Inverness CT -V- Dundee Utd

Scotty

I would ask Renegade and Kingsmills to have the 'balls' to give their names on this web site as they seem to have negative posts on almost everything. Renegade thinks Christie should have been subbed after an hour because of fatigue??? can he please tell me what Watkins or Dorran contributed in the match or does he think their contribution to the team was acceptable?   

Well someone's in a bad mood!

1. My name is Renegade.

2. Negative posts on everything?  Oh, you mean focussing on the things you don't agree with and ignoring the rest (have a read of my comments about Williams and Tremarco).  I also try to be as constructive and back-up my points as much as possible and be respectful of others with opposing views.

3. Christie and fatigue.  Yeah, maybe 70 minutes then, but to me he looked shattered and seemed to be tighter marked in the second half.  I'd have like to see Ross on earlier to try and unlock the door.  He played well, as did Draper and a good few others.

4. Watkins was quite good and Doran tried hard, but little came off for him today.  Acceptable?  Well they tried hard so yes.

Before you attempt to try and portray me as some kind of non-fan or a crocodile wallowing in a swamp of negativity, I've only missed two competitive games all seasons, attended a fair few of the pre-season friendlies including Keith and Charlton and every U20 match I can (including trips to places on weeknights where I was the only away fan there!).  I'll be on my way to the stadium soon to renew my season ticket as well.

Why are you so angry?  I quick skim of your posts all seem to be attacks on other posters and I seem to be the one you really don't like.  Why?  Why can't we be friends?  :sad:

See you in Motherwell!  :wave:

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Renegade I certainly don't 'dislike you' as I have no idea who you are? My reservations concern your posts regarding the team performances. If you regard Watkins performance as being 'quite good' and Dorans display as acceptable that makes little sense. I think it's superb that you attend almost every match and are a regular season tkt holder but I would ask why you would not feel secure enough in your posts to use your name. In fact would this web site not be a better place and more beneficial to the club if we all used our real names and we all(myself included) had the balls to stand up and be honest when we posted opinions on the club? 

Having watched the game I thought the team did very well considering we had 4/5 first team regulars out! Unfortunately the consensus on this site seems to lean towards the negative aspects of the game - definitely not a positive but certainly the easier way to go. There was certainly signs of Hughes' new methods taking shape especially first half and Williams, Tansey and Christie did very well. Sadly Doofers Dad, Renegade, Kingsmills etc. will thrive on the negatives and have a field day that we didn't beat a team that pay over twice our average salary and have over twice the number of season ticket holders than ICT enjoy? But moaners will be moaners!       

Tansey constantly let the ball run across him, and then either failed to control it or passed it to a United player. I thought the defense all played well, particularly given the makeshift nature, although they still managed to give Brill a backpass where his clearance was charged down.

I thought Watkins looked lively for about an hour, and Doran was constantly looking for the ball and seemed willing to run at the United defence.

And regarding the new methods - the passing is too slow, and is carried out about 70 yards too near our own goal.

At least Renegade usually comes up with a rationale fer his comments - and if you read them instead of pre-judging then they are often a mix of good and bad. Again if you read through this thread the majority of posts are mixed - becos there have been many that have been simply only sniping and criticising I suspect that many are being protective and defensive and overly complimentary.

I have been missing in action fer a few weeks but am I right in saying that we do have a Plan B and more. It takes time to adapt to a new system and the team have to adapt to a mix of patient build up and swift counter attack. Am I wrong or is that summat that we deployed whe we had Niculae entrenched? My concerns are that slowing it down becomes habituall but that is where Latapy should be an influence. My other concern is that we have a wealth of talent that play on the touch lines. It looks like Yogi is either getting rid or changing. That is the type of football that I pay to watch. The final and major concern is that we could materialise into a structured, organised and solid unit - but minus that important entertainment ingredient.

By the way - did anyone notice how many goals Cellic scored yesterday ? Did anyone notice what is happening in Leith and Tinkerville ? I would far rather be whingeing about performance in the safe haven of the Top Six than be scouring the table trying to figure out all the permutations.

Great to see Dungdee back and come on you Queens - may even travel to Dumfries if the Messiah is in the manure

• Agree 1

Just watched the highlights. Forgot how many good stops Brill made in the game. With regards to the United equaliser El Alagui does stick his hand out and it does catch Brill in the face so I guess there can be some complaints about allowing the goal to stand.

