Motherwell -V- Inverness C.T.

Scotty

For those who can face it, don't forget the game's on Alba in a few minutes.

Just seen the 2nd half on Alba the now (can't believe I went and missed MOTD for it, ugh!) and if people are worried about tippy tappy football then thankfully Hughes seemed to abandon it. Don't think I saw more than 2 passes in succession. The standard was deplorable. Chronic to watch. Utter dire nonsense.

I know football in Scotland has been getting steadily worse but that ranked on amateur. So many aimless stray balls.

I see some comments above about sustained pressure but if that's the best we've offered for a while then I'm really worried at it was terrible fare. The recent County game was ok. But that. I'm just glad there's only 1 game left and I can focus that weekend on the last weekend of the Premiership even though tonight has effectively finished it off barring a West Ham surprise.

So glad it's a word cup year. Can erase that from my mind watching Brazil and Germany (Not Spain, it'll bring back bad flash backs).

Guest Mahonio

Hughes OUT Asap!!!!!

This ***** just doesn't have a clue!!!!

No, you don't.

It is posts like this that are driving me away from this forum now **** OFF FFS!!

Hughes OUT Asap!!!!!

No, you don't.

It is posts like this that are driving me away from this forum now **** OFF FFS!!

bbs4e42.gif

• Agree 1

Hughes OUT Asap!!!!!

No, you don't.

You keep saying this, and yet you keep returning.

As has been said earlier, rather than unleashing streams of invective, why don't you give supporting evidence for your beliefs.

You have also made a serious, and quite possibly libelous, allegation earlier in the thread. Do you wish to back that up?

Ffs, the man is a born failure, tell me one job where he has succeeded because I can't think of a single one!!!?

Plus he is a liar!

A born failure?  The man was a good player in his day and now manages a team in the top six of Scottish football.  I'm sure he'd give it all up for a big winner job like washing dishes or pulling pints at a golf course club house!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Watched the game on alba and took to counting our first half passing /possession because it was unspectacular with passing across our own 18 yard box the norm. 5-8 passes then to brill and a hoof up for a well header or mis-pass. (maybe didn't help I already knew score). 2nd half much better and possession was still neat, tidy and a little more urgent. We looked the part of a good footy team if maybe still lacking that consistent killer end product for chance creation. JH 23 points from 23 games so far.By my reckoning if we cut out the celtic spankings a season of games could yield 38 points and 7th place next season. I'll take that now with a cup thrown in too. I've sat through worse in the cold and rain under TB tenure so think I'll stick with it.  :smile:

• Agree 2

I have just watched the game on Alba. I have not seen or watched a game fer weeks and I was expecting to come on here in a mega-critical manner. To me - that was encouraging :ohmy: - I thought that we edged the first half. We gave them two truly AWFUL goals - what the feck was Draper thinking. If you go 1-0 down early doors away to anybody it is an uphill struggle. 2-0 and you are fecked. And what the feck was Gary Warren feckin doing fer the second - that was a clearance by foot and he practically stumbled. I will head to the critique later but with a little rub of the green in the first half and a more precise final ball we could have been level at least. I did not see aimless possession in her own half - I saw patient build up most of the time against a very defence orientated Well side. At times I actually thought that we resorted to aimless hoofs too often :blink:

We totally bossed the second half and the Mckay miss in added on time just summed up the nite. We could have won 6 or 7 - 2 fer fecks sake. We fought till the dying whistle and ya could see the togetherness and the spirit - encouraging to moi in itself.

So let me be critical from a wholly personal persepective

BRILL :sad: Simply does not float my boat. Is not commanding enuff and still feels like he could make mistakes on a regular basis. Plus he is too slow and too erratic in his distribution.

RAVEN :smile: :smile: :smile:  I don't think that he is 100% fit but he is a solid defender and can be a fairly accomplished wing back going forward

TREMARCO :sad: A temporary cover fer me. A solid, rugged and reliable enuff defender but clueless going forward at the SPL level. I am convinced that opposition coaches ignore him going forward and that can cost us.

DEVINE :smile:  :smile: Again a squad player and nowhere near the pace and positioning of Meekings. Pretty reliant on Warren.

WARREN :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Being asked to take on too much responsibility and misses pace recovery alongside him.

DRAPER :smile: :smile: :smile: Again I like him but we need to decide what position he is more suited to. Pace wise he is a "hole in front of the defence" player but he appears to think himself of being an attacking midfielder.

