Scotty

Well, I was glad to hear that final whistle.  County had the better of the second half, but at last we manage to hold on for a win. Wish Billy had scored that one at the end as I had a 3-1 win for us in Gringo's prediction league!

But it was good to see Billy nearly back to his best.  Also Doran, my MoM. But for Brown, our victory would have been more emphatic.

Not too many negatives for me tonight, except Raven getting skinned too easily leading to their goal (which was lucky to stand imo). And Brill's kicking as usual!

But, all in all delighted with this hard fought win.

Hope it spurs us on now for a good post split.

Brilliant result for everybody - especially Yogi. It takes a brave man to take a step back, realise his mistakes and play with width. Doran was superb and the snap was back. Same again for the rest of the season and we'll continue to make 20 chances a game!

• Agree 1

It woz the wingers that won it for us tonight!! and a good finish from the maestro.  And a good performance from everyone else.  Well done lads!

Yep I agree, but to be fair to Yogi he chose to start with the wingers so credit where credit is due 

Yes, a pathetic post match interview by Adams.  Not outwardly seething, but complaining as usual.  Although I agree with him that the Shinnie incident was inside the box, Shinnie clearly kicked the ball on to the county player's head. It should not have been even a free kick, and certainly not a yellow.

Referee was poor all night (some of it in our favour mind you!)

• Agree 1

Great win, fabulous Dorran goal, he reckons his best ever, a goal to grace any top level game. And great to see Billy back in action - he so deserved that lovely chip to go in at the end instead of rattling the crossbar. Should put everybody in good spirits.

Great win! We were by far the better side and two very good goals. I thought Tremarco's challenge was bad but a yellow was correct imo. For their penalty claim Shinnie won the ball and it shouldn't have even been a free kick but I think if their player hadn't gone down so dramatically the ref would have given a penalty. Dorans goal was brilliant and it's good for Billy to get a goal again. Also the Adams interview was quite funny. Brilliant stuff!

There's only one 10CC, you tell that whinging barsteward.

I was willing that interviewer to say "well, Derek, the pictures show that Shinnie actually played the ball. Why don't you just shut your cakehole?"

As for Kiss, what a waste of space. Trying to get Shinnie booked after a fairly innocuous foul in midfield.

• Agree 2

Doran's goal was absolutely fantastic!  Billly's finish was class - I reckon it was a pen anyway, came off his hand, but no matter.  I thought Watkins was excellent- not only going forward but also tracking back to areas normally covered by Draper.  We didn't miss the big man as I thought we might.

If we keep this system, we've got a chance of catching Dundee.

Good win and good performance, had it not been for Brown could have been a rout IMO. Made some cracking saves.

Great to see Doran back, made the difference. His goal, a peach and vision for the 2nd. We've really missed his creative influence. Quite a few pointing out that it was the introduction of wingers and width, but I felt it was really Doran who gave us the extra spark and movement. Might not have been so with another. He's certainly been missed.

As for the penalty incident, wasn't a foul so no penalty, joke they got a free kick.

Now play the rest of April with a similar energy and I'll be content

I think another argument that can be put to bed tonight is that our recent poor form was down to tiredness, the lads certainly didn't look tired tonight 

You should never look tired for a derby match. Ever.

Edited by iamthecaptain1