Thought there was some good football played by us in the first half but if you don't get that second goal the inevitable will happen.

Good display by Christie and after last performance against Ute I'll take the point although I think we could have had all 3.

Those guys at half time were awesome, yep I was one o the golden oldies, made our day even at our age and stature!!!!!

• Agree 2

Rimet,

It was obvious that Christie need to be substituted earlier as while he was good in the first half, he did fade badly in the second half and was guilty of losing possession too easily. That is not having a go at Christie but he is still learning as a footballer and the change needed to be made earlier. The same for Watkins who did fade badly as well and not for the first time this season in the second half. If you think Aaron Dorran contributed nothing in the match, you obviously were not watching the same game.

• Agree 1

Like most posters, I thought we played okay for most of the first half, passing was better and quicker with less time spent playing it across the back before going forward. Though Williams was a revelation at left back and displayed good skills. United sussed out the lack of height in our defence and sent on another tall forward at the start of the second half and then bombarded our penalty area with crosses and should have scored before they did although it certainly looked a foul on Brill from where I was sitting. The other thing about the second half  was that we started to sit far too deep which invited United on to us although it does say something about how we played that most of there attempts were long balls/crosses with not a lot of football played. Overall, an improvement on previous weeks in what I thought was an entertaining game. if anyone didn't think it was an entertaining game, not sure what they really expect from a match.

I was really disappointed at the gamesmanship displayed by Dundee Utd and not for the first time they have been here. Players going down at the slightest contact to win free kicks, conning the referee and even the keeper at the end who rolled about as if he head been almost decapitated until he found out there was no danger. It truly sickens me that some teams seem to have to do this. The referee certainly didn't help being conned on every occasions and making some bizarre decisions. I don't think we have had many breaks from referees at home all season.

Anyway some encouragement for next week and roll on next season.

• Agree 3

I thought the first half was the best I have seen at home all season. My man of the match would have been Danny Devine - good defensively and excellent use of the ball in possession. Closely followed by Danny Williams - good use of his speed to make tackles and willing to take men on when that was better than passing to someone in a tight position.

Disappointed that we failed to keep it up in the second half but hopeful that this is a sign of better things to come.

• Agree 3

Like most posters, I thought we played okay for most of the first half, passing was better and quicker with less time spent playing it across the back before going forward. Though Williams was a revelation at left back and displayed good skills. United sussed out the lack of height in our defence and sent on another tall forward at the start of the second half and then bombarded our penalty area with crosses and should have scored before they did although it certainly looked a foul on Brill from where I was sitting. The other thing about the second half  was that we started to sit far too deep which invited United on to us although it does say something about how we played that most of there attempts were long balls/crosses with not a lot of football played. Overall, an improvement on previous weeks in what I thought was an entertaining game. if anyone didn't think it was an entertaining game, not sure what they really expect from a match.

I was really disappointed at the gamesmanship displayed by Dundee Utd and not for the first time they have been here. Players going down at the slightest contact to win free kicks, conning the referee and even the keeper at the end who rolled about as if he head been almost decapitated until he found out there was no danger. It truly sickens me that some teams seem to have to do this. The referee certainly didn't help being conned on every occasions and making some bizarre decisions. I don't think we have had many breaks from referees at home all season.

Anyway some encouragement for next week and roll on next season.

Sorry but I don't think it is gamesmanship - its out and out cheating - politically correct "simulation". Not trying to be controversial but, it seems to be the foreign players who are more "adept" at this, ie the Dundee United goalie is a good example, and the foreign Ross County players too..... just note..... who else can you name? The list is quite long this season, just a pity that some of the other players are catching on.

Yes I think all things considered. the crowd was as expected.

Al Agui--if he is the big , black guy I am thinking of then he's a really dangerous and skilful player.

Wish I coud see the games on video so that  we can make up our own minds on what's what. One day though!

If booting the ball  up the park, instead of tryig to  fancy-foot your way out of our own penalty box, then so be it. It means one thing--the opposition spends time and energy running backwards and not towards our goal and gives our boys a breather. just thinking...

Cheers

S P

Watched the highlights, little bit concerned at how easily we seemed to be cut open by the long ball down through the middle over the top. We looked good 1st half but after that United passed up a lot of good chances and brought a few good saves from Brill. Maybe that's just selective editing.

As much as Dean Brill might have had a case for being fouled at the goal, I'd have liked to see someone of his size be a little stronger there.