TANSEY :smile: :smile: :smile: If he is the playmaker which he appears to be he should be played in a system around that and him

SHINNIE :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Best left sided wing back in Scotland fer me - and would be a shoe on cap if he played consistently in that position for a BIGGER team. If I was him I would move. if he chooses not to he is either that wing back or a left sided midfielder - not an emergency right back or a central midfielder

WATKINS :smile: :smile: :smile:  He played wide all the time and hugged the touchline. I think he suffers from the system but he will only get better

DORAN :smile: :smile: :ohmy: Some fine touches and suits a roving role but can we stop him roving round the pie shops during the day. So much potential yet so much disregard for his body.

Mckay :smile: :smile: :smile: Simply looks fecked and in need of a rest. But he will come good again but desperately needs support.

CHRISTIE :smile: :smile: :smile: Great prospect and brought life to the team and the game when he came on. Really need to decide where we play him. To me he is an Andy Shinnie type player BUT Mckay and Christie do not equate.

Tactically our defence was RIDICULOUSLY deep in the first half and you could have driven Terry Butchers ego through the middle in the first half. Now if Blobby Mann was in there we could play the cultured ball from the back BUT we do not have anything like a Blobby Mann. And we were far too square to boot. And the gap between defence and midfield in the first half was equally RIDICULOUS.

If Hughes is looking at Barcelona it is not the possession aspect to me but it appears to be the concept of "total football". It appeared to me that he was looking fer Tansey, Draper, Shinnie and Doran to interchange and cover each other - It simply did not and will not work- that takes real structure, talent and experience - we aint got that. Go fer a compact but higher up the pitch defence - put a Busquet in front of it - or even a Russell feckin Duncan (who cos I don't think none of them suit that) - then we need the Ian Black type in central midfield beside them (I don't think any of them are suited to that either) - and then we have the Rankin type (that is Tansey - or perhaps Christie) and then we have the Cowie type (and that could be Watkins). Then we have the front two. Personally I would prefer a more traditional centre forward (Brewster / Ritchie) with a Dargo (Mckay) in support.

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER
  • Agree 4

Guest Mahonio

I am allowed an opinion but you guys have started a witch-hunt ever since day 1, but enough is enough ffs!

This forum has favourites and no matter what they say, they get away with it yet you also get posters who are hated, ME, where criticism is aimed at EVERY ******* TIME I POST, yet nothing gets done.

A great way to keep as many posters/members on this forum, NOT!!

A piece of dirt gets treated better than me and it is making me sad because I like using this forum but until I get treated better, I am refusing to post!!!

Oh please IHE, not a higher defence, we get wiped out by the long ball easily enough as it is these days. It's like the boys dont know what to do with it so just let it bounce.

I never saw the 1st half to compare but I can't see where this neat and tidy incisive football we played in the 2nd half came from. It simply didn't. Motherwell weren't any better. It was just sloppy basic mis placed pass after misplaced pass followed by donkey touch.

To say we could have would 6 or 7 - 2 is crazy. We had 2 decent chances outwith the goal. The Tansey free kick and Mckay hitting the post.

Sorry but - look at my post - tell me your rationale fer your evident disappointment at tonights' performance - and have you watched it on Alba ? The problem is that without reasoning you are fecked - and again I am sorry - you are acting like a total ersehole.

STOP saying you are not going to post again and then post again - either stay off and gather yer thoughts or fight back with some rational critique.

I am allowed an opinion but you guys have started a witch-hunt ever since day 1, but enough is enough ffs!

This forum has favourites and no matter what they say, they get away with it yet you also get posters who are hated, ME, where criticism is aimed at EVERY ******* TIME I POST, yet nothing gets done.

A piece of dirt gets treated better than me and it is making me sad because I like using this forum but until I get treated better, I am refusing to post!!!

post-4861-0-17685300-1399506851.jpg

Mahonio, i can't speak for everyone but I dont really pay much attention to who posts when I reply to it. However if it looks like tripe I'll voice my opinion on this.

Now you've moaned a few times that you're getting treated unfairly, and as such I have noticed what you post to see if you have a point..... you do post a fair bit of, lets say, ill informed points with little factual back up.

I don't think its a vendetta. I just think your posts perhaps leave themselves a little open to counter argue.

