LATAPY ?

Keep an eye on the dugout, especially at substitutions. Scott Kellacher seems to have a lot of input, from notes, chat, etc. This has occurred since Yogi became

Manager, and was very obvious at the semi final especially, and has not diminished at every game since. Questions, everyone??? Who has the knowledge, the expertise,

whatever, of ICT and the current players ?

Keep an eye on the dugout, especially at substitutions. Scott Kellacher seems to have a lot of input, from notes, chat, etc. This has occurred since Yogi becameManager, and was very obvious at the semi final especially, and has not diminished at every game since. Questions, everyone??? Who has the knowledge, the expertise,whatever, of ICT and the current players ?

Who has the better knowledge, expertise and experience of playing and coaching at higher levels, has always appeared to favour attacking, entertaining football and should be able to spot strengths and weaknesses very, very quickly ?

Keep an eye on the dugout, especially at substitutions. Scott Kellacher seems to have a lot of input, from notes, chat, etc. This has occurred since Yogi became

Manager, and was very obvious at the semi final especially, and has not diminished at every game since. Questions, everyone??? Who has the knowledge, the expertise,

whatever, of ICT and the current players ?

Aye maybe it's time we got a woman in the dug out?

Dougal

Pre match back in February for an Under 20s match, I sat and watched Russell Latapy train the team, this was probably when he was starting at ICT. Anyways, for roughly 10 mins, the U20 were practising counter attacking and scoring goals most times in doing so. I thought it was pretty strange because I rarely see a team practise counter attacking in a pre match training before. To cut a long story short, it worked and the U20s won 3-0 from really good counter attack play. So pre match training successful? - I think so.

I see Russell Latapy on the touchline and he does give a few instructions but usually after big Yogi comes out and shouts 10 times louder. From what I have gathered, Scott Kellacher does a lot for the first team, so maybe Russell does his bit in training. Who knows?

And gives more time to study those players in real match situations which should make things easier. I am not decrying Latapy as I am a longstanding admirer. I was really hoping to see his playing style and philosophy rub off on ICT and I am flabbergasted that he does not appear to have influenced anything.

Again I pose the questions - why is that ? And what is his role ?

• Agree 1

Given time the role will emerge, he hasn't been with us that long and he is having to evaluate a squad that is mentally and physically exhausted.

It is no wonder mistakes are being made and it is the mistakes that are costing us dearly.

Again I emphasise that we have come so close to beating all those teams we are playing, we are playing good entertaining football, we have deserted the hoofing and when we master the passing game, which we will, we will then be copied by all the other contenders who then will take the praise for the rise of football standards in the SPFL.

Concentration on passing has been put on defence and midfield, gradually the concentration will spread from midfield to the wings, then the tenacious Latapy approach will become evident as the front men lash in the goals. It all takes time, practice and dedication.................Yes a bit more understanding and patience from our '' support '' would also help

• Agree 1

This is a really good question, normally we all have fairly strong opinions, especially lately, but no opinions whatsoever on this. Itwould be good to know more about his day to day influence on the team and going forward how he affects the direction we go in. I have no preconceived ideas just curious.

For a management team that is an ex-centre back and a creative midfield player we seem to have a poor defence prone to errors and lack any creativity or cutting edge going up the park. Hard to see how 2 members of management known for these traits are failing to apply that to the team?

Given time the role will emerge, he hasn't been with us that long and he is having to evaluate a squad that is mentally and physically exhausted.

It is no wonder mistakes are being made and it is the mistakes that are costing us dearly.

I find it astonishing that people put 'exhaustion' down to our slump! We're not the only team playing lots of games - although It may seem so, to those who don't look at the bigger picture.

It would be a valid point....but it's not!! Compare us with Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee United and St. Johnstone - there are probably more - but I gave up looking when it was evident the 'tiredness' excuse was simply 'clutching at straws' but more importantly, simply, wrong!

Not for one minute do I think the players aren't tired - they maybe so, but certainly not MORE tired than their rivals. If they are...why?

Is our fitness regime lacking now that the dream-team of 'Butcher and Malpas' have moved on?

Let's not forget, other teams had European campaigns at the start of this campaign, which have likely impacted on their season.

Other teams have had good cup runs, it doesn't only effect us.

You can be sure, that in the unlikely scenario of us having a European adventure and then falling away dramatically, our Euro 'campaign' would be to blame!

Aberdeen are riding high and have played the same number of games as us. These guys are professional footballers!

We don't get 'time off' 'cos we've had to work twice in four days!

Billy 'needs a rest'?

How many of us, posting here, wouldn't swap places with him?

I think we'd all love to be as 'jaded' as him!

How about a bit of reality here - someone's got to say it - Billy's actually not that great a striker - certainly, he appears to be devoid of confidence since 'the change'.

But Hughes was appointed and I will have to watch the slow, painful demise of the club - until the board realise that their appointment was wrong.

Until then, we can all be witness the lifeblood of the club seeping away...

And the happy-clappers will pathetically stand-by and watch us sink.  

Edited by Sneckboy

2 postponed games to be fitted in

1 Scottish cup replay

Cup final

4 games more than the other top teams in Scotland in 6 weeks

One of smallest if not THE smallest 1st team squads so no rotation and resting

Try working 7 days a week for 6 weeks and tell me you are not tired

• Agree 3

Sneckboy, you are quite entitled to form your own opinions....but you are not entitled to form your own facts, especially erroneous ones.

Tomorrow nights match will be the 13th game in 46 days for ICT.  No other team has had a schedule that comes anywhere close to that.

What makes it even harder to swallow is that it was not a situation of our making.

• Agree 2

2 postponed games to be fitted in

1 Scottish cup replay

Cup final

4 games more than the other top teams in Scotland in 6 weeks

One of smallest if not THE smallest 1st team squads so no rotation and resting

Try working 7 days a week for 6 weeks and tell me you are not tired

I know you'd like to think it, but the players have no been 'in' every day for the last 6 weeks!