Season tickets

12th Man

Don't you people know that Ross County are the biggest club in the world and have loads of fans, especially in Inverness and everyone in Inverness hates ICT, even the ones that go to games and had the two clubs not merged, Caley and Thistle would have been the biggest clubs ever and have really big supports, because afterall, the Caley and Thistle got 100,000 at every game?!

Renegade

• Agree 2

I see the cover for the new seaons tickets is a photo of fans at the Cup Final.

Some dubious sights and a less tolerant person would take issue with some of the 'offensive' faces on display :wink:

By freezing the season ticket costs the club appear to be genuinely worried that the interest in season tickets are on the decline or that is the message that's portrayed to me anyway

Ok freezing it is a reasonable gesture but a slight decrease in cost would have maybe encouraged the numbers who aren't renewing to rethink or better still recruit some new

Could be a little ambitious in thinking they might get 1000 but let's hope so

Dougal

Dougal, perhaps the club realise that fans already pay through the nose as it is, even if we are the cheapest available. If the costs of putting on a game are not significantly increasing there is no reason to increase them,

Had season tickets gone on sale pre-Butcher leaving they would have been flying out of the door. With Yogi in charge I'm sorry but there is nothing on show to entice people (new or existing) to sign up for next season. Results & performances since January have been woeful at best, our league position has collapsed and our best player will leave in the summer. The decision to appoint this clown will hit the club in the pocket now - hopefully that opens their eyes.

How about having just completing arguably our most successful season ever? Having a whole team signed up for the new season and a club who are healthy and looking to go one better?

What players are leaving this summer? They've ALL signed new long term deals. None are out of contract. Our chairman today said only truly exceptional offers will be considered. Some people just look for the gloom when all the evidence suggests a contrary reality.

Im fearfull about season ticket sales next season. I hear there is a lot of disgruntled ST holders who are planning not renewing for next season

Glory hunters? I'd have thought most season ticket holders would be the more hardcore fans who support the team through thick and thin.

I support the team so buying a season ticket makes sense regardless of who is in charge or how we are playing. Other than for financial reasons I don't see why anyone would just give up on going along and supporting the team.

As I was saying... hear hear  :clapping:

• Agree 1

Don't you people know that Ross County are the biggest club in the world and have loads of fans, especially in Inverness and everyone in Inverness hates ICT, even the ones that go to games and had the two clubs not merged, Caley and Thistle would have been the biggest clubs ever and have really big supports, because afterall, the Caley and Thistle got 100,000 at every game?!

Renegade

Out of interest, this has always intrigued me, how much was the average gate for the 2 teams in their last 5 years? Most 3rd division teams get about 500, they weren't even at that level...

haven't read the previous posts. Just on for a wee rant. Phoned ticket hotline to renew our season tickets. The female who answered couldn't even say Inverness Caledonian Thistle properly. I said "It's okay - I'll just phone the club" and hung up. Which is what I did and no hassle. If someone can't even pronounce club name properly I don't want to deal with them. I must be becoming a grumpy old git!! Rant over.

• Agree 1

haven't read the previous posts. Just on for a wee rant. Phoned ticket hotline to renew our season tickets. The female who answered couldn't even say Inverness Caledonian Thistle properly. I said "It's okay - I'll just phone the club" and hung up. Which is what I did and no hassle. If someone can't even pronounce club name properly I don't want to deal with them. I must be becoming a grumpy old git!! Rant over.

Personally wouldnt do it any other way but through the club. Call centres just annoy me. 

• Agree 2

I didn't get any vouchers with my season ticket but I see on the ICT site you can request them.

I doubt I'd use them anyway. Anyone want to buy them? Say for £50?

• Agree 2

I know it isnt season ticket specific but this article is a good read about Roy Macgregor  http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ross-county-chairman-roy-macgregor-3632540 Im not suggesting we implement what he has as we cant afford it but the idea of engaging with the community makes a lot of sense and i feel we are doing that

Excellent article from a forward looking chairman. 

Agreed we seem to lag behind RC off the field & commercially.

In what way do we lag behind them in either of these areas? Don't see it myself. The ladies loos in the away end at GES don't even flush for goodness sake!

A lot of their fans would much rather money spent on the team instead of vanity projects such as the media centre etc

Oh and they are the only club in the premiership with no official presence on social media.

• Agree 1

Face facts when it comes to marketing ictfc we are miles behind are competitors.

We have barely made any inroads in infrastructue except two temporary stands and a portakabin for a clubshop.

On the other hand what has been achieved on the field with such a small budget is testament to the managers, players and coaching staff.

Personally I would like to see some cash made available to be spent on the infrastructure.

Face facts when it comes to marketing ictfc we are miles behind are competitors.

We have barely made any inroads in infrastructue except two temporary stands and a portakabin for a clubshop.

On the other hand what has been achieved on the field with such a small budget is testament to the managers, players and coaching staff.

Personally I would like to see some cash made available to be spent on the infrastructure.

You said we were miles behind County but you're not giving me examples? Away stand at County same construction type. Think they're ticket offices are portacabins? Marketing?

Excellent article from a forward looking chairman. 

Agreed we seem to lag behind RC off the field & commercially.    

Go on, furnish us with a list of the things where we're lagging behind RC.....I'd far rather pull apart those points one by one than make a general "you're talking out your hat" comment.

• Agree 1

We simply don't have a club or a chairman that goes in for self aggrandisement. Other than that we at least equal and often exceed the on and off the field activities of our neighbours.

• Agree 2

Ross County accounts for year ending June 2013 (most recent available) show that they lost around £3 Million for season 2012/13....and increased the clubs debts as a result.

Don't believe everything (anything) you read in the press.  Ross County are far from "living within their means" and Roy MacGregor is not paying for everything.....they are racking up debt hand over fist and it is only sustainable so long as they have someone who's willing to put their name against it.  He could walk away tomorrow and leave the club with massive debts and little or no means by which to pay them.

Look at Gretna, Livingston (twice), Hearts, Rangers, Dundee (twice), Dunfermline, Clydebank, Morton, Airdrie....all clubs who paid the price for putting blind faith in Owners/Chairman who all tried to gain/maintain success doing the exact same thing.

I have zero desire to see ICTFC operating in a manner akin to anything that Ross County are doing.

• Agree 2

I do however think his idea re free (ish) shirts for youngsters is super and could be copied at little cost.

The advertising walking down high street would offer a potential return AND be more pleasing on the eye than the ugly sisters ones.

The fact that some children are wearing them will, in my opinion, activate the purchase for other pals to receive them as birthday or Christmas pressies. This could then lead on to pressure on parents to take little Rupert (that sounds a very Sneck name nowadays - it was in the past ..... Dan!) to see the team playing.

• Agree 1

If Mr McGregor has money to burn on shirts and free buses to away games then so be it. Let him spend it. Why do we need to be compared to them anyway? We are the ones who've been top six last two seasons. They are the ones favourite for the drop.

• Agree 1

Maybe if we had a Mr McGregor type of character at this club from day one ICT would have had a support to be proud off in terms of numbers and locals who never turned their backs and went elsewhere

Jealousy is not a nice trait folks, if I'm being honest I think he is doing a remarkable job at our near neighbours and he certainly seems to get the majority of his community behind his club

Dougal

Maybe if we had a Mr McGregor type of character at this club from day one ICT would have had a support to be proud off in terms of numbers and locals who never turned their backs and went elsewhere

Jealousy is not a nice trait folks, if I'm being honest I think he is doing a remarkable job at our near neighbours and he certainly seems to get the majority of his community behind his club

Dougal

:lol:

• Agree 1