Should Hughes be SACKED?

Guest Mahonio

What the deuce is Mahonio playing at ? Is there a point to this thread ? He is treading a thin line. It is just not tennis. He is taking advantage of other posters. And he has been forced to trawl the net elsewhere although some would say that is ACE. He is double serving expletives and they are not back-handed compliments. Can we still love him or should we Grand Slam him?

And the only thing he has got in common with Wimbledon is that he is a feckin Womble.

• Agree 1

I knew you'd have another passing-shot at Mahonio, IHE! I hope this verbal rally doesn't descend into a volley of abuse!

I overhead somewhere that you do like taking centre-court in these debates and enjoy the proverbial 'minutes of fame' - but we all love-fifteen:smile:

• Agree 1

Sorry I'm Lleyton getting back, was putting on my Rafa tickets.

Then I was watching old DVD's of the Eurovision Tsonga contest before discovering a long lost 'different' DVD - so obviously had a Jankovic!

My girlfriend wonders how I managed that as she claims it's like looking for a Nadal in a haystack!

With the all the athletics starting at the commonwealth games we can only hope someone else will also do a disappearing act if it works like this

Anyway back on topic it's clearly evident that we have gone downhill since the managerial change. The results and our drop down the table is the evidence that we are on the slide and it's quite remarkable that the happy clappers still line up to tell us that everything is rosey in the garden

You only have to look at Forans behaviour on the pitch the last few games to see that desperation is creeping in

Having said that it still is very early days for Hughes he must be given more time I personally hope he turns this round as say what you like he is a genuine and likeable big guy

What's more don't think ICT could afford to sack him anyway what with the length of contract he signed

Dougal

Whilst I am by no means advocating sacking Hughes. He should be given at least until the end of next season, I doubt very much whether there would be huge financial implications in doing so and certainly not paying up over two years of his contract.

You've got to bear in mind the relative positions of the parties when he was engaged. The club, then riding high in the league, had numerous candidates applying for the job while Hughes was unemployed and his stock was pretty low with no other obvious job prospects on the horizon.

The board is made up of shrewd and experienced business people and, given that Hughes was hardly in a position to dictate terms, would without doubt have a provision in the contract that, in the event of early termination, he would be entitled to no more than say three months salary. If that is not the case I would be very surprised indeed.

I think Hughes will last a lot longer here than Butcher will at Hibs.  Hibs have only won 1 of their last 11 and that includes being bundled out of the cup by Raith. If the Hibs Board are not considering getting rid of Butcher with that record then there is no way our Board will be getting rid of Hughes.  If we are struggling after the first round of fixtures next season then it might be worth talking about.  But before that, discussion should be about what the manager should do rather than whether he should be here at all.

• Agree 2

I can't stand peeple who go off subject - I feel entitled to make a racket about this. What is the old saying - First served ... So let's get back on topic and stop feeding new balls immaturely.

A good return! The Umpire strikes back!!

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

Mahonio, I think you should post more on here. Are you looking forward to the match against Partick Thistle?

Not going to happen and yes, I can sense a win :).

It is getting into a busy part of Tennis season so watching a lot of that on Sky and BBC hence not posting on here plus CaleyD and ilPadrino want me gone, shameful posts by someone who is a former mod!! Trying not to sound to harsh as I don't want banned.

Mahonio, the whole point of a forum is to exchange different views and it is reasonable to expect folk to respond quite robustly to views that they disagree strongly with. That's what helps give the richness of debate and makes it worth reading. Criticism of a poster's views isn't a criticism of them personally. It is also reasonable for folk to point out inconsistencies in the posts of others and this is often done in the form of a bit of gentle banter. You really shouldn't get annoyed by it and if you took it in the spirit intended, you might find you quite enjoyed it! If everybody who was on the receiving end of a bit of banter stopped posting there would be hardly anyone left to post anything - Dougal would have left 100 times over! Nobody wants you gone - far from it. Your contributions are a valuable part of the richness and variety of this forum, so please keep them coming. Be assured that if anyone was being genuinely offensive the mods would quickly crack down on it

It isn't because of criticism that I am away from here, I have said that the guys who are disagreeing with me make fair and valid comments. Before posting in midweek, I only occasionally posted, that was due to not being on Internet as often as I was.

IHE, hahaha, that's more like the old IHE that I always liked, at start of your post, I thought you were going to do a Stewie Griffin lol.

Should Hughes be sacked? No. When he's had a chance to build his own team, which may well be the one he has now, and he's still failing then yes. Since he came in we've lost five out of around fourteen games. In Butchers last fourteen games we lost five. Did anyone call for his head?

Should Hughes be sacked? No. When he's had a chance to build his own team, which may well be the one he has now, and he's still failing then yes. Since he came in we've lost five out of around fourteen games. In Butchers last fourteen games we lost five. Did anyone call for his head?

In the league Butcher oversaw a total of 11 games 7 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses. 22 points from 33.

Hughes has taken charge for 15 games league which have resulted in 4 wins, 5 draws and 6 losses. 17 points from 45.

• Agree 2

How can we compare an arrogant, selfish, two timing, NARCISSTIC English psychopath with a humble, working class, likeable Scottish plodder ?

When the Messiah left all asundry waited for the exodus - does it not say summat that they are all still here and looking to stay ?

Feck the statistics - Hughes was the only one "tough enuff" to fill the breach after the Narcissist. Hartley and his inexperience would have been shot at by now.

And do not forget that Hughes had to wait an age to get Latapy on board - it is like Russell would say - ya have to chill man before the feckin high hits ya.

• Agree 1

Football is a passionate game as you can see from both sides of the argument. Start winning, all is forgiven, keep losing and you'll be slated. 15 games with what will be next seasons team will see you judged, see IHE'S ex at Hibs and most of his team will be binned next year. It's not wrong to judge him now but he will be adored should he turn things around. And way too early for sacking talk but criticism is fair.

Mahonio, I think you should post more on here. Are you looking forward to the match against Partick Thistle?

Not going to happen and yes, I can sense a win :).

It is getting into a busy part of Tennis season so watching a lot of that on Sky and BBC hence not posting on here plus CaleyD and ilPadrino want me gone, shameful posts by someone who is a former mod!! Trying not to sound to harsh as I don't want banned.

One word....Balls!!!

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

Look CaleyD, as a former mod, I do actually respect you so don't want to fall out with you but felt your post was aimed to drive me away from forum, maybe I misunderstood your post but I know ilpadrino was aiming for me to go away, his post was something along lines of "you said you weren't going to post again, at least try and last a couple of hours", if that isn't trying to drive me away, I don't know what is. Ilpadrino has got his wish because as i said, I am not going to post on here much, due to not being on Internet as much as I was, it has nothing to do with people disagreeing with me or ilpadrino politely telling me to P off though.

I am being careful with what I post as I don't want banned, probably another reason for staying off this thread.