Season tickets

12th Man

I never suggested that people's decisions to buy will be influenced by season ticket sales and I agree the club has done well to hold prices.  My point is simply that you can't have a debate about why sales are up or down if you don't know what the figures are.

I'm not sure why you would be concerned that the press might use the figures for comparison with Aberdeen.  So what if they do?  There is the view that any publicity is good publicity and in any case it should be used as an opportunity to respond to the reasons some people may give for not renewing season tickets.  Not being open with the media about the numbers being sold only suggests the club has someting to hide.

That's my point though.  We all know that clubs, not just ICTFC, face a difficult task in increasing crowds so why waste time debating on whether sales are up or down when it will be fairly obvious come the start of the season if there's a significant change?! Surely the benefit is to be had from directing that discussion and effort into trying to increase the number regardless of what it is/was?

Re LCF Ticket Sales.....because it takes focus away from the football (especially ahead of a major final).

The "any publicity is good publicity" thing is a line often trotted out by people who screw up and try to justify or play down their error...I've tried using it myself in the past!!!  If the PR person is good then they can often spin it or turn it to their advantage....but it certainly shouldn't be used as tactic or excuse to intentionally pass off information which you know will be twisted or used negatively.....god knows we (football in general) get enough of that already. Take a look at any national paper and work out the % of football articles that are positive in nature...very low.

There absolutely should be a flow of information between club and fans and I champion, promote and work on improving that position nearly every day.  However, it has to be managed and accepted that sometimes there's nothing to be gained from giving some information purely for the sake of it, especially (as I've said already) when it is only used to distract from the more practical and beneficial things.

Of course, sometimes you have to deliver "negative" news...and I'm not for one second suggesting that stuff be brushed under the carpet purely on the basis that you don't like what you have to put out.  Again, it's all about managing it.

As for the 'if you don't tell us you must have something to hide' angle....nice try, but I'm pretty much immune to that line these days... :lol:

It's entirely possible that the club could change their stance from previous seasons and publicise a figure (it's not my decision to make)...if they did though, I wouldn't be expecting it after the first week of sales.

Of course I agree that we should be trying to get sales up regardless of the whether sales are up or down, but the point surely is that it will be easier to do that if you know the reasons why those who you might most expect to buy tickets are not buying them.

Of course I agree that we should be trying to get sales up regardless of the whether sales are up or down, but the point surely is that it will be easier to do that if you know the reasons why those who you might most expect to buy tickets are not buying them.

How would publicly knowing the numbers (presuming they're down) help you know the actual reasons for non renewal? You could just as well guess the reasons knowing the numbers or not. Unless they publicly released contact details for those not renewing so we could all give them a ring and ask.

Paid for ours last week, Couldn't imagine not going to the games Win lose or draw there is nowhere better on a Saturday afternoon. Out of interest when are the st books expected to be posted out

• Agree 1

Paid for ours last week, Couldn't imagine not going to the games Win lose or draw there is nowhere better on a Saturday afternoon. Out of interest when are the st books expected to be posted out

Think it will be after the new sponsor is announced?

How would publicly knowing the numbers (presuming they're down) help you know the actual reasons for non renewal? You could just as well guess the reasons knowing the numbers or not. Unless they publicly released contact details for those not renewing so we could all give them a ring and ask.

There's two points here.  My original comment was in response to conjecture around poor sales and I was simply making the point that unless info on sales is made public there is little point having that conjecture. Any idividual can post the reasons for them buying / not buying a season ticket but having that debate in the context of known sales data would allow the thread to explore the reasons behind the facts rather than simply dabbling in speculation.  Quite separate is the issue for the club.  Whether they release the data or not, the club will know whether sales are up or down and that will influence what steps they decide to take to find out why folk either do or do not buy a season ticket. It would be perfectly reasonable for the club to give folk a ring to find out their views.

Think it will be after the new sponsor is announced?

Thanks

The club do phone people.

I can testify to that. Some people seem to think the folk that work on the club sit on their backsides all day doing nothing. I think it was last season or the season before I had a couple of calls asking if I was renewing and explaining all the benefits of renewing early, discounts etc. The club may not be perfect off the field but they seem to have a very false picture painted of them on here at times.

• Agree 2

There's two points here.  My original comment was in response to conjecture around poor sales and I was simply making the point that unless info on sales is made public there is little point having that conjecture. Any idividual can post the reasons for them buying / not buying a season ticket but having that debate in the context of known sales data would allow the thread to explore the reasons behind the facts rather than simply dabbling in speculation.  Quite separate is the issue for the club.  Whether they release the data or not, the club will know whether sales are up or down and that will influence what steps they decide to take to find out why folk either do or do not buy a season ticket. It would be perfectly reasonable for the club to give folk a ring to find out their views.

Much of what's discussed here and on other threads and forums etc is conjecture and opinion. I don't see why this particular issue so desperately needs specific numbers after 5 days of sales to be able to discuss sensibly the possible ramifications of and reasons for lower sales, it's been discussed plenty in the past without the figures being announced if I recall. 

I have just renewed (moved seats slightly) in probably the best value seats in SPFL £200 1 Adult + 2 under 16's section A (uncovered section) it rained once in all games at home this season (midweek and if we moved to empty seat don't think I would of got a row)

on a slight tangent, because I had these seats when we made it to our first major final I was able to buy tickets for as many as wanted and thanks to CJT I was able to get a bus running from slightly out of Inverness.

• Agree 2

will be getting mine this week as yet again another season of highs and lows still doesn't dent my enthusiasm and still believe we can have another history making season next season again . :smile: and keep our wee club next door below us again  :wink:  

• Agree 1

I'll be renewing my shortly. Regardless of my opinions of Hughes I can't imagine being anywhere else on a Saturday afternoon. Or Saturday lunchtime. Or Saturday evening. Or Sunday lunchtime. Or Friday night. Or Tuesday night. Or Wednesday night.

• Agree 5

I've heard Ross County's sales are going far better than ours but then that's to be expected given the feeling of Inverness people towards Caley Thistle.

BA

• Agree 1

And you know this how?. If you are going to make statements like this, I think you need information/evidence to back this up.

I think he may have being taking the Michael out of another poster by the name of D****l.

• Agree 3

And you know this how?. If you are going to make statements like this, I think you need information/evidence to back this up.

I think he may have being taking the Michael out of another poster by the name of D****l.

Aye theirs are not on sale yet ha ha