Scotty

Some hilarious diving from County tonight, that Cikos clown actually screams as he goes down, what a rocket. 

Good performances all round. Raven man of the match for me, great shift down the right flank. Tremarco likewise, he was first to every ball and full of running.

Can't fault the gaffer tonight. Two wins on the bounce at Victoria Park is no mean feat.

• Agree 3

Great result tonight. A combination of style and determination. :smile:

As Hughes stated in his post-match interview, it 'buys time'.

But was that a Freudian slip?

Whatever, Europe is still on!

Watching it back now, and have just seen the Tremarco tackle! That's a straight red all day long! :redcard:

I know some posters have already said a yellow was correct. But if that had been Kris Commons lunging into Graeme Shinnie, I doubt many would have agreed that a yellow 'was suffice'!

I do rate Tremarco as a footballer, but he's a bit of a liability.

However, he got away with it. We can now have a break and regroup, with a European assault in the 'split'!

Just in from the game and what a game it was! All players involved had a tremendous game and have much more fight and desire than Ross County did.

Credit to John Hughes for playing two wingers tonight and what an absolute joy it was to have Aaron Doran back in the side. Marley Watkins played superb tonight and pretty much turned Ross County 'Greek God' inside out.

The most thing I was happy about with tonight is that we were playing narrow and wide. There was another thread today and I went on to say that we need the happy medium of both narrow and wide - tonight I felt we got that.

I really can't wait to see Aaron Doran's goal again. ICT love a good goal outside the box these days!

After restarting the second half and we conceded, I was thinking back to the St Mirren game and mindful of the Motherwell game only being a mere 3 days ago, I said to 'Old Caley Girl' "I don't think we are going to score again" couple minutes later Billy Mckay pops up and scores a brilliant goal. I was left with egg on my face but I don't care because ICT got the three points tonight and deservedly so!

Listen, tonight was really good and the fans were superb as always. We totally outsang Ross County for 90 mins tonight, let's keep up this unity because end of the day the players are fighting tooth and nail every game and they deserve this. Let's get rid of the Yogi bashing and push the team forward for the fourth spot and possibly enter Europe via the back door.

Superb tonight, great 2-1 win, also not forgetting it's 2-1 in the series of Highland Derbies too!

Down with the Jambos! :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 4

Watched the game on BT Sport and I was very impressed. I read Yogis post match interview on the BBC which he makes reference to the games at County and Aberdeen where we ripped them apart and won quite comfortably. Now in each occasion we played with width even though the County game was a 4-4-2 which must tell yogi that he used two different systems in our two best performances of his tenure and yet they both worked because it had width, pace and drive. I said on another thread that if a passing game is what he wants then brilliant but the Barca ticka tacka i find boring compared to the more direct and fast paced Bayern. I would rather see games like tonight where we play with width and drive into that space then try and pass pass pass in congested areas with no room to go so fair play to Yogi. I know most people are gunning for him but he isn't stupid and surely he must watch recent performances (if he dares) and then watches tonight he must surely keep this from now one. But enough of Yogi and the past month it has been done to death tonight was great. Adams has no case for penalty and the disallowed goal looked offside in both phases of the play so they dot have a leg to stand on. Tremarco was lucky even though he got the ball which may have saved him but the amount of chances we created was great to see and hopefully we play like that until the end of the season i am sure we keep ST J of our backs and maybe pinch 4th which we know may still give us a European chance.  

• Agree 2

what a result that was. Every player was superb. Man of the match for me was Greg Tansey - controlled the game from start to finish. Hopefully that will shut some negative people on this forum up for a while!

• Agree 3

It was my birthday yesterday and I wished for a win...I got it  :ictscarf:

Tactically perfect (how refreshing), Shinnie in the holding role proved shrewd. While the welcome return of wingers worked well. Watkins and Doran were top notch.

