Christie vs Polworth

caleydawson

Both are very good prospects! Christie plays in a more "glamourous" position whereas Polworth is more comfortable in the engine room, so difficult to compare. Hopefully both will be allowed to establish themselves next season. I realise that side stepped your question but it seemed to me, to be a question worth side- stepping. Both are the future of I.C.T and both probably will read this thread!

Ok we have two great prospects for the future but if we had to keep one and get rid of the other what would you do 

Tell them that only one can have a contract and they must battle each other with pugil sticks on top of the Kessock Bridge. Winner gets a contract. Loser signs for Fort William.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

Ok we have two great prospects for the future but if we had to keep one and get rid of the other what would you do 

Tell them that only one can have a contract and they must battle each other with pugil sticks on top of the Kessock Bridge. Winner gets a contract. Loser signs for Fort William.

Gladiators Rrrreeeady!

I want both players to stay the club and if I was manager then I would give both players contracts to last up until 2017.

Ryan Christie like the Cup Final and last night brought a spark to the team which is what we are needing, fresh legs and fresh ideas to freshen up the team. I can only imagine that the players will emotionally and physically drained from the heavy schedule so maybe now is the time to blood in the youngsters. As I stated in the 'Ryan Christie' thread if ICT have the similar set up as Dundee United then I feel we would come along way and we would get exposure for ICT and who know Ryan Christie may find himself in the Scotland U21 squad, we do know that Billy Stark knows that Scotland still continues past Perth.

Liam Polworth as already has been stated by collectiveaction plays a different game to Ryan Christie but I feel that he is good at what he does. The difference with Liam Polworth in his postition I feel he needs bit more strength about him so that he can push players off the ball and keep good ball retention - a loan spell wouldn't go a miss IMO.  Liam Polworth reminds me of a young Barry Ferguson.

Neither players should be binned IMO - especially Ryan Christie be ludicrous. 

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 1

I feel personally the games that Christie has played in so far have been crucial games and he has looked brilliant a real burst of life onto the pitch, also yesterday from what i read he was massive boost to the team when he came on where as Polworth sometimes doesn't know what to do when he comes on and just looks a bit lost which is really bad cause in our midfield we can;t have that.

• Agree 1

Liam Polworth reminds me of a young Barry Ferguson.

:crazy:

That's a bit harsh.  I'd like to think of him as a young Steven Gerrard.

I was thinking more the lines of comparing between Scottish players but who knows what could happen with Liam Polworth. 

Liam Polworth reminds me of a young Barry Ferguson.

:crazy:

That's a bit harsh.  I'd like to think of him as a young Steven Gerrard.

I was thinking more the lines of comparing between Scottish players but who knows what could happen with Liam Polworth. 

He could just flop and go to county or move onto bigger and better things i guess we will just have to wait and see like all our players 

There is no Vs here. Should be &.

Get them in the team for the rest of the season (a bit drastic I know) and they can get a wealth of experience that will serve us well next year as we will have a more 'experienced' squad to play with and will hopefully be less likely to suffer a second half dip as we have the past 3 seasons. We are safe in the top six. Don't have anywhere near the form to challenge Motherwell and Aberdeen so might as well use the rest of the season wisely. Plus our players are knackered at the moment, rotation really can't harm us. 

They both look they can be big parts of our future so the future might as well begin now.

(also agree with others, would also like to see Ross back in the starting team)

• Agree 1