Inverness CT -V- Motherwell

Scotty

Interview with the manager on Sportsound there. Jim Spence asked the question we've probably all wanted to hear asked: 'Are you trying to change too much too soon?' Hughes basically put his cards on the table: 'Terry liked to play with wingers; I like to play it through the middle.'

Quote from Hughes on the day he took over the team that was flying high in 2nd place and well clear of 3rd :  "I'm not going to change too much"

We all assumed he meant he wasn't going to change ICT too much, but now it seems he meant it in the sense that he wasn't going to change his own approach too much!

There has been a lack of goals recently but how pleasing is it that our last two goals have come from products of our youth team

Tansey scored the last one before today.

Ah sorry you are right Alex, still pleasing to see both young lads score in recent games

Boooo. Unfortunately the result isn't exactly unexpected. Delighted to see young Christie break his duck, the first of many I would hope.

Anyone at the game able to shed light on the bust up between Hughes and Tansey?

Firstly, on a positive note. Great that our two promising local lads have both scored in recent matches and credit to the manager for giving them the opportunity.

However, two questions; One, Why, when Hughes said on his appointment that he was not going to alter a winning formula, did he almost immediately do just that ? Second, and more importantly, when is he going to recognise that it's not working and take some action to put it right ?

Edited by Kingsmills

Narrow, ponderous, pedestrian, predictable, Mckay hardly got a touch (all from BBC). 7 chances over 90 min is not entertainment. More chances in last 20 than previous 70 coincided with Christie's arrival (delighted for him, but he should have started).

The real problem is what to do for Friday? The one pitch where narrow is the way to go and he'll not know which way to turn. Wouldn't surprise me if he now goes with wingers on Friday, which won't be the thing to do there! Aaaaagh! So annoyed!