For me though pick of the bunch is Tansey, he controlled the middle of the park. Hardly put a foot wrong and was unlucky not to bag a goal. His best game since his return so far. Chuffed for Billy, finished well and was so unlucky with the chip, he would have deserved it. 

This was such a great end to whats been a miserable week. Now all we need to do is play like this against everyone else.

On wards and upwards from here I hope. 

• Agree 4

It must be a good performance if Dave the rave is willing to try his luck from 30 yards and get it tipped over. Just going back to Yogi he has to make some tough decisions because Foran and Draper did not feature. Had they been fit then would he have played that team? I think one is easy as Draper can come back and Shinnie move back to left back but when Foran is fit we have to make a decision as we can't play all of them as showed in our past few games. 

I think if you take Tremarco out (before he gets sent off), stick Shinnie at LB and put Draper in CM, play that formation and style then you would have our strongest XI.

• Agree 1

I think if you take Tremarco out (before he gets sent off), stick Shinnie at LB and put Draper in CM, play that formation and style then you would have our strongest XI.

I love Tremarco. No nonsense defender! Allows Shinnie to play attacking football which he's good at!

• Agree 1

Credit to Hughes for making changes and they worked a treat!  Simply, we're a better team playing wingers and using, not a long ball approach, but attacking with direct forward passing on the deck.  Mckay is a far better player with tricky wingers either side of him.  I can understand Hughes wanting to play passing football, but what we did tonight is the way to go, and not actually that different to what Hughes wants.  We kept the ball well and moved it forward into dangerous positions, not passing it around our own box and back the way.  That's what we all want to see.  

I'm not quite sure Vincent is 100% sharp yet and I'd like to see Christie start next time in behind Mckay and also having Tansey press a bit more, but other than that, a great performance.  We've always been a better team playing that way and credit to Hughes for implementing it.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Well, I was glad to hear that final whistle.  County had the better of the second half, but at last we manage to hold on for a win. Wish Billy had scored that one at the end as I had a 3-1 win for us in Gringo's prediction league!

But it was good to see Billy nearly back to his best.  Also Doran, my MoM. But for Brown, our victory would have been more emphatic.

Not too many negatives for me tonight, except Raven getting skinned too easily leading to their goal (which was lucky to stand imo). And Brill's kicking as usual!

But, all in all delighted with this hard fought win.

Hope it spurs us on now for a good post split.[/quot

Assuming with your user name you watched in telly? Never felt uncomfortable at the game at all. We were far the better team. Raven motm for me and a few others.

• Agree 1

Agree with what's being said. Absolutely fantastic performance, we were undoubtedly the better team on the night. So good to see Tansey dictating play from the centre of the park and not stuck out on the right side of midfield. He was MOTM for me. Adams once again embarrasses himself - and his club -  post match.

WINGERS ARE WINNERS!!

• Agree 1

Some interesting comments from Mckay in the Press and Journal today. Sounds like a plea to retain wingers in the side to give him chances. 

"Having Watkins and Doran in was a big help as they gave us good width and both of them played really well tonight. They helped me focus on my own game of getting into the box."

• Agree 3

I don't think we should get carried away. Cownty are not a good side at the mo and we can beat them and their whingeing, ungracious wee nyaff of a manager any day of the week.

In fact I think our promotion side of 2004 would beat them too, standards have dropped in the SPL in 10 years.

The five games coming up are all against teams that have given us a lesson this season so I'm not sure yogi will be any more adventurous against them.

So yogi has a 100% record against wee seethydrawers, who'd a thunk it :lol:

• Agree 1

Great performance all round last night.  My MOTM goes to Dave the Rave... if only that volley had gone in!  Imagine the #Scenes. Brilliant atmosphere generated by the fans as as well.  The Mallard was strengely quiet pre match.  I think a lot of fans were dreading this one.  But the players delivered and now they deserve a well earned rest.  Could have and should have been more goals.  Just listened to Adams interview.

What a seething mess.

You're going down with the Jambos!  :wave:

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 4