ie

Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO

TEXT
VIDEO

TEAM LINEUPS
post-2-0-81993500-1397845623_thumb.jpg

Although Dons had more possession, we created the best chances- pity we didn't manage to convert them.

Warren was a real 'captain courageous', MOM by a mile imo.

Christie looked sharper than Vincent. Surely he should be starting?

Makes my 11 point bid on the other thread a bit tough now, but not impossible!

Its a clean sheet and a draw against 2nd top of the league, according to BBC we had more shots on and off target - I did not see it  maybe not the best of games but how many of us would have taken a draw if offered before the game

• Agree 1

Unlucky not to get three points, we played well for 70 percent of the game, a god mix of styles and certainly the passing improving all the time. Defence pretty solid, Warren outstanding , Brill back to his best and no real negatives apart from two dangerous slip ups. but over all the better of the two defences. Had we taken half our chances and we made quite a few I don't think the Dons would have got back at us.  

• Agree 3

Solid performance, can't fault the team. I concur, Gary Warren MOTM by a mile.

The only changes I would make next week - Shinnie in for Watkins, Christie in for Vincent.

Edited by AlexJones

I keep asking the same question and still don't get an answer but why does Hughes keep playing Vincent? Within 3 minutes of Christie coming on he'd done more than Vincent in the time he was on. If Ryan had been on from the start we could have won easily. Tansey also disappointed me tonight. A pity Doran and McKay squandered those chances too.

Outplayed for a spell in the first half but nevertheless created 2 great chances for Billy. 2nd half was much more open and we could have nicked it (or lost it!) Vincent was nowhere tonight and Christie once again made a difference. Warren was brilliant and Draper broke the play up well. Billy worked his socks off and made the most of scraps. Tansey not at his best but the rest were solid. Opportunity missed, but probably a fair result.

• Agree 1

wasn't the worst i have ever seen but for all this talk of Hughes trying to instil neat passing football there was allot of high balls tonight. When we did have it i thought we looked dangerous but we lacked a final ball on most occasions or were not willing to shoot when the shot was on. Gary Warren was MOTM so why meekings got the sponsors is a complete joke in fact i thought he was a little to lax at the back and became sloppy. Warren was the leader we all know he is and did absolutely everything for the cause. Upfront and tonight could have been a different story Billy maybe shown a little bit more composure and bury the chances that he was taking at the start of the season. The thing i have noticed though is we dont get enough forward when attacking. The example being Tansey who hit the bar when he made a run beyond Billy to get into the box, i think we need more of that to cause teams problems. James Vincent was played in his right position tonight but he looked off the pace and lacked any real spark to be a major creator for Billy. We looked far more threatening when Christie came on but we just didnt keep it on the deck for long enough.   

With every cloud theres a silver lining... much more entertaining 0-0 draw than the final. Both teams had chances but we probably had the better of them, though McGinns miss in the first half was rather dire given his reputation. 

A lot of high balls and while there were some nice exchanges of play we seemed to struggle with the final ball, poor Vincent had a mare tonight, I think he managed to dig the ball out of his feet and pass it twice, and have one neat turn, rest of the times he was either shrugged off the ball or his first touch was utter guff, Christie showed more urgency when he came onto replace him.

Its a point I would have taken at the start but slightly disappointed we didnt take the win. 

• Agree 1

Well tonight was a much more positive home performance in recent weeks and I came away from the TCS tonight thinking Aberdeen were there for the taking tonight much as they were in the cup final. For me personally I felt 0-0 didn't reflect the game at all. I thought a draw in hindsight may have been the fairer result and there should have been loads of goals scored tonight - maybe that's credit to the goalkeepers. 

I am still finding myself getting frustrated at the passing back to the deep and even when we become under pressure Meekings or Warren passes back to Brill and just hoofing it. I personally don't see the point and also can't fathom how Raven nor Tremarco can't be passed to and getting the ball forward as quickly as possible to eliminate the pressure. With that being said I thought some of our passing was good in most spells and some mispasses were happening but that happened for Aberdeen too thankfully so I won't be too critical. I took a moment tonight and actually looked at the Aberdeen team and as much as I hate the wee sh*te, I thought we could have done with a player like Willo Flood. He got the ball from deep very well, held the ball and got the ball forward very well and even chipped in at both wings - a player that would suit John Hughes' passing style of play.

Since the injury I think James Vincent hasn't been up to scratch and I thought the difference between him and Ryan Christie was remarkable. Christie had so much energy, got the ball forward and managed to nutmeg an Aberdeen player too. In hindsight, I think John needs to make an executive decision and actually start Ryan Christie in games as we could be much better for it.

For me tonight, Ross Draper was my MOTM. Referee was terrible. I'll take a point but should have been 3, but hey ho Bring on Celtic :ictscarf:

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 3

Concur with pretty much all above posts.

defensively Warren and Raven covered everything. Barely saw Meekings touch the ball but will give him benefit of doubt and say it was cos everything was down Aberdeen's left. I was initially a big fan of Tremarco but not at the moment, agree that he's weakest link. Pains me to say it and I think he's more capable than the player we're currently seeing.

Draper was great in first half, broke up everything. Wish Tansey had been more influential as we've seen glimmers of a tremendous player.

I actually didn't think Vincent was that bad at all, but when Christie came on the difference was stark. What talent and what vision that lad has got. Seriously, the club should gamble on a very generous long term contract for him, with clauses if necessary. I for one have never seen such talent break through our ranks and its a joy to see.

overall a pleasant no score draw, no complaints and looking forward to next season!

• Agree 1

Happy with our overall performance. Back in reality land taking at least a point off a team with Aberdeens resources was well deserved. They travelled up from Aberdeen and stayed in Inverness last night!- what the hell is that all about. For me hearing stuff like that emphasises the funding gap we just won't close. Disappointed we didn't take more from game and always feel Aberdeen are there for the taking if you pressurise their creaky back line but suppose that's how they suck teams up the park to hit them on the break. I thought Tansey put in a fair shift chasing down in midfield in front of Drapes and I'd defend Tremarco performance too. Did Billy miss chances or did Langfield have some good saves? - apart from one I think it was the latter. Unfortunately I agree with majority that James Vincent was off the boil tonight seemed like nothing worked for him in attacking or defensive mode but he didn't hide and kept going. Christie looked the part in flashes some real visionary passes to open Aberdeen up but caught in possession a few times too- More protein shakes and gym work needed before earning a starting slot so he has power and strength to match his skill and tenacity - excellent impact sub tonight. He can fair jump for a wee loon a well.