Europa Qualification Permutations

Bush

Why all this negativity, 3rd is still possible, if we beat Aberdeen and Celtic beat Motherwell next week, we are only 5 behind Motherwell with 4 games left.

Until its mathematically impossible: BELIEVE :ictscarf: :ictscarf:.

Ah, Mahonio! You've come Brora-ing back to life!

• Agree 1

Well thats the final we really didnt want... ah well 3rd or bust it is then!

St Johnstone lost somewhere in the region of £200k+ I believe.

Was this not to do with having to charter a plane to the deepest depths of Eastern Europe though?

St J will be on a high & take points of our rivals

Aberdeen will be pihsed off & drop pts

Dundee utd will have their eyes on the cup & drop pts

M`well will they lose to us, St J , & C

So where will that leave us, 6th probably! :ohmy:

Before anyone get's negative it's simple what we have to do, and how the teams are gonna react in the split 

1. St Johnston and Dundee United will both be focusing on the cup final that's it
  2. Celtic will be trying to play some of there youth cause they have already won the league which could be easier to play
  3. Aberdeen will be tired and will probably still be on a low after yesterday so they might struggle on Friday night
  4. Motherwall are the only team that we have to be concerned about cause they still are fighting for second

If we are being serious then 15 from 15 points is very much achievable and we should be pushing for that if europe is still something we want.

Obviously we want to finish as high up in the table as possible but its going to be a big ask to get the top 3 now. The only other chance after that is Dundee Utd manage to pip either one of the Dons or Motherwell into the top 3 and win the Scottish cup. Then 4th place becomes active and we would also have to overtake one of the two in 2nd and 3rd currently. Its not over and we should get behind the boys as much as we can as we have nothing to lose but it is a long shot of European qualification now.

Before anyone get's negative it's simple what we have to do, and how the teams are gonna react in the split

• St Johnston and Dundee United will both be focusing on the cup final that's it
  • Celtic will be trying to play some of there youth cause they have already won the league which could be easier to play
  • Aberdeen will be tired and will probably still be on a low after yesterday so they might struggle on Friday night
  • Motherwall are the only team that we have to be concerned about cause they still are fighting for second
If we are being serious then 15 from 15 points is very much achievable and we should be pushing for that if europe is still something we want.
1. Why would St Johnstone or Dundee United focus on a cup final that is 5 weeks away? If anything they will want to pushing up as far as the league as they can because obviously if St Johnstone win the cup then Dundee United will want/need to finish 3rd. I can't see them struggling.

2. Celtic will play a mixed side I would imagine and not a whole team of youngsters. A draw would be a great result IMO.

3. Aberdeen won't be tired if anything they will be focusing on making sure they finish second place.

4. As I said above I can't see Motherwell slumping now because they are on a bit of form at the moment.

For me personally, I would be happy enough with a 4th place finish as it's a bit more cash for ICT than a 5th place finish. If we finish 3rd then absolutely fantastic but as the saying goes whatever will be, will be!

Edited by ICTRoughi

It makes no difference whatsoever if Dundee United pip Motherwell for 3rd. We would still have to catch Motherwell for 4th which is pretty much the same position we are in now trying to catch them for 3rd. Same number of points to make up.

It's too much of a gap and one win against county is not going to suddenly make us unstoppable. We will never win every game post split.

• Agree 1

I'd rather see the players try things that will see them through pre-season and the start of next season well. This is the time to be taking risks and play without fear. Hughes will not have a better chance to show the fans the merits of what it is he is trying to do and the players can afford to try it out. 6th would be ok if it gave us all the assurance that this system is kosher.

Just realised Shinnie's suspended for the visit of Aberdeen on Friday.

A pity, but Tremarco will resume at left back with maybe Williams slotting in to left midfield. He'll be keen to face the Dons again after his cracking winner at Pittodrie, coupled with fact he missed out on facing them in the league Cup final.

What'll be interesting is who Yogi gives the captains arm-band to, in the absence of Foran and Shinnie.

I predict Warren....or perhaps big Draper!

• St Johnston and Dundee United will both be focusing on the cup final that's it
  • Celtic will be trying to play some of there youth cause they have already won the league which could be easier to play
  • Aberdeen will be tired and will probably still be on a low after yesterday so they might struggle on Friday night
  • Motherwall are the only team that we have to be concerned about cause they still are fighting for second

1. Why would St Johnstone or Dundee United focus on a cup final that is 5 weeks away? If anything they will want to pushing up as far as the league as they can because obviously if St Johnstone win the cup then Dundee United will want/need to finish 3rd. I can't see them struggling.

2. Celtic will play a mixed side I would imagine and not a whole team of youngsters. A draw would be a great result IMO.

3. Aberdeen won't be tired if anything they will be focusing on making sure they finish second place.

4. As I said above I can't see Motherwell slumping now because they are on a bit of form at the moment.

For me personally, I would be happy enough with a 4th place finish as it's a bit more cash for ICT than a 5th place finish. If we finish 3rd then absolutely fantastic but as the saying goes whatever will be, will be!

1. Both teams will not want to get their players injured so they might back off and not try as much so they have a fully fit squad for the final
  2. sure a draw would be great but out of the 3 fixtures we have played them apart from the 5-0 one it has always been close even that one at times we played better football than them, so i would say a win should be our target cause it's very much achievable
  3. After playing yesterday then they won't have the same time we have to train and get fit, plus some still might be angry at the result and put in a bad challenge on his own player
  4. Nah Motherwell will be our hardest game as i said before they still have everything to fight for