If you don't play a higher defence ya will always be at risk. I am going to watch the highlights again tomorrow but we had so many chances where the final pass or cross was lacking and where we simply did not have the rub of the green. Where did I say neat and incisive - it was blood and guts.

Guest Mahonio

Mahonio, i can't speak for everyone but I dont really pay much attention to who posts when I reply to it. However if it looks like tripe I'll voice my opinion on this.

Now you've moaned a few times that you're getting treated unfairly, and as such I have noticed what you post to see if you have a point..... you do post a fair bit of, lets say, ill informed points with little factual back up.

I don't think its a vendetta. I just think your posts perhaps leave themselves a little open to counter argue.

Have a look at IHE post and tell me that isn't abuse and, as usual, nothing is done about it. Calling me an ******** IS abuse and I DEMAND that something done, it isn't 1st time that he has posted something abusive so a ban needs imposed imho!

Mahonio--I suggested privately a very long time ago when you first came on here that you just take it easy and also gave you a couple of tips how to fit in and  so forth.

But , no, you prefer to become increasingly agitated, very angry, vitriolic and frequently swearing and sometimes you just lose it altogether -seemingly because people disagree with you and suggest you post in another more reasoned way. It's not life and death it's only a game.

Personally speaking, I would prefer that you do now take a break and calm down because I find your posting  to be very disagreeable, upsetting and not appropriate. And I am now suffering from a severe case of fed-upism.

When you are so extreme and think almost everyone hates you this is simply over-the-top -ism. It's not just show-boating because I think you actually believe all the stuff you throw out in your continual rants.It's just over-reacting to mostly relatively honest comments which are made with no ill intent. 

And if you allow others to get under your skin to this extent then you may be about to have a heart attack  or a burst blood vessel. For.what? As for the other folks . Just thank them often for their posts or say ..."OOPS" a lot instead.     

Thank you.

SP is a old Canadian ersehole and most of the moderators on here - at times - can also be erseholes. That is not abuse it is merely a vote of togetherness, of paternal protectiveness and wise old man advice to a young, enthusiastic yet impulsive and overly sensitive maturing ersehole.

• Agree 2

Guest Mahonio

Mahonio--I suggested privately a very long time ago when you first came on here that you just take it easy and also gave you a couple of tips how to fit in and so forth.

But , no, you prefer to become increasingly agitated, very angry, vitriolic and frequently swearing and sometimes you just lose it altogether -seemingly because people disagree with you and suggest you post in another more reasoned way. It's not life and death it's only a game.

Personally speaking, I would prefer that you do now take a break and calm down because I find your posting to be very disagreeable, upsetting and not appropriate. And I am now suffering from a severe case of fed-upism.

When you are so extreme and think almost everyone hates you this is simply over-the-top -ism. It's not just show-boating because I think you actually believe all the stuff you throw out in your continual rants.It's just over-reacting to mostly relatively honest comments which are made with no ill intent.

And if you allow others to get under your skin to this extent then you may be about to have a heart attack or a burst blood vessel. For.what? As for the other folks . Just thank them often for their posts or say ..."OOPS" a lot instead.

Thank you.

So you are going to let IHE get off, nice work, he is just going to post more abuse, how can he get away with that ffs and I don't keep my PMs, I delete them after reading them.

I am actually disgusted at this action re IHE!!

I was one of the 88 Caley fans there tonight at half time I was  wondering why I bothered it was grim. Second half they redeamed themselves and nearly grabbed a point.  On reflection I'm glad I went roll on Sunday.

• Agree 3

Just seen yer post you, you.......psychologist, you.          Thank you for your insight. I'll mull it over during  the off season and be back at you fresh as paint. Once a psycho-analyst always a maturing ersehole.....

Watch this space. Thanks fer the opportunity to pay you a colimplent. :laugh:

S P.

Guest Mahonio

See, now your mocking me, how the hell can that be acceptable?

You wonder why I feel hated, well you and IHE are prime examples of why I feel that way, it is ridiculous and still no action taken!

I used to repect and like IHE but now I am getting fed up of his abuse. As I said, being called an "********" is abuse.

Have a look at IHE post and tell me that isn't abuse and, as usual, nothing is done about it. Calling me an ******** IS abuse and I DEMAND that something done, it isn't 1st time that he has posted something abusive so a ban needs imposed imho!

Do us all a fav  :moon02: