.

At this stage his sacking will achieve little of value and it might result in other so-called good managers getting apprehensive enough to NOT apply for the then vacant managerial position at ICT.

The Board is NOT going to react in the same way that they think because the members of the Board are mature business persons and rational and reasonable people NOT usually likely to go into orbit with knee jerk reactions. And NOT young bucks feeling their oats and letting that feeling overcome their brains.

You do raise an interesting point in amongst your waffling, where are all of the Hughes supporters?

I'm not sure where to start on the rest of this, at what point did Hughes earn this respect you say he deserves? You bring up IHE as an example of an established poster on here showing respect, yet IHE himself openly has more personal digs at our previous managers psyche than anyone else on here, how is that showing unqestionable respect?

Why assume that people are not posting on this topic because they think it is beneath them? I'd say its safe to assume most people on here are firmly on the fence on this issue and thats only after our rousing win up in Dingwall, after that Dundee United game the pitchforks were out in force. You have totally misread the vibes coming from the support as a whole.

"The Board is NOT going to react in the same way that they think because the members of the Board are mature business persons and rational and reasonable people NOT usually likely to go into orbit with knee jerk reactions. And NOT young bucks feeling their oats and letting that feeling overcome their brains."

I guess you could say the the board demonstrated some rational thought in bringing in a guy on the cheap, who had been shunned by the rest of Scottish football after multiple failures.

Tell me SP.. in all this talk of yours of being fair, rational, respectful and downright gentlemanly when discussing the merits and potential of Hughes, at what stage do you sit down and look over the stats? There has been a swing of 17 points and 1 trophy between ourselves and Aberdeen since Hughes took over, we were clear in 2nd place with games and points to spare, where are we now? I don't think any of the people interviewed could have got it so badly wrong . Like I said before I take no pleasure in seeing thistle get tanked every week . The fact remains yogi will stick to his guns and work with the squad he has (his words) the worry is that I fear for the very survival of thistle in the top flight if he remains in charge .end of! I think Mr Cameron got it badly wrong and needs to act asap before its to late!! Even Craig Levein or the inexperienced Paul Telfer wouldn't have been as shocking as Hughes is turning into.

Next seasons starting 11 will be more or less same as this but the squad will be bare.

I really hope lack of season tickets sold for next season is an indication to board that all is not well!!

So much for "best chairman" in league!!

Gonna bite! Craig Levein I believe didnt wish considered for the job and how on earth do you know that we would be any better off with the inexperienced Mr Telfer? Unless youve got a crystal ball.

If you want to support a team that wins all the time I suggest you start supporting Celtic.

That was ******* uncalled for!!

Did he? What about this horrendous passing around the defence and losing possession?  Has that nothing to do with it?

Yes we have done well using TB's tactics but sometimes like the semi final they  just won't work

Butcher's tactics have proven to be better than Hughes's, why not use them as a starting guide and then change if they're not working, considering "Team Yogi" make changes so well?

​When it came to the penalty's it was quite evident that our players struggled cause off all the noise 

Why didn't we at least attack to try and win before it got there then?  And even then, why is "the noise" a good reason?  Raith Rovers beat Celtic to win the Scottish Cup in the mid-90s on penalties and it didn't seem to affect them!

Where is your optimism you seen how good we played against Aberdeen not even two weeks once Yogi gets the summer with them then we will be smashing teams!!!

I thought we played well against Aberdeen, but I'm afraid "smashing teams" is something Hughes's teams just don't really do.  You need to score goals to do that and we aren't doing that, a trait common at his previous clubs as well.  Falkirk didn't many score goals at this level and his Hartlepool team once went eight games without scoring!

Would it not be better to play a winning style.  To change it just because you can, strikes to me of being egomaniacal.

Well since he is now one of our best mid-fielders i would say a brilliant signing for free aswell  

A good signing.  Brilliant is a bit much.

Yes that's why we are only 2 points away from breaking our points record isn't it....

Butcher left us in a great position.  For Hughes to get 22 points in 22 games and look at him as some kind of success and make look like a genius is laughable.

Kiss isn't 

Wow one player.  They're rubbish and their place in the table proves it.

Did you watch the game?!  We were horrendous!

Cause he wanted to 

Egomaniacal.

Who doesn't then 

Well Mckay looks bereft of confidence.  But certain players, who I won't name yet, are seemingly started to get very frustrated by his all-out possession approach.

He got off to a bad start so Petrie was too quick to bin him like other managers 

Ask the Hibs fans what they think of him as manager.  If anyone was going to get time it was him, but he wasn't good.  Think I'm also right in saying that he wasn't sacked, but left by "mutual consent".

Edited by Renegade

Not going to 'pick through' every individual argument but wish to clarify a couple of erroneous points.

Butcher has won in Dingwall, twice, in two attempts with Hibs. League and cup, both with clean-sheets.

We need 6 points (not just 2) to get our record points tally. We're on 53 with the record being 58.

Did he? What about this horrendous passing around the defence and losing possession?  Has that nothing to do with it?

Butcher's tactics have proven to be better than Hughes's, why not use them as a starting guide and then change if they're not working, considering "Team Yogi" make changes so well?

Why didn't we at least attack to try and win before it got there then?  And even then, why is "the noise" a good reason?  Raith Rovers beat Celtic to win the Scottish Cup in the mid-90s on penalties and it didn't seem to affect them!

I thought we played well against Aberdeen, but I'm afraid "smashing teams" is something Hughes's teams just don't really do.  You need to score goals to do that and we aren't doing that, a trait common at his previous clubs as well.  Falkirk didn't many score goals at this level and his Hartlepool team once went eight games without scoring!

Would it not be better to play a winning style.  To change it just because you can, strikes to me of being egomaniacal.

Butcher left us in a great position.  For Hughes to get 22 points in 22 games and look at him as some kind of success and make look like a genius is laughable.

Kiss isn't 

Cause he wanted to 

Egomaniacal.

Who doesn't then 

Well Mckay looks bereft of confidence.  But certain players, who I won't name yet, are seemingly started to get very frustrated by his all-out possession approach.

Ask the Hibs fans what they think of him as manager.  If anyone was going to get time it was him, but he wasn't good.  Think I'm also right in saying that he wasn't sacked, but left by "mutual consent".

Can't wait to see what the next colour is :smile:

• Agree 2

Tell me SP.. in all this talk of yours of being fair, rational, respectful and downright gentlemanly when discussing the merits and potential of Hughes, at what stage do you sit down and look over the stats? There has been a swing of 17 points and 1 trophy between ourselves and Aberdeen since Hughes took over, we were clear in 2nd place with games and points to spare, where are we now? I don't think any of the people interviewed could have got it so badly wrong . Like I said before I take no pleasure in seeing thistle get tanked every week . The fact remains yogi will stick to his guns and work with the squad he has (his words) the worry is that I fear for the very survival of thistle in the top flight if he remains in charge .end of! I think Mr Cameron got it badly wrong and needs to act asap before its to late!! Even Craig Levein or the inexperienced Paul Telfer wouldn't have been as shocking as Hughes is turning into.

So much for "best chairman" in league!! Gonna bite! Craig Levein I believe didnt wish considered for the job and how on earth do you know that we would be any better off with the inexperienced Mr Telfer? Unless youve got a crystal ball.

I don't believe what OCG said was uncalled for and maybe it's a bit of a reality shock for you.

In my opinion you're having a go at Kenny Cameron for no reason when he has no say what so ever in results on the pitch. If you ever listened to CaleyD on the CaleyThistle Podcast and he gave us an insight on the work Kenny Cameron does off the pitch for ICT

Where has it been stated that there will be no new signings? 

