Rockness 2007

Mee

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

It is a good line up, however I think the title 'RockNess' doesn't quite refelct the bands that play.  Though saying that, Daft Punk is a great steal to get, they don't do that many live shows over here.

Does anyone thing that The Automatic are out of place here?

Alex, you posted the same link that Wyness Shuffle posted!  :015:

EWS - No the Automatic aren't out of place, "Whats that coming over the hill, is it a monster?" Was the anthem of last year's Rockness.

I'm nearly as excited about Rockness as I am about going to see Justin in May  :love04: :love04: :love04:

I've heard even Runrig are better than sex with you RiG  :015: :015: :015:

It wouldn't surprise me.

I once knobbed an old girlfriend for the duration of the Jimmy Eat World album "Futures"- a reasonably impressive 57 minutes. My friend, apparently inspired by this, decided to try and emulate me when he slept with his then girlfriend.

The day after I asked how he got on and he said "I got half way through 'I Want To Save You' " (song by a band called Something Corporate) which meant he had lasted an amazing 2 minutes and 10 seconds!  :015:

EWS - No the Automatic aren't out of place, "Whats that coming over the hill, is it a monster?" Was the anthem of last year's Rockness.

Just as it was the anthem for T in the Park, Reading, Leeds, V, Isle of Man and pretty much every festival there was last year.  Let me put it this way;

Chemical Brothers - Dance act

Groove Armada - Dance act

Daft Punk - Dance act

The Automatic - Wanky indie band, with wanky keyboardist and name corresponds to said syntax for new wanky bands - 'The [insert random word]'

Maybe, but it was particularly appropriate to Rockness so I'm not at all surprised they're playing.

Bit disappointed Fat Boy himself isn't in the lineup so far.

Maybe, but it was particularly appropriate to Rockness so I'm not at all surprised they're playing.

Bit disappointed Fat Boy himself isn't in the lineup so far.

Why was it particularly appropriate to Rockness?

From having spoken to the lead singer, the band hate that song because that is all they are known as.  He also said that they would probably stop playing it in live concerts because people know that song an that song only and as artists it really pisses them off.  In the scheme of things, they just look out of place really.

For the mass singalong to "Is it a monster?"  :017:

Looks like a few less dancey & more indie bands are confirming so they're even less out of place. And I don't think they'll get away without playing it!

So

Who's record collection is being played this year, do we have a wonderful collection of 45's, 33, and 78's on the gramaphones.

His Masters voice :dog01:

:groovy:

"Why was it particularly appropriate to Rockness?"???????????feck knows??????????

Not counting IHE, where does your nearest local monster live?

Seems like there's more live bands than DJs this year Mannie, you can put your Vera Lynn 78s away now  :001: