Where are supporters clubs located?

Replying to post one, no there isnt apart from CJT.

However there is nothing to stop anyone from starting one up and recruiting members, its only in name anyway.

Im sure Caleythistleonline could assist on this web site regarding recruiting. It also helps to add your location to your profile on this site.

I have asked CJT about this and once formed it would be ok to come under the CaleyJagsTogether umbrella. Perhaps joining both at the same time.

Juanjo Away was formed a few years ago and I believe CJT still hold the contact details on the data base.

Just give yourself a name and start recruiting, perhaps when joining CJT  for £1,  a new heading could be created  so that you could be affiliated with a local supporters group, its that easy and that simple.

Whats in it for you? short term- meeting new people, organising a local get together from time to time if you choose to, longer term- simplifying transport arrangements to home/away games, making a simple phone call to CJT for the next  semi final  and saying for example Ive got 50 ICT Vikings who would like to get a bus from the Dornoch Tain area, can you offer assistance. 

We can also get a supporters group flag made up for a very reasonable price.

Whats in it for me?  satisfaction from seeing our young club mature and seeing our fans catch up with what other clubs have been doing for decades.

The only thing  preventing this from happening is you.

Good Luck.

• Agree 1

I feel that there could be interest within  the  5 secondary school located in and around the city. Maybe the club could help to get supporters clubs running in the I.R.A, Milburn, Charleston, High School and Culloden. Even if the club "donated" a flag to each of the secondary supporters clubs and members could get some perks. Could potentially be run by 5th , 6th year pupils. 

Are there supporters clubs located in Nairn, Black Isle, Western Isles?

You will find various supporters clubs in Inverness but sadly none are ICT? Not sure you could class Caleyjagsforever a supporters club to be honest but I will apologise if that's how they see themselves

We have like most towns and cities in Scotland both Orc and Septics but also County,Aberdeen,Manchester Utd even f****** Dundee

Draw your conclusions from that but it's a sorry indictment on Invernessians

Dougal

• Agree 1

You will find various supporters clubs in Inverness but sadly none are ICT? Not sure you could class Caleyjagsforever a supporters club to be honest but I will apologise if that's how they see themselves

We have like most towns and cities in Scotland both Orc and Septics but also County,Aberdeen,Manchester Utd even f****** Dundee

Dougal

The conclusion I would draw is that (most of) these other supporters clubs are relics of the days before there was league football in Inverness, and many people had a big team in the league as well as a Highland League team.

Was there not another supporters club for a while called 'Caley Jags 94' or something?

Yes there was. It started out in 1995 as the Thistle Inn Supporters Club back in the Telford Park days. They were mostly season ticket holders & used to hire minibuses to travel to a lot of away games, sponsor players, enjoy hospitality to put some money back into the club? It was the first official supporters club before Dougie McGilvray poached its Chairman to start the Caley Thistle Supporters Club.

Once the Thistle Inn changed from the high class establishment it once was and very few of it's members drank there anymore, it changed its name to ICT94 Supporters Club.

Unfortunately about 3 years ago, due to members losing interest, moving away, etc. it was disbanded.

Edited by Ally in the I

Dougal

What exactly would your expectations be of an ICT supporters club. Then compare your expectation levels with other other SPFL, SCs in Inverness, then ask yourself if CJT exceed the efforts of any other SC in Inverness.

Edited by 12th Man