I know it's been disappointing to concede 11 goals in 2 games vs Celtic but I think you need to be a bit realistic here. We were playing against the best team in Scotland on their own turf and they are capable of doing it to many other teams. For what it is worth I was at Celtic Park last Sunday and I didn't think Celtic were good enough for six goal and I was very disappointed leaving CP watching ICT get humped, individual errors cost us and the fact we were missing David Raven, Richie Foran and Marley Watkins - we had 4 subs FFS, cuts us a bit of slack.

Yogi should/will be given the summer and then I think he should be judged. It is far too soon IMHO.

Kiss isn't 

Cause he wanted to 

Egomaniacal.

Who doesn't then 

Can't wait to see what the next colour is :smile:

Just what I was thinking, no need for the green Renegade we seen enough of that on Sat :wink:

• Agree 1

So much for "best chairman" in league!! Gonna bite! Craig Levein I believe didnt wish considered for the job and how on earth do you know that we would be any better off with the inexperienced Mr Telfer? Unless youve got a crystal ball.

I don't believe what OCG said was uncalled for and maybe it's a bit of a reality shock for you.

In my opinion you're having a go at Kenny Cameron for no reason when he has no say what so ever in results on the pitch. If you ever listened to CaleyD on the CaleyThistle Podcast and he gave us an insight on the work Kenny Cameron does off the pitch for ICT

I know it's been disappointing to concede 11 goals in 2 games vs Celtic but I think you need to be a bit realistic here. We were playing against the best team in Scotland on their own turf and they are capable of doing it to many other teams. For what it is worth I was at Celtic Park last Sunday and I didn't think Celtic were good enough for six goal and I was very disappointed leaving CP watching ICT get humped, individual errors cost us and the fact we were missing David Raven, Richie Foran and Marley Watkins - we had 4 subs FFS, cuts us a bit of slack.

Yogi should/will be given the summer and then I think he should be judged. It is far too soon IMHO.

To be fair i thought we were lucky to get away with 6 and without Brill it could have been more.

Hughes said in a pre match interview there would be no signings 

Guest Mahonio

Tell me SP.. in all this talk of yours of being fair, rational, respectful and downright gentlemanly when discussing the merits and potential of Hughes, at what stage do you sit down and look over the stats? There has been a swing of 17 points and 1 trophy between ourselves and Aberdeen since Hughes took over, we were clear in 2nd place with games and points to spare, where are we now?I don't think any of the people interviewed could have got it so badly wrong . Like I said before I take no pleasure in seeing thistle get tanked every week . The fact remains yogi will stick to his guns and work with the squad he has (his words) the worry is that I fear for the very survival of thistle in the top flight if he remains in charge .end of!I think Mr Cameron got it badly wrong and needs to act asap before its to late!! Even Craig Levein or the inexperienced Paul Telfer wouldn't have been as shocking as Hughes is turning into.

So much for "best chairman" in league!!Gonna bite! Craig Levein I believe didnt wish considered for the job and how on earth do you know that we would be any better off with the inexperienced Mr Telfer? Unless youve got a crystal ball.

If you want to support a team that wins all the time I suggest you start supporting Celtic. That was ******* uncalled for!!

In my opinion you're having a go at Kenny Cameron for no reason when he has no say what so ever in results on the pitch. If you ever listened to CaleyD on the CaleyThistle Podcast and he gave us an insight on the work Kenny Cameron does off the pitch for ICT.

So its not uncalled for telling me to go support Celtic just because I am annoyed at current form, this forum is seriously pissing me off.

Time for another break before I say something I regret.

Wonder who else will get told to support Celtic just for having a go at boss or will it just be the most hated person on here, me!!!

