Round the Table Chat with Yogi Hughes

CaleyD

We decided to do this weeks video with Yogi a bit differently today by having myself and Iain Auld join him for a round the table chat.  It's over 27 minutes long, but covers some of the topics being discussed on here recently....

• Agree 6

Agreed. Very refreshing interview --and interesting.

All the naysayers ..I hope you take this one in because if it has the effect of changing your opinion of John Hughes then that is very good for the club, for him and for your own outlook.

Cheers

Scarlet :clapoverhead:

• Agree 1

I must agree with the comments above, I'll be honest and say I have always sat on the fence but this is certainly swaying me towards him, As a person he comes over as a genuinely nice guy  and I don't think there has ever been any problems with that but what makes this interesting is he pretty much talks about all the same things fans on here have been complaining about as regards losing the first goal etc and he seems to have identified ways to hopefully solve these problems. He also speaks with a real caring for Inverness as a place and it makes me think that given time this could just be a great marriage. Bit worrying when he talks about Aaron Doran having a little tweak to his hamstring, maybe a subs role this week? I'll end by saying that while not 100% convinced yet I'm certainly a bit more in the yogi camp now, I would also urge people to have a look at this video really enjoyable. And even though it does look like a heavyweight face off in the pic, interviewers are really just big softies 

As with Batman, maybe he wasn't what ICT fans wanted, but what they needed.

Inverness have arguably built more of an identity in this season than any other, and JH is very much a mirror of that. He seems to be a man who has found a kindred spirit at this club, perhaps after seeing the more ruthless Hibs and Hartlepool suits at work.

Great video, can we have a Christie-esque focus on the asst. manager next time, I'm interested to know more about how he complements JH.

• Agree 1

Can't believe no-one asked if he had the chairmans backing. Lol.

Good to hear he sees some of the weaknesses we see and I like his passion for community. To really grow our club thats what we need to be in about, as well as being a regular mid table SPL team with hopes for more.

That was the least inspiring half hour of my ICT life lol

It's all well seeing a weakness, its fixing it thats the hard part.  Not much in the way of accepting guilt for how terrible our form has been since he arrived.

The whole thing was too cosy for my liking, the pair of yous seemed scared to upset the man and just nodded along with all his drivel about how great the boys are doing.

• Agree 2

It's all well seeing a weakness, its fixing it thats the hard part.  Not much in the way of accepting guilt for how terrible our form has been since he arrived.

The whole thing was too cosy for my liking, the pair of yous seemed scared to upset the man and just nodded along with all his drivel about how great the boys are doing.

Yes but, to be fair, which club's in house media does ask critical and searching question ? It's all about a PR spin but, in my view, that's fair enough and to be expected.

Edited by Kingsmills

Really good interview and insight into what goes on behind the scenes. And if further inspiration is needed then look no further than the big man behind the media operation. Someone with a true passion for the club and appreciation of our situation. Someone who, though a falling out resulted in him being relieved of his duties as announcer some time ago, persisted in his quest to give the fans what they were screaming out for as far as transparency and information output were concerned. I'm also sure the big man hasn't yet achieved the full potential of what he's aiming for and that there's a lot more to come. A big well done and thank you to Caleyd and his media team.

• Agree 4

Comments taken on board and will be considered.

The idea was to get away from the normal interview setup.  Manager and Players have had mics and cameras stuck in their face almost constantly for the last 3 weeks and I thought it would be good to do something more relaxed which wasn't being totally lead by the interviewer and allowed Yogi to talk more openly and in a bit more depth about stuff....and to do so without fear that it would be inappropriately edited and/or spun.

Where you use the word "cosy", I'd see it more as relaxed...and that was the aim.  Not sure why you would want to see anyone upsetting anyone else...and that will never be what we set out to do.  He covered off many of the points being discussed by fans without the need for more direct questioning and we all have to remember that there's only so far he can and will be expected to go in terms of talking about changes in tactics or plans for future games as that merely provides the opposition with information that can be used against us.

Given that this has been well received we will look to build on and expand the idea with Yogi, and to also involve other members of the coaching staff and players.

• Agree 3