Tell me SP.. in all this talk of yours of being fair, rational, respectful and downright gentlemanly when discussing the merits and potential of Hughes, at what stage do you sit down and look over the stats? There has been a swing of 17 points and 1 trophy between ourselves and Aberdeen since Hughes took over, we were clear in 2nd place with games and points to spare, where are we now?I don't think any of the people interviewed could have got it so badly wrong . Like I said before I take no pleasure in seeing thistle get tanked every week . The fact remains yogi will stick to his guns and work with the squad he has (his words) the worry is that I fear for the very survival of thistle in the top flight if he remains in charge .end of!I think Mr Cameron got it badly wrong and needs to act asap before its to late!! Even Craig Levein or the inexperienced Paul Telfer wouldn't have been as shocking as Hughes is turning into.

So much for "best chairman" in league!!Gonna bite! Craig Levein I believe didnt wish considered for the job and how on earth do you know that we would be any better off with the inexperienced Mr Telfer? Unless youve got a crystal ball.

If you want to support a team that wins all the time I suggest you start supporting Celtic. That was ******* uncalled for!!

In my opinion you're having a go at Kenny Cameron for no reason when he has no say what so ever in results on the pitch. If you ever listened to CaleyD on the CaleyThistle Podcast and he gave us an insight on the work Kenny Cameron does off the pitch for ICT.

To be fair i thought we were lucky to get away with 6 and without Brill it could have been more.

Hughes said in a pre match interview there would be no signings

Totally agree despite the 6 goals, Dean Brill had some decent saves in there.

I didn't realise he did say that but then again why would he state we would bring in new signings in false hope that a few of his targets might go elsewhere. I am very much convinced we will be active buying and selling in the transfer window.

ICTRoughi - you correctly state:

"I know it's been disappointing to concede 11 goals in 2 games vs Celtic but I think you need to be a bit realistic here. We were playing against the best team in Scotland on their own turf and they are capable of doing it to many other teams."

Yet, a few days prior, ahead of our trip to Celtic, you thought very differently - and let's be honest, unrealistically and, if I may dare say, naively, predicting....

"I firmly believe if we play attacking minded football we could score a fair few."

It's ironic that you forecast one preposterous outcome, then try to defend the inevitable by calling for some 'realism'.

I wish I had the optimism you have, albeit, misplaced. I would certainly be a much less frustrated fan living in your world of sheer fantasy!

John "Yogi" Hughes has to go. 

He has not won enough games, pure and simple.

I pay my money to watch by beloved ICT win games. From the Board in terms of finances, the Manager in terms of prestige, the Players in terms of wages and the Fans in terms of glory, all that matters is wining.

The stats don't lie, his track record as ICT’s manager is 7 wins out of 27 games that’s a win ratio of 25.93%. If he had been in charge since the start of the season we would be fighting for survival will all the other bottom 6 no-hopers who can only win 1 in 4 games.

A top six club aspires to win every second game.  

I am not saying ICT should win every second game but wining every third game has been a bench mark which other managers seemed to have been judged. Butcher in 2011/12 when he only won 11 games all season was under real pressure. The fact he was rebuilding the team and the board probably knew this in advance meant he did survive. The only other manager to fall below a 30% win ratio was Brewster in 08/09 and we know what happen to him.

Please Yogi do the right thing and walk.

Rant over!

​Ok a few hiccups but that's too be expected when a new manager comes in  

Yes they do work but surely if the manager wants to change we should try and back him

Well we did just Aberdeen were tactically better set up  

Ok sure he might not be smashing teams but he does have a great experience in youth 

Well he did start with TB's tactics just we started to lose so he had to change 

Not sure you would have to look at the stats he has i.e. assists and goals

He has done well a success no but maybe next year

Kiss isn't 

Do you think we are rubbish then?

If we hadn't have had Draper sent off i think we would have done better

Cause he wanted to 

Egomaniacal.

And TB wasn't 

Who doesn't then 

OK Mckay is right now he doesn't look that good but all he needs to do if score a few more goals. Well i do know 1 player who doesn't like who i also won't name.

Hughes got sacked by Hartlepool cause the got relegated all he was there to do was try to keep them up everyone knew that once they got relegated then they needed someone who knew the lower league's 

Edited